Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Top Daily Stocks - Possibles, Probables and Fakers...

Lol ... I still have minimal understanding of these Carrots CC and Divs:unsure: (Carrots/Red/Negative/Losers?? )

I do however like "cryptic", even if I don't get it, LOL.

Lol ... I still have minimal understanding of these Carrots CC and Divs:unsure: (Carrots/Red/Negative/Losers?? )

there is a theory , the real companies plough profits back into the expansion ( or growth ) of the company ie buy a bolt-on or rival , splash out with a marketing campaign ( anything remotely plausible to make the company look like it will go mega-huge )

the ideal is the investors will see 'the potential earnings ( and expansion ) and keep pushing up the share price , because ' the American Dream ' is capital gains ,

now i don't mind being compared to a donkey , but in truth i am a little ornery so probably a mule is more accurate

old fossils like myself , would be quite happy to live on a pension but can see the pension going the way of the dinosaur ( maybe sooner , maybe later ) if they bring in a UBI chances are it will pay about Newstart ( and no frills that make a pension , a basic survival income )

so oldies with a little cash to invest often choose big boring companies ( TLS , the big 4 banks , etc etc ) that have few wise places to splash the cash , so resort to paying divs and doing buy-backs so the shareholders won't vote out the board every time they can

the oldies get some divs which is some sort of safety net in case the pension disappears

BTW about 15 years back government insiders assured me the pension age would be 65 for me , but had i been born a month or two later .. it would be 66 , but guess what by the time i got to 65 that pension age was shifted and might easily be shifted again and again ( and not younger )

now sure if you plan to live fast and die young , go for capital gains ( if you wish ) , if you plan to be mega-rich and migrate , capital gains might suit you as well .

but best of luck if you trust your government

Ahoy there Sea-cadet Barney
It's Not Cryptic!
It's just Simple Mathematics / Simple Calculus
If you refer to your Slide Rule and Logarithmic Tables
You will see-----

If ----- X=Y
and-- Y = Z
Then Z=X

It's as Simple as That!

Salute and Gods' speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

of those highlighted i hold RFX ( mentioned elsewhere here )

and COO only down 40% on that now

but you never know what tomorrow brings

of those highlighted i hold RFX ( mentioned elsewhere here ) and COO only down 40% on that now

I recall a "family member" was "spruiking" RFX to me a couple of years (or so), ago.

He was basing his positivity off someone's opinion he respected at the time. I did not know his "informant", and I have no idea whether my relative in question still holds.

All that aside .... the movement off the recent bottom looks more than a little interesting Divs ;)

Hopefully the SP continues to recover/rise for you :jimlad:

I recall a "family member" was "spruiking" RFX to me a couple of years (or so), ago.

He was basing his positivity off someone's opinion he respected at the time. I did not know his "informant", and I have no idea whether my relative in question still holds.

All that aside .... the movement off the recent bottom looks more than a little interesting Divs ;)

Hopefully the SP continues to recover/rise for you :jimlad:
used to work for a crew cleaning computer-server rooms/farms , so saw their pre-IPO products often in situ

however the company is making really hard work of making a sustainable profit after the float ( considering they had experience , products and customers )

( they only had to make a better battery , not start from an idea on paper )

i guess they got addicted the R&D money

so far disappointed with the company , one would have thought they could at least produce enough to fill current orders by now ( it's not as though they are used in family sedans )

I'm finding the weekly summary more succinct. Thanks for your untiring input, B.
Yeah, agree DF .... I'll keep throwing the daily results in, ...

But I'll try and make a point of adding the "weeklies" from now on.

Cheers M8

i guess they got addicted the R&D money so far disappointed with the company , one would have thought they could at least produce enough to fill current orders by now

Understand that frustration regarding RFX/Specs in general Divs.

No correlation re your comment, but I see today that my old "great white hope" VML (rare earths) is still struggling near recent lows,

While REE (up 23%) and ARR (up 16%) today:confused:

Gotta love Specs!:cool:

I’m holding on to RFX like a broken promise, I think they have a good product that just needs time to develop (and money) . A one product company is probably not a good investment but I’m hanging in.
Are we related by any chance "Colm", lol :)

Good luck with RFX. A one trick pony can be a brilliant investment if the pony eventually wins the "Melbourne cup" ;)