Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

Market Index - Tuesday Evening Wrap

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 32.5 points lower, down 0.42%.

There's a very simple rule in financial markets: Stocks hate rising yields.
And since the middle of last week, both local and overseas benchmark yields have been on the rise. The result is lower prices for Aussie stocks today – particularly those in the Consumer Discretionary, Property, and Financials sectors.
The only sector to show any strength of note was the Energy sector. It's enjoying the potential spoils of rising coal and crude oil prices.
It also likely didn't help matters that minutes from the RBA's June meeting released today demonstrated an all too eager readiness to hike again if required...
Let's dive in!

Market Index - Wednesday Morning Wrap

ASX 200 futures are trading 19 points higher, up 0.24% as of 8:30 am AEST.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq continue to hit fresh record highs despite ongoing breadth concerns, Tesla shares are now up more than 60% since late April, Powell is optimistic about recent data but seeks more proof that inflation is headed towards 2% and a $400m market cap miner just declared a special dividend – yielding 22.7%.
Let's dive in.

Market Index - Wednesday Evening Wrap

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 21.7 points higher, up 0.28%.

A rebound in Resources and Tech stocks helped the ASX 200 to a narrow win today.
Cettire (CTT), Red Hill Minerals (RHI), and the indominable Droneshield (DRO) were among the biggest winners, while Chalice Mining (CHN), Superloop (SLC) and Liontown Resources (LTR) were among the biggest losers.
Uranium stocks rallied sharply with few obvious catalysts.
For all this and much more...
Let's dive in!

as Dr Seuss says, "Hop on pop"

ASX 200 futures are trading 73 points higher, up 0.94% as of 8:30 am AEST.
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq scored another all-time high as softer-than-expected economic data stokes hope for a rate cut. Fortunately, the local sharemarket is set for a strong open thanks to easing bond yields and firmer commodity prices overnight

Market Index - Thursday Evening Wrap

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 91.9 points higher, up 1.19%.

A bumper day on the market, and an accordingly bumper Evening Wrap for you in store!
I've got all the big moves in the Resources sector, including the reasons for strong gains in gold and lithium stocks.
On gold, I've also got the latest technical analysis on the yellow metal, as well as TA for silver and the S&P/ASX200 in the wake of today's near-record-beating close.
Let's dive in!

Market Index - Friday Morning Wrap

ASX 200 futures are trading 14 points lower, down -0.18% as of 8:30 am AEST.

US markets were closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday, European stocks ticked higher as voting began in the UK election, commodity prices continued edge higher overnight and expect a pretty boring session for the local sharemarket.
Let's dive in.

Market Index - Friday Evening Wrap

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 15.9 points lower, down 0.20%.

Paint drying.
Grass growing.
Snail climbing fencepost.
Today’s trading range of 24.1 points or 0.31% was the sixth smallest on record (in percentage terms).
That fact boggled my mind. As in: today was historically benign! 🤯
Is it the usual we can’t do anything good on a Friday for fear of impending major US economic data (note NFP’s are due tonight)?
Or is it we lack the necessary impetus to break through the record high of 7911?
Probably both, but evidence to support the latter is thus: 3 of the 10 smallest trading ranges on record for the S&P/ASX 200 in percentage terms have occurred in the last 11 trading sessions.
Mind officially boggled further! 🤯🤯
Let's dive in!

Market Index - Monday Morning Wrap

ASX 200 futures are trading 11 points lower, down -0.14% as of 8:30 am AEST.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq logged another record close while resources and value underperformed, gold and copper prices rallied strongly overnight – setting local miners up for a strong open and Keir Starmer is the UK's new prime minister after his Labour Party swept to power in a landslide election victory.
Let's dive in.

and, the S&P/ASX 200 closed 59.1 points lower, down 0.76%
View attachment 180241
Dona, while I'm on the subject of 'thank yous', I'd like to thank you and debtfree too for your contributions on this thread. It is a thread I read whenever I'm in....much appreciated.

It looks as if it is going to be one of those days where I should turn the phone off, go for a walk in the park, have a gelato on the Strand and pick a good restaurant for lunch.

The market will be there tomorrow, but today appears up a bit, down a bit and steady as she goes.

gg

looking good
ASX 200 futures are trading 73 points higher, up 0.93% as of 8:30 am AEST.

The S&P 500 closed above 5,600 for the first time on broad-based gains, Apple says new AI features could bump iPhone shipments up by more than 10% this year, uranium stocks soar after unexpected new mineral tax in Kazakhstan and the ASX 200 is set to have a crack at all-time highs.

Industry ETFs​

Fri 12 Jul 24, 8:21am (AEST)

NameValue% Chg
Commodities
Strategic Metals 44.71 +3.30%
Gold Miners 38.09 +2.81%
Steel 68.4 +2.21%
Lithium & Battery Tech 40.86 +2.20%
Silver 28.68 +1.85%
Uranium 31.26 +0.71%
Copper Miners 47.27 -0.40%