Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ)

Would have been nice to have loaded up on TSLA at its 52 week low.
1719970128029.png

Mick

An interesting take on Elon's comments and Tesla dojo -

Very interesting.

Nvidia's chips are manufactured in Taiwan (TMSC). Dojo chips are also manufactured in Taiwan (TMSC).
Under Biden's award of $6.6 billion to move the technology, TMSC are building their new facility in Arizona.

So can Musk take on Nvidia? Possibly.

But my question is - that since he has set up a separate company to do this, xAi, how well can Tesla gain from this?

Last edited:
Very interesting.

Nvidia's chips are manufactured in Taiwan (TMSC). Dojo chips are also manufactured in Taiwan (TMSC).
Under Biden's award of $6.6 billion to move the technology, TMSC are building their new facility in Arizona.

So can Musk take on Nvidia? Possibly.

But my question is - that since he has set up a separate company to do this, xAi, how well can Tesla gain from this?

I thought that xAi was involve in building AI with a specific purpose "xAI is a company working on building artificial intelligence to accelerate human scientific discovery. We are guided by our mission to advance our collective understanding of the universe."

Whereas Tesla are building AI for autonomous vehicles and robots "AI & Robotics We develop and deploy autonomy at scale in vehicles, robots and more. We believe that an approach based on advanced AI for vision and planning, supported by efficient use of inference hardware, is the only way to achieve a general solution for full self-driving, bi-pedal robotics and beyond."

Will Elon change his mind and change course? maybe, but not until his contract is over. And that is why 73% of Tesla shareholders re-approved his payment, and Elon re-confirmed his job at Tesla.

I'd be surprised if Elon takes another company public. He did mention that Tesla shareholders would get first preference though.

It's equity..

That is worse than giving away cash. but Tesla couldn't afford to pay Elon $56 Billion in cash because its never earned that amount.

Elon raised the market value of Tesla from $100 Billion to $700 Billion, and got paid $56 Billion in equity that was clipped off the shares of his fellow investors.

In the same time frame the boss of CBA rose the value of CBA from $100 Billion to $200 Billion, using the same metrics as Elon CBA should be paying their boss $1 Billion / year, Thats 1,000 Million a year.

You used Steve jobs as an example, he took a pay check of $1 per year to run apple.

That is worse than giving away cash. but Tesla couldn't afford to pay Elon $56 Billion in cash because its never earned that amount.

Elon raised the market value of Tesla from $100 Billion to $700 Billion, and got paid $56 Billion in equity that was clipped off the shares of his fellow investors.

In the same time frame the boss of CBA rose the value of CBA from $100 Billion to $200 Billion, using the same metrics as Elon CBA should be paying their boss $1 Billion / year, Thats 1,000 Million a year.

You used Steve jobs as an example, he took a pay check of $1 per year to run apple.
There's permanent damage done if Elon leaves though. He's too much of a pi55baby if he doesn’t get his way. Not only that but his followers would dump the stock.

There's permanent damage done if Elon leaves though. He's too much of a pi55baby if he doesn’t get his way. Not only that but his followers would dump the stock.
So what does that say about Elon? Threatening to leave his company unless they pay him Billions that doesn’t seem like a good guy to me, as I said most founders work for much less than hired executives not billions more.

Tim Cook for example has presided over the building of more market value at Apple than Elon did at Tesla, and with $56 Billion you can employ Tim Cook for 500 years.

No one is irreplaceable, Tim Cook is proof of that.

So what does that say about Elon? Threatening to leave his company unless they pay him Billions that doesn’t seem like a good guy to me, as I said most founders work for much less than hired executives not billions more.

Tim Cook for example has presided over the building of more market value at Apple than Elon did at Tesla, and with $56 Billion you can employ Tim Cook for 500 years.

No one is irreplaceable, Tim Cook is proof of that.
Ever heard about the story of kyle and Jackie O radio show and 2day FM. It was one of the worst decisions in history. They will be teaching it in business school for decades.

Tim Cook isn't an innovator. It's basically a walled off garden sucking in fees for entry. Time cook is a glorified store manager.
It's running on Jobs legacy.
Elon is irreplaceable at this stage.

How much did Elon make you on that run?
Shareholders voted on that contract and he got it there. Contract fulfilled. I've always been iffy on the guy. But you can't argue with his abilities.

Him fully endorsing Trump is a concern though.

Shareholders voted on that contract and he got it there. Contract fulfilled. I've always been iffy on the guy. But you can't argue with his abilities.

In Australia, we're a little more private with our politics. Whereas in the US they are very vocal and proud to tell everyone their thoughts.

Personally, I'd keep my political view to myself. Unless it got to the point that I was worried about the future of the country, my friends and family, or my business.

Elon Musk has previously been a Democrat supporter -

Within the context of American politics, Musk has said he supported Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, Hillary Clinton in 2016, and Joe Biden in 2020. In 2022, Musk said he would start voting for Republican Party candidates, with him showing support for Vivek Ramaswamy in the 2024 Republican presidential primaries.

Maybe Musk is disappointed by how Biden has treated Tesla, or maybe he is worried about how someone with obvious mental decline will be able to run the country for another 4 years.

Jeff Skoll, an eBay billionaire who was among the biggest donors to Joe Biden’s 2020 election campaign, tore into Biden in a Saturday social media post for his treatment of Tesla.....Skoll ripped Biden for “purposely” shunning Tesla early in his presidential term, claiming the “slap in the face” to by far the most prolific U.S.-based electric vehicle producer was because Tesla isn’t unionized, and calling on Biden to “stop persecuting our entrepreneurs” like Musk.

In Australia, we're a little more private with our politics. Whereas in the US they are very vocal and proud to tell everyone their thoughts.

