Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The state of the economy at the street level

Not knowing the area, are we talking ethnic , Aboriginal or true blue Aussie.. violence is not limited but for interest,is it widespread across culture ?
Just as a sidebar: Midland( Perth eastern suburbs not far from The Ponderosa) is going the same way.

Crime has stepped up markedly to the point Mrs no longer feels safe shopping there.

It's always been pretty rough, high indigenous population etc, but getting downright scary.

Sounds like tough times for the elites.... :roflmao:

There are 141 more billionaires in the world than last year, with 2,781 in total. Their combined worth equals $14.2 trillion — up by $2 trillion in 2023.

The 2024 list also broke records set in 2021, with 26 more billionaires on the list and their combined net worth up by $1.1 trillion.

Billionaires themselves are also wealthier, with two-thirds adding to their worth. The top 20 on the list gained the most, adding $700 billion to their combined worth since 2023. And the U.S. has a record 813 billionaires — the most of any country.

While they use the media to trick y'all in to worrying about transgender sports, immigration, global warming, Trump, inflation, being locked down (unless you're a politically connected), and wars which have zero impact on your life - they've been doing what they've been doing all along - using governments, policies, monopolies, and you to get get richer. How many people here are richer? Probably not as many are as on that list...

Ask the billionaires and the economy is going great.

Sounds like tough times for the elites.... :roflmao:

There are 141 more billionaires in the world than last year, with 2,781 in total. Their combined worth equals $14.2 trillion — up by $2 trillion in 2023.

The 2024 list also broke records set in 2021, with 26 more billionaires on the list and their combined net worth up by $1.1 trillion.

Billionaires themselves are also wealthier, with two-thirds adding to their worth. The top 20 on the list gained the most, adding $700 billion to their combined worth since 2023. And the U.S. has a record 813 billionaires — the most of any country.

While they use the media to trick y'all in to worrying about transgender sports, immigration, global warming, Trump, inflation, being locked down (unless you're a politically connected), and wars which have zero impact on your life - they've been doing what they've been doing all along - using governments, policies, monopolies, and you to get get richer. How many people here are richer? Probably not as many are as on that list...

Ask the billionaires and the economy is going great.
But migration ,global warming and covid scams, inflation, wars and lock downs are not a distraction but a mean to an aim.
All this WEF agenda is just the arm of the billionaires...
So you'd bloody fight these to the end as it is your only way to fight them, unless you think voting left , Biden or ALP here is a way to fight billionaires😂
At best (?) destroying millionaires to ensure their wealth ends with these billionaires...

Went shopping yesterday at Coles Nambour: lower socio economics..realised that baby formula are sold with a massive anti theft tag attached...
Stealing baby formula..not a good sign for a country..
@qldfrog Lucky that you had something on the shelves to buy. Here She who is never wrong waked out of the two biggis because the shelves were to her mind empty. What she wanted wasn't there with big gaps on the shelves of missing products.
And the trad route from the east was reopened quite some time ago.
No elephant stamp for these two.

On the TV news tonight interesting to see that Coles and Woolies are in strife over their pricing modules with red meat.
Hmmm collusion perhaps to inflate this product when us producers are receiving prices that don't cover the inputs.
well some cattle were sent to the auctions the week before Easter the lots earlier were going for $1 a kilo live weight , so back home they came ( to the amazement ( and delight ) of the truckie

did the price of beef drop in the super-markets drop by 66% Easter week ?

( i wouldn't know )

a bull went to the butchers and the home beef cost $3 a kilo ( butchered and packed ( by an independent butcher shop )

but let's see what the next inquiry says ...( somebody is making an easy $10 a kilo on the way to the super market shelf )

@qldfrog Lucky that you had something on the shelves to buy. Here She who is never wrong waked out of the two biggis because the shelves were to her mind empty. What she wanted wasn't there with big gaps on the shelves of missing products.
Mrs wayneL had been bitching about the same thing, though ALDI a TSS shelves have been chockers.

Something weird about that.

Lucky that you had something on the shelves to buy. Here She who is never wrong waked out of the two biggis because the shelves were to her mind empty. What she wanted wasn't there with big gaps on the shelves of missing products.

yeah, it must really piss off the WA folk having to rely on the eastern states for essentials.
Especially when they have long complained aboub the 'special deal" that sees them only get 75% of the GST they pay back from the Feds.
Mick

well some cattle were sent to the auctions the week before Easter the lots earlier were going for $1 a kilo live weight , so back home they came ( to the amazement ( and delight ) of the truckie

did the price of beef drop in the super-markets drop by 66% Easter week ?

( i wouldn't know )

a bull went to the butchers and the home beef cost $3 a kilo ( butchered and packed ( by an independent butcher shop )

but let's see what the next inquiry says ...( somebody is making an easy $10 a kilo on the way to the super market shelf )
Two years ago, we were getting around $6 a kg equating to about $2000 a head baby beef.
I pulled my sale cattle out before I even loaded them last Sunday, thinking that another drop could hit.
It certainly did.
But with feed and hay and water a real worry now I will be biting the bullet this weekend and a truck load will be gone.
Unfortunately price takers not price setters.
Another win for the thieving supermarkets.

Two years ago, we were getting around $6 a kg equating to about $2000 a head baby beef.
I pulled my sale cattle out before I even loaded them last Sunday, thinking that another drop could hit.
It certainly did.
But with feed and hay and water a real worry now I will be biting the bullet this weekend and a truck load will be gone.
Unfortunately price takers not price setters.
Another win for the thieving supermarkets.
Yet on futures markets at near ATH.

What the frack is going on?

Screenshot_2024-04-10-14-49-05-64_40c520d53fccdd78ab16fa5075625c85.jpg