Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Videos, Audio, Poetry, Paintings etc., that send a message

unlike the screen actors - these blokes fail to keep a straight face. :)

Ukulele Orchestra of GB - The Good the Bad the Ugly

Adam Spencer interviewed this bloke as he passed through Sydney this week apparently.
"Dave Heeley says being blind doesn't hold any barriers" etc
- sheesh - what an effort - I dips me lid m8.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/04/07/2209833.htm
Seven marathons in seven days in seven countries
You have heard of extreme sport and high achievers what about seven marathons in seven days in seven countries by a man who is blind. Dave Heeley says being blind doesn't hold any barriers and won't impede his ability to succeed. He believes if there is something you want to do in life you just have to go out and grasp it and make it happen.

.... process of elimination is a mighty powerful intellectual process ..

Attachments

• elimination.jpg
    elimination.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 175
"If you were around in 1919 (just before prohibition started) and came upon the following poster.. " (the rest of the poster is missing ;))

Say "cheese! - ok, now with a dash of lemon!"

Attachments

• LIPS ETC.jpg
    LIPS ETC.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 149
"If you were around in 1919 (just before prohibition started) and came upon the following poster.. "
I think from memory that the rest of the poster read something like ..

"seriously! - would you change your drinking habits!?"

mind you, I didn't understand what they were trying to say here... :2twocents.... :rolleyes:

This song has been sung by numerous artists since the 1973 musical.The explanation below says it all really.

Sondheim

I get a lot of letters over the years asking what the title means and what the song’s about. I never thought it would be in any way esoteric. I wanted to use theatrical imagery in the song, because she’s an actress. But it’s not supposed to be “circus”. It’s supposed to be . . . it’s supposed to have that circus reference but it’s a theater reference, meaning “if the show isn’t going well, let’s send in the clowns”. In other words, ”let’s do the jokes”. I always want to know, when I’m writing a song, what the end is going to be. So, “Send in the Clowns” didn’t settle in until I got the notion, “Don’t bother, they’re here” which means that “We are the fools”. And that’s the story. I wish I had more to say to you about it. I wrote it in E major.

The play is "a dark play about people who, at the beginning, are with wrong partners." The song occurs in Act Two and is sung by the character, Desiree. Desiree is herself a theatrical actress, older now, who lived her life flitting from man to man. One of her prior lovers was Fredrik, who long before had been in love with Desiree. When Desiree refused to settle down with him, Fredrik abandoned the quest. He did not know it, but he had a child with Desiree, who is now grown. Fredrik recently married a much younger woman, whom he loves, although she refuses to have sex.

In Act One, Fredrik meets Desiree again, and they enjoy a passionate and loving night together.

By the next morning, Desiree realizes that she loves Fredrik and should have married him long ago. She proposes to Fredrik, telling him that she is in need of rescue and asking if he too needs to be rescued. Fredrik tells Desiree that he loves his wife, and he refuses her proposal and apologizes for having misled her.

As Desiree begins to sing the song, "Send in the Clowns", she feels both very angry and very sad, mostly at herself, her life and her choices.

top song wys ;)
a) and today the part of Desiree will be played by old Blue Eyes, lol -
just goes to show that men are just as vulnerable as women to play the part of clowns when it comes to love I guess
b) and that - in a song and/or poem - they'll even admit it lol
c) I think I prefer Judy Collins btw, partly from a past clownish experience of my own making (see d)
d) I once (and only once) was invited backstage after a show - it happened to be this one , i.e. A Little Night Music, - I was talking to the lady / Desiree who had just poured her heart and soul into her rendition of this song ...
and I foolishly asked her had she heard Frank Sinatra's version of the song .. I must have inadvertently implied that I preferred his version ....
e) as I say, that was the last time I was ever invited backstage !- anywhere! lol

Sinatra

PS Found this one.. Here's Sondheim teaching how it should be sung btw ... :2twocents

Sondheim teaches Send In The Clowns (Part 1)

(PS (how good is this internet ;))

singers from Barbara Streisand to Liz Taylor...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=send+in+the+clowns&search_type=&aq=0

How it should be (imo) ;)
(apologies in advance to Whiskers - I guess you either love em or you don't) :rolleyes:

Attachments

• bird and cat.jpg
    bird and cat.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 145
message? - some blokes have more courage than sense ...
The Hydraulic Handstand!... :eek:

Attachments

• Hydraulics Handstand1.jpg
    Hydraulics Handstand1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Hydraulics Handstand2.jpg
    Hydraulics Handstand2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Hydraulics Handstand3.jpg
    Hydraulics Handstand3.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Hydraulics Handstand4.jpg
    Hydraulics Handstand4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 122
Killer Willard the Boxing Kangaroo

the lady says it's a comedy show - great sense of homour - she's the one getting the right hooks lol ;)

Kangaroo Knocks Out Man

lol - this bird should be on stage
I mean - this is absolute nonsense - still she carries it off (imo ;))

orgasm blush and america!

Christian the Lion - the full story (in HQ)

Tear Jerker....Especially for animal lovers! "Christian" the Lion

(the missus put me onto this youtube - apparently it was on TV today ;) (Kerryanne Kennelly show)

A couple of Aussie blokes living in London in the 60's adopted a small lion - then set it free in Kenya - then went back after almost a year - the reunion is something to behold. - They went back twice more until 1974 - by which time, "Christian" was a seriously big lion. :eek:

Attachments

• christian.jpg
    christian.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 103