Personally, I'd keep my political view to myself. Unless it got to the point that I was worried about the future of the country, my friends and family, or my business.

Elon Musk has previously been a Democrat supporter -

Within the context of American politics, Musk has said he supported Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, Hillary Clinton in 2016, and Joe Biden in 2020. In 2022, Musk said he would start voting for Republican Party candidates, with him showing support for Vivek Ramaswamy in the 2024 Republican presidential primaries.

Maybe Musk is disappointed by how Biden has treated Tesla, or maybe he is worried about how someone with obvious mental decline will be able to run the country for another 4 years.

Jeff Skoll, an eBay billionaire who was among the biggest donors to Joe Biden’s 2020 election campaign, tore into Biden in a Saturday social media post for his treatment of Tesla.....Skoll ripped Biden for “purposely” shunning Tesla early in his presidential term, claiming the “slap in the face” to by far the most prolific U.S.-based electric vehicle producer was because Tesla isn’t unionized, and calling on Biden to “stop persecuting our entrepreneurs” like Musk.
He's been targeted by democrats for a while now. He seems to have a short fuse about such things. He's really going hard now though. Even on guys like reid hoffman.

Ever heard about the story of kyle and Jackie O radio show and 2day FM. It was one of the worst decisions in history. They will be teaching it in business school for decades.

Tim Cook isn't an innovator. It's basically a walled off garden sucking in fees for entry. Time cook is a glorified store manager.

As I said, would you be happy with the CBA CEO earning $1,000 Million per year? Because that is how much he should be earning based on the same metrics as Elon.

I have no problem with giving either Elon or Kylie and Jackie O a huge pay check, but at some stage it doesn’t matter how good you are the sum can be to much. When you are talking about $56 Billion I think that is too much, especially when that person is already a stock holder and participating in the gain anyway.

The share holders took a massive risk backing Elon, they could have lost everything, they deserve to no be clipped by 15% just because the CEO is greedy.

As I said, would you be happy with the CBA CEO earning $1,000 Million per year? Because that is how much he should be earning based on the same metrics as Elon.

I have no problem with giving either Elon or Kylie and Jackie O a huge pay check, but at some stage it doesn’t matter how good you are the sum can be to much. When you are talking about $56 Billion I think that is too much, especially when that person is already a stock holder and participating in the gain anyway.

The share holders took a massive risk backing Elon, they could have lost everything, they deserve to no be clipped by 15% just because the CEO is greedy.
One of the dumbest CEO deals ever tbh , they approved so they should pay but seriously Based on Market cap really has no relationship to how the business is actually fundamentally performing . It had to be Revenue / Earnings metrics attached to not be anything but a Grift .

Anyway TSLA is a sell the pop trade for me . SP will have a 1 in front again before it ever has a 3 again

"

One of the dumbest CEO deals ever tbh , they approved so they should pay but seriously Based on Market cap really has no relationship to how the business is actually fundamentally performing . It had to be Revenue / Earnings metrics attached to not be anything but a Grift .

"
Yep, and giving away 15% of the shares is a crazy amount, one day Tesla will begin buying back shares, and it is going to cost a lot more than $56 Billion to undue that dilution.

I agree to a point, but a contract is a contract and Elon walking away would wipe Tesla out imo. The engineers would walk with him and so would the fan boys. Just them alone would wipe the stock. I'm not worried about 15%- try a 30-50% drop if he walked. He has a rabid fan base.

I think it's going to get hit for a few different reasons. Timing of when is a pure guessing game.
If Trump wins it might be something different. This is the biggest outside influence. Elon has thrown his weight behind him, so I'm guessing some kind of deal is in the making.
If Biden wins Tesla will take the hit.

Musk needs to get off twitter.

The last point highlights the difference propaganda makes vs free thinkers based on facts..

I agree to a point, but a contract is a contract and Elon walking away would wipe Tesla out imo. The engineers would walk with him and so would the fan boys. Just them alone would wipe the stock. I'm not worried about 15%- try a 30-50% drop if he walked. He has a rabid fan base.

I think it's going to get hit for a few different reasons. Timing of when is a pure guessing game.
If Trump wins it might be something different. This is the biggest outside influence. Elon has thrown his weight behind him, so I'm guessing some kind of deal is in the making.
If Biden wins Tesla will take the hit.

Musk needs to get off twitter.
But to me it’s more about his morals for accepting that large of a pay packet, Also he has fan boys because he built Tesla, and he couldn’t have done that without the investors (whom he later clipped)

To remedy the problem, if he really thinks his management of Tesla will build value, he should agree to not accept anymore compensation, and just accept any future value he brings will be reflected by an increase in value of that $56 Billion of shares we just paid him (plus the shares he already owned prior).

————————

Also, keep in mind that although you don’t seem to think Tim Cook has done much, he has presided over a capital gain for Apple share holders of about 5 times more than Elon did for Tesla share holders, and was paid a tiny fraction, and he donated a huge portion of his bonus to charity, and as I said Steve jobs before him worked for $1 per year.

I'm not worried about 15%- try a 30-50% drop if he walked. He has a rabid fan base.
In the last 5 years TSLA has had 8 100d drops of 40% , so that is nothing new , It's expected . And i think another one in next 100 days is not that improbable , actually its probable in my eyes . Everyone of these dips tests the diamond hands mentality of the cult .

And lets not ignore the total top to bottom drawdown of 75% in that period and lets not forget the reason that started , MR Genius ( first in last out ) his words started selling TSLA shares like a madman knowing he had ticked the box on his windfall deal , Shareholders got right royally #$*^ed and he knew sales were under the pump then , how couldnt he . The man is a grifter

Last edited: