Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ)

I just did a major Trim of my Tesla share holding.

I originally purchased Parcel of Tesla stock a few years ago as a speculation, I sold half after it had more than doubled, and just now I sold another 2 thirds.

I now only hold 50 Tesla shares, which is just a fraction of the profit I made so far, and is enough for me to feel like I have a little bit of skin in the game, but not enough for me to be to concerned about Elon continuing becoming more of a loose canon.
Probably good timing. It's hard to tell what happens if Trump makes Elon a special economic adviser. Could sink the stock if Elon accepted.

Wouldn't they have who the car is registered to?
Do the cars have internal microphones?
Realistically it's more likely to happen with the Chinese evs.

Don't know, but I do know that your phone has a microphone, camera and GPS, and registered in your name. And your computer uses the internet to log its location, and most have a microphone and camera, and all your details.

Wouldn't they have who the car is registered to?
Do the cars have internal microphones?
Realistically it's more likely to happen with the Chinese evs.
to be honest I don’t know, but I also don’t know why the concerns you mention would be limited to EV’s, aren’t all modern vehicles at risk, I mean they are all becoming more connected with cameras and more bells and whistles. I don’t think the drive chain being Electric powered increases the risk.

if it’s microphones you are worried about every home security camera setup these days records audio, and is conn extend to the internet. you can even add dash cams etc to older cars and be in a similar situation.

Probably good timing. It's hard to tell what happens if Trump makes Elon a special economic adviser. Could sink the stock if Elon accepted.
The possibility of joining Trump along with Spacex, his new artificial intelligence start-up xAi and Twitter using up his time doesn't encourage me.

He hasn't got time to do Tesla justice and yet he wants to dilute current shareholders by 9% (taking $56 Billion) as well as take a lot of the future upside.

I see shareholder groups are against it shareholder proxies ISS and Glass Lewis - who said the award was "of an excessive size".

Musk is saying if it is approved he will let investors go to open days at the factory and possibly there will be a few who get to go on a Spacex rocket. Interesting stuff. would that tempt you @Value Collector ?

The possibility of joining Trump along with Spacex, his new artificial intelligence start-up xAi and Twitter using up his time doesn't encourage me.

He hasn't got time to do Tesla justice and yet he wants to dilute current shareholders by 9% (taking $56 Billion) as well as take a lot of the future upside.

I see shareholder groups are against it shareholder proxies ISS and Glass Lewis - who said the award was "of an excessive size".

Musk is saying if it is approved he will let investors go to open days at the factory and possibly there will be a few who get to go on a Spacex rocket. Interesting stuff. would that tempt you @Value Collector ?

How did you vote?

1714717689148.png

Don't own presently. I am short term bearish.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

The owners of shares in the company will decide and vote on what they think is right.

Stressing yourself about what happens in a company that you don't have any skin in is like a New Zealander stressing about the Victorian debt level and the increased spending that the Vic government is conducting, nothing but stress.

Last edited:

Nah, I don’t think anything justifies $56 Billion.

Keep in mind the next highest CEO is Tim Cook from Apple, and you could pay Tim Cook for 500 years with $56 Billion.

I am not sure the people voting yes understand money, or what it means to their own holdings.

As I said before I am continuing to hold 50 shares, just basically for fun, but Indont consider Tesla part of my core holding.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

The owners of shares in the company will decide and vote on what they think is right.

Stressing yourself about what happens in a company that you don't have any skin in is like a New Zealander stressing about the Victorian debt level and the increased spending that the Vic government is conducting, nothing but stress.
I am not stressed. I am just highly interested as to what happens. I am a bit of a fan of Musk and love to see him push the envelope.
How can I not be interested? He is changing the world and will be remembered in history.

Last edited:
I am not stressed. I am just highly interested as to what happens. I am a bit of a fan of Musk and love to see him push the envelope.
How can I not be interested? He is changing the world and will be remembered in history.

A few questions answered her

Voted yes 1-4 and 9 .... the rest 'mostly' abstained ...
Question to all ... did musk have a deal in 2018 or didn't he?

This ain't a car company; this is a car that drive'm selves company(& few other things) ... I'm looking closely at that competition in FSD and not see'n much; please point me to what I'm miss'n !!!.
What I think I'm seeing?... Is an alignment of whose who see that, TSLA's FSD, as a threat... just in driver assist, you can drive a five year old Tesla and it 'laps the park' on yesterdays Toyota in what we get here in Oz.

