Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The future of Astraya

Think of running for Parliament @Smurf1976 ?

If so you had better let us know so we know who to vote for. ;)
Nah. Thought about it once but I think that's ship's sailed. I'd be far too keen on getting things done, and wouldn't survive the game playing that comes with it.

If I do something else, well I guess I could always sell petrol. That's what Smurfs did wasn't it? :)

Nah. Thought about it once but I think that's ship's sailed. I'd be far too keen on getting things done, and wouldn't survive the game playing that comes with it.

If I do something else, well I guess I could always sell petrol. That's what Smurfs did wasn't it? :)
You wouldn't last 10 minutes, then you would be sitting over next to Fatima Payman, how long do you think the muppets in parliament would put up with you telling them the truth. :roflmao:

You wouldn't last 10 minutes, then you would be sitting over next to Fatima Payman, how long do you think the muppets in parliament would put up with you telling them the truth. :roflmao:
Unfortunately that's the reality and (not referring to myself specifically) it deters the people who should be in parliament from going anywhere near the place.

I mean if you've got some existing viable career, anything at all no matter what it is, why would you swap it for politics? Answer = only if you're miserably failing in what you're doing now. And so we get a parliament filled with people who'd struggle to get a job otherwise. :2twocents

Interesting discussion tonight, a NZ guy was saying all the problems in Australia are because of the English, I said well you could always Flck off to New Caledonia and be looked after by the French. :roflmao:
I suggested to @IFocus that we could catch up at the BoatHouse.
It is under new management, I would no longer recommend it, unless you don't mind a bit of excitement. It has certainly livened up. 🀣

Unfortunately that's the reality and (not referring to myself specifically) it deters the people who should be in parliament from going anywhere near the place.

I mean if you've got some existing viable career, anything at all no matter what it is, why would you swap it for politics? Answer = only if you're miserably failing in what you're doing now. And so we get a parliament filled with people who'd struggle to get a job otherwise. :2twocents
Unfortunately, politics now is not a contest of ideas , its a Game of Thrones where winning is the only thing that matters.