Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The state of the economy at the street level

So, less complaints about our 45% top rate?
I suppose it depends on what you get in return for taxation. There are the positives of course, but then there is the taxation diverted towards pork barreling and other programs not directly rated to the welfare of Australian citizenry.

I do not feel that I am getting value for how much I own taxed. Going back a few years Scandinavians did feel that they were getting value even though the level was higher. I'm not so sure that that is the case nowadays.

Wondering whether this is a new thing, or has always been so? Most certainly has always been, but wondering if it's increased and by how much?
An important factor there is "bank".

I'd take liquid assets as a more useful measure. If someone's got bit $ in liquid assets (eg shares) then having stuff all in the bank becomes a technicality.

Very different if they've no other liquid assets combined with the low bank balance.

Emphasis on liquid assets - you can't sell a bit of a property because you need some money next week. etc, :2twocents

Another music festival has been cancelled.

Splendour in the Grass has been cancelled due to unspecified reasons following Groov in the Moo being cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

"But more than 25 music festivals across Australia have been cancelled since 2022 – nine of them in NSW – according to data from the Australian Festival Association."

Another music festival has been cancelled.

Splendour in the Grass has been cancelled due to unspecified reasons following Groov in the Moo being cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

"But more than 25 music festivals across Australia have been cancelled since 2022 – nine of them in NSW – according to data from the Australian Festival Association."

wouldn't have walked down to the local village for that like-up , let alone reached for the wallet

but somebody must have bought a few tickets , a bit sad for them

Driving around Tasmania, and the economy on the streets here are looking pretty good. The feel and atmosphere here is is a level or two higher than in the Eastern states. I’m happily surprised, to the point of thinking about looking for an investment opportunity.

IMG_3924.jpeg

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

Well arrived in Sydney this avo, staying up the top end of George street near central station, the area is heaving.
No one seems to be doing it tough here, but hard to spot the Aussie. Lol
that sounds like Hammersmith ( London ) when i was there in 1990 , took me an hour to work out i was the only white face in the street ( after 6 PM ) ... and i am not even a Pommie

Well arrived in Sydney this avo, staying up the top end of George street near central station, the area is heaving.
I stayed in Chinatown in Sydney a couple weeks back and i had the same impression . Place was really buzzing , went out on a Sunday night with restuarants open to 10pm . The Aussies are more towards darling harbour ;-) . Went to a show at ICC theatre on darling harbour and the vibe was there as well , packed

If there's Asians walking around you know it's relatively safe. I actually prefer it as they are generally polite. Some good restaurants round Thai town.