Good to see old'man Murdoch stepp'n out of a Lucid with his new squeeze on his way to crypt oops alter.

For those who go back a bit on this thread, Knobby was happy to tell all that; 'for those that want them' TSLA was circa $110us back around new year 22-23... never not bearish it seems, hey Knob's? ... been to around $290US since.

'put ya good money in...
take ya good money out..
wave the cheque around ...
and shake it all about...
ooh do the hokey pokey
ooh do the hokey pokey.....
'

is that what it's all about? nah ... there's a bit more.

This ain't a car company; this is a car that drive'm selves company(& few other things) ... I'm looking closely at that competition in FSD and not see'n much; please point me to what I'm miss'n !!!.
What I think I'm seeing?... Is an alignment of whose who see that, TSLA's FSD, as a threat... just in driver assist, you can drive a five year old Tesla and it 'laps the park' on yesterdays Toyota in what we get here in Oz.

Good to see old'man Murdoch stepp'n out of a Lucid with his new squeeze on his way to crypt oops alter.

For those who go back a bit on this thread, Knobby was happy to tell all that; 'for those that want them' TSLA was circa $110us back around new year 22-23... never not bearish it seems, hey Knob's? ... been to around $290US since.

'put ya good money in...
take ya good money out..
ooh do the hokey pokey
'

Oh there is competition and with cars that have LIDAR .

'put ya good money in...
take ya good money out..
ooh do the hokey pokey
'

I voted pretty much the same as you, just a few nos near the bottom.

As for FSD, you're right, not much out there at the moment. The issue is data, no other manufacturer has the amount of data required for a true AI FSD system. All they have is some sort of 'general obstacle detection'.

Tesla is already in talks with a vehicle manufacturer to license its FSD -

A rival car maker is looking to licence Tesla's so-called 'Full Self-Driving' software for its vehicles, according to the US car giant – which has made bold claims about brands who ignore the capabilities of its technology.​

I voted pretty much the same as you, just a few nos near the bottom.

As for FSD, you're right, not much out there at the moment. The issue is data, no other manufacturer has the amount of data required for a true AI FSD system. All they have is some sort of 'general obstacle detection'.

Tesla is already in talks with a vehicle manufacturer to license its FSD -

A rival car maker is looking to licence Tesla's so-called 'Full Self-Driving' software for its vehicles, according to the US car giant – which has made bold claims about brands who ignore the capabilities of its technology.​
In the end it is Ai.
A space that is moving quickly. Alphabet are investing heavily also.
I can't see the endgame yet.

Oh there is competition and with cars that have LIDAR .

Can China get good enough chips?
And I just found out Uber is a partner.

i believe in Elon but not necessarily Tesla. And considering Elon is threatening to spend less time on Tesla and his conservative base of fans not wanting electric vehicles - it's hard to justify investing in Tesla. Remove Elon from running Tesla... and what do we have? A pretty good car company... like dozens of others like Toyota, Volkswagen... etc. No huge moat. In fact removing any kind of "i distrust Chinese products because it's Chinese" bias I'm pretty sure BYD already make better value electric vehicles than Tesla.

i believe in Elon but not necessarily Tesla. And considering Elon is threatening to spend less time on Tesla and his conservative base of fans not wanting electric vehicles - it's hard to justify investing in Tesla. Remove Elon from running Tesla... and what do we have? A pretty good car company... like dozens of others like Toyota, Volkswagen... etc. No huge moat. In fact removing any kind of "i distrust Chinese products because it's Chinese" bias I'm pretty sure BYD already make better value electric vehicles than Tesla.

Have you taken the BYD & Tesla products for long distance road trips? I have, and even though BYD is a pretty good brand they don’t have the benefit of a navigation system working in concert with a charging network. Maybe in a few years when charging stations are as common as petrol stations there won’t be any difference, except for the FSD.

Tesla is years ahead of any other manufacturer when it comes to FSD, and until you experience the benefits of self driving on long distances you really don’t know.

Just had an old video pop up on my newsfeed, haven't seen it for a long time but it's a good reminder for all. We don't get paid for our time, we get paid for our value.