Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Last Saturday afternoon this area had, what is for it, a heavy downpour of 60mm in around 30 minutes. For me it caused television reception issues with a number of the channels breaking up and including losing signal from channels associated with 7 and 9.

Unfortunately all the problems have been resolved.
So you can tune back into sponge Bob and the Canberra chronicles again? :xyxthumbs

I was up your way yesterday, hunting down some spare roof tiles, which haven't been produced for 30 years.
Found some at an amazing old salvage yard on the Grt Nrthn Hwy, it was like stepping back in time.
This really old lady says "Yes I think we have 20 down the back past the no entry sign head on about 500m, turn right go past the 3 long domed buildings, take a left past the machinery, then you will see about 3 acres of tiles, they are in there somewhere"
OMG, what a place, $hitting myself worrying bout snakes, climbing over crap everywhere, but I found them, you beauty.
She must have 10 old manual petrol pumps, with the glass bowl on the top, I haven't seen one of them since I crossed the Nullarbor in 1972. :wheniwasaboy:
It's called Brajkovich demolition and salvage, it's just North of that huge roundabout they have put in, the sign on the road says 'Salvage Yard" that's all.
Well worth a look just to have a nostalