Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Top Daily Stocks - Possibles, Probables and Fakers...

Following on from my posts in the members section re @barney's contributions in this thread.

Place into a watchlist for further research all stocks; I only look at the positive movers. Ignore the losers.
(i) that trade >$100K in the day
(ii) Have news.
(iii) Greater than 0.01

If we only look at the winners and include these few filters there's only a dozen to look at each day. Only 5 - 10 min each evening.

Your research needs to read the news and decide if this news is really strongly positive for the company. General admin news can be ignored. It has to be something that will induce new investors into the company.

Next you need to monitor the price chart for an acceptable low risk, higher reward trading setup. I've mentioned a few tactics in my posts. Your trading plan needs to state whether you're in the stock for the longer term or short term. Each strategy needs a different management style.
---------------------

Example using the latest post from @barney.

Only LER, G88, CPM, WMG, HOR, AQC, GCY, SMN are worth looking at IMO.
One minute to add them into the spec watchlist for further research.

Last edited:
Follow up: Personal ideas and comments for educational purposes. Not investment advice.

LER: Pine chemicals for cosmetics, perfumes and biomass pellet manufacturer
Chart - Price going sideways after two adverse events (huge weekly down bars). Stage 1. HVBB after HL looks positive.
News: Director buying, completion of $3M - SPP - Not important enough
Trade potential: Daily traded volume too low for me. Corporate activity unlikely to inspire short term traders. PASS

G88: Multiple base metals explorer WA - too many activities for me
Chart: Strong down trend for years - PASS
News: No recent news - PASS
Trade potential: Not now - PASS

CPM: Cu, Au explorer Qld, WA
Chart: Stage 1 with potential. . . as price is near prior R level (0.35).
News: Results of rock chip samples, IP anomaly - OK but not significant enough for me.
Trade potential: Daily traded volume too low but price does spike up often. Keeping in watch list as it's got copper potential

WMG: Nickel ex -
Chart: Huge price spikes after news
News: Huge nickel - sulphide hits
Trade potential: Not now but worth waiting for follow up results once price settles down YES

HOR: Copper ex - WA
Chart: Stage 1 with potential for Stage 2
News: Admin - Not significant - PASS
Trade Potential: Not interested until price gets > 0.035 with more volume - PASS

AQC: Coal - Immediately not interested - PASS
Chart: Down trend - PASS
News: No news - PASS
Trade potential: Might have some potential to be bought out. - PASS

GCY: Exploring gold prospect named Never Never - Enough said.
Chart: Reinstated to trading - Not at this stage - PASS
News: Admin - PASS
Trade potential: Unlikely, only suitable for gamblers - PASS

SMN: Assesses and monitors structural integrity
Chart: Too late in this current price rally (swing) - PASS
News: Reply to speed ticket = Admin - PASS
Trade Potential: Too late now, wait until company is profitable - PASS

This research did take some time as I didn't know anything about the activities of most of these companies. For me it's more efficient to scan for the HVBBs and then do my research. My scans filter out the stocks with low prices, low daily traded volume and those where prices are trending down.

The positive for me is that I know a little bit more about these companies and I've added notes to my charts and placed them into the appropriate sector watch lists as well. Doing this work builds knowledge that enables me to strike when sectors are hot.

It would be remiss of me to not mention the posts contributed by @Dona Ferentes . DF keeps us informed of new IPOs and notable news events in many stock threads. These posts are a good source of potential trading candidates for me if the news is significant enough. I do the same research on each stocks as I've shown above. IPOs are different in that there's no historical price data. In the right market environment price can gap up and keep going. However in less favourable conditions price premiums (stag profits) are quickly sold down. The best trading opportunity will come later when the market sentiment improves. It maybe weeks or months before the trading opp forms and if you don't know what you're looking for you'll miss it.

I hope that my recent posts will help someone organise their trading activity in a more professional manner.

i only hold one of those on the list .... FIJ just a shame it didn't qualify the comp. ( still under one cent despite today's rise )

Had a quick look at this one Divs but don't know much about it or how to value it.

Very low MC which is always a good start for a Spec punt. :bookworm: Good luck with it.

Had a quick look at this one Divs but don't know much about it or how to value it.

Very low MC which is always a good start for a Spec punt. :bookworm: Good luck with it.
having terrible luck with it so far , ( bought in December 2021 @ 7.5 cents a share )

has gone the 'global expansion' trying to put it on shelves everywhere , without having the brand established

maybe it will eventually do OK for those that like ' natural-based ' products , but needs to get profits back in the door

but you never know with these micro-caps .

it could be worse i held TOY [ used to be FUN ] which probably change the ticker again to DUD or DOG or maybe ROT

BTW TOY seems to have bought out my holding at an amount too small to notice ( last time i looked the holding was worth below the brokerage )

Hi @barney thanks very much for you work here mate :xyxthumbs.

There's a couple stocks in the Monthly Comp AR1 and ARR which made me notice AR3 when going through your weekly wrap.

Something I noticed: I had a look at it on the chart and noticed it actually measures from Tuesday's close to Friday's close.
You're most likely well aware of this as I am now ;). I'll take more notice of the days stated above the weekly wraps :xyxthumbs.

On the chart below it shows the 34.8% increase it stated and also shows the increase 148% from last week's close to this week's close.

Thanks once again @barney, appreciate your work ?.

1681605875985.png