Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Videos, Audio, Poetry, Paintings etc., that send a message

Much appreciated , 2020hindsight, been a while since posting a youtube address. Cheers mate.

I should add, to the director's credit,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan's_Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth (Spanish: El Laberinto del Fauno, literally The Faun's Labyrinth) is an Academy Award–winning Spanish language fantasy film[2][3] written and directed by Mexican film-maker Guillermo del Toro.

hedgehog in the fog

and a russian one ;) - what is it like in the fog?
10 minutes, but complete , and worth the watch imo (during the ads on the cricket maybe ;)

for a hedgehog ( which could be russian code for hedgefund?)
and a bear (appropriate I would have thought)

I'm learning that one each day that the DOW drops yet again. :eek:

hedgehog in the fog
classic award winning russian animated short film
with english subtitles

Attachments

• hedgehog1.jpg
    hedgehog1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 82
  • hedgehog2.jpg
    hedgehog2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 82
  • hedgehog3.jpg
    hedgehog3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 80
  • hedgehog4.jpg
    hedgehog4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 79
Here's an unsolicited email I received -
what I want to know is HOW did they find me ?
just when I needed them most?
I'm saved - I'm saved !!

Your credit does not matter to us!

If you have your own business and wish IMMEDIATE money to spend ANY way you like or require Extra money to give your company a boost or need A low interest loan - NO STRINGS ATTACHED, here is our best deal we can offer you THIS NIGHT (hurry, this lot will expire THIS NIGHT):

$69,000+ loan

Hurry, when best deal is gone, it is gone. Simply finish this plain form...

Don't worry about approval, your credit history will not disqualify you!

http://nowohere.com.cn/

Here's an unsolicited email I received -
what I want to know is HOW did they find me ?
just when I needed them most?
I'm saved - I'm saved !!
apologise mods - maybe you could delete (or corrupt) that link to that "con" website. back a couple of posts -
I didn't mean that people should actually go there, lol :2twocents

Already posted elsewhere
but , lol - gee I love this commercial
Perhaps it could be called "guide to parenting" ?
NOT THAT I'm pretending I'm any good at parenting - more a case of my noticing "something" about this Ad :)

the "lead by example" - as the foal looks at the photo of the team harnessed up
throw in an achievement of two maybe (optional)
somehow motivate the kid (if you know, tell me how lol)
and help - preferably unobserved by the kids - so they can say "told you I could do it mum/dad" !! ;)

PS lol - even the way the parents wink at each other.

My Favorite Commercial

PS - only problem is that driveway ( past the doorway) appears to be a downhill grade
oops no brakes ;)

PS reminds me of the time the cubs had a billy cart competition - I made this thing for the boy with bicycle wheels at the back and a golf buggy at the front - went like a rocket - down the hill and across the flat where they had a peg for the longest "coast"

we passed the previous "longest coast" peg -
and kept going - over the next ridge and down the next hill - which was much steeper and ended abruptly at a fence - lol.

the boy lost a bit of skin... cried a bit .... but was soon back asking to have another go lol

(PS After that I used to fit em with brakes ;))

Attachments

• foal2.jpg
    foal2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 72
  • foal3.jpg
    foal3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 73
  • foal4.jpg
    foal4.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 80
Cowboy and Horse Act Amsterdam 2007

domestication ?
according to wiki (etc) -
dog about 15K years ago
horse about 6K years ago :2twocents
http://archaeology.about.com/od/domestications/qt/dogs.htm
History of Dog Domestication
The partnership of dog (Canis lupus familiaris) and humans has included assistance with herding and hunting, an early alarm system, and a source of food in addition to the companionship many of us today know and love. But when this partnership happened is at the moment under some controversy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

Based on DNA evidence, the wolf ancestors of modern dogs diverged from other wolves about 100,000 years ago,[2][3] and dogs were domesticated from those wolf ancestors about 15,000 years ago.[4] This date would make dogs the first species to be domesticated by humans.

Evidence suggests that dogs were first domesticated in East Asia, possibly China,[5] and some of the peoples who entered North America took dogs with them from Asia.[5]

As humans migrated around the planet a variety of dog forms migrated with them. The agricultural revolution and subsequent urban revolution led to an increase in the dog population and a demand for specialization. These circumstances would provide the opportunity for selective breeding to create specialized working dogs and pets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication_of_the_horse
an increasing amount of evidence supports the hypothesis that horses were domesticated in the Eurasian steppes (evidently centered in Ukraine) at approximately 4000 BC.[1]

The date of the domestication of the horse depends to some degree upon the definition of "domestication." Some zoologists define "domestication" as human control over breeding, which can be detected in ancient skeletal samples by changes in the size and variability of ancient horse populations. Other researchers look at broader evidence, ............

The date of 4000 BC is based on evidence that includes the appearance of dental pathologies associated with bitting, changes in butchering practices, changes in human economies and settlement patterns, the depiction of horses as symbols of power in artifacts, and the appearance of horse bones in human graves.[2] On the other hand, measurable changes in size and increases in variability associated with domestication occurred later, about 2500-2000 BC, as seen in horse remains found at the site of Csepel-Haros in Hungary, a settlement of the Bell Beaker culture.[3]

Regardless of the specific date of domestication, use of horses spread rapidly across Eurasia for transportation, agricultural work and warfare. Possibly as early as 3500-3000 BC, and certainly during the period 2500-2000 BC, human reliance on domesticated horses spread across Eurasia for transportation and warfare. Horses and mules in agriculture used a breastplate type harness or a yoke more suitable for oxen, which was not as efficient at utilizing the full strength of the animals as the later-invented horse collar that arose several millennia later ... etc

think I've told this story a few times but
speaking of the domestication of dogs (and horses etc)

you know the theory that a person and their pet grow to resemble each other ...?

prissy people have poodles, stubborn old pommies (with double chins- call em churchillian I guess) have bulldogs etc

well I knew a bloke once - was a GIANT of a man - a welder no less.

anyway - his pet? (s)

a team of clydesdales ;)

message? - damned if I know lol - if you find one, maybe let me know. :)

A few Good Creative Men

Jack Nicholson Great Prank Phone Call

Wife Prank Call Backfires

message? - don't ever let goats cross with racehorses! - what a bludy useless breed of goat these are lol
fainting goats fall down

meassage #2 - don't believe everything you see on youtube lol
River Dance Monkeys (Remix)

It`s a very strange world and i thank you, Master Jack.

Attachments

• communication-control-entertainment-ideas-performance-~-emblec0012c.jpg
    communication-control-entertainment-ideas-performance-~-emblec0012c.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 56
  • man-being-pulled-by-strings-~-EMO015.jpg
    man-being-pulled-by-strings-~-EMO015.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 60
  • hands-manipulating-marionette-~-520535.jpg
    hands-manipulating-marionette-~-520535.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 66
  • man-with-ventriloquist-dummy-~-15477-41dg.jpg
    man-with-ventriloquist-dummy-~-15477-41dg.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 57
  • puppet-of-a-businessman-and-a-dollar-bill-~-gwil13009.jpg
    puppet-of-a-businessman-and-a-dollar-bill-~-gwil13009.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 58
It`s a very strange world and i thank you, Master Jack.
... lol - wys, you reminded me of this Far Side I saw recently ;)
(Gee that Gary Larsen is/was a genius lol
then again genius and madness are but a finger width apart ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ain.html?in_article_id=434938&in_page_id=1774
They say there's a fine line between genius and madness.

Painter Van Gogh and author Jack Kerouac were both hailed as geniuses but displayed self-destructive behaviour.

Now scientists have discovered a gene which is linked to both intelligence and one of the most common forms of madness - schizophrenia.

It could explain why some of the world's foremost minds have also suffered from the psychotic disorder.

Kerouac was diagnosed with the condition and many believe Van Gogh, who famously chopped off part of his left ear during a bout of depression, was a sufferer - along with the brilliant Russian dancer Vaclav Nijinsky.

Nobel prize-winning mathematician John Nash, portrayed by Russell Crowe in the film A Beautiful Mind, has also had a life-long struggle with schizophrenia.

Researchers say it's all down to a particular gene, known as DARPP-32, which links genius with madness. ... etc
http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070507-000002.html

Then again ... (for the opposite view)
http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070507-000002.html
Genius and Madness
Creativity and mood: The myth that madness heightens creative genius.
By: Hara Estroff Marano

There may be a link between creativity and mental disorders, but it is probably not in the way that you think. There is a widespread highly romanticized belief that madness somehow heightens creative genius among artists, writers, and musicians. And that may be because we romanticize the idea of artistic inspiration.

As with mental disorders, there is something mysterious and unexplainable about the creative process. But all significant creative leaps have two very important components—talent and technique. By far the most universal and necessary aspect of technique is dogged persistence, which is anything but romantic.

Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, best known for his work on flow, has spent four decades studying the creative process. He recounts the experience of sculptor Nina Holton. "Tell anybody you're a sculptor and they'll say, 'Oh, how exciting, how wonderful,'" Holton told him. Her response to such comments: "What's so wonderful?" Then she explains that being a sculptor is "like being a mason or a carpenter half the time." She finds that "they don't wish to hear that because they really only imagine the first part, the exciting part. But, as Khruschev once said, that doesn't fry pancakes, you see. That germ of an idea does not make a sculpture that stands up. So the next stage is the hard work. Can you really translate it into a piece of sculpture?"
;)

Attachments

• ventquist.jpg
    ventquist.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 54
You know in saying that 2020, the term gifted only means they are better than the rest in their chosen/destined field.There are many more fliippers in society than genii so i`m with Haras story and don`t see see a connection with the genius/madness.

What's more, says Csikszentmihalyi, the openness and sensitivity of creative people can expose them to suffering and pain. As electrical engineer Jacob Rabinow told him, "Inventors have a low threshold of pain. Things bother them." And yet, few things in life bring more satisfaction and fulfillment than the process of creation.

Maybe the `process` of creativity drives people batty.John Mc Enroe was one of the best tennis players and yet at his peak he would still throw himself on the ground in a tantrum.:eek:Maybe he was just .... mad.

Attachments

• !cid_002d01c741bc$ed98a710$6900a8c0@percypc.jpg
    !cid_002d01c741bc$ed98a710$6900a8c0@percypc.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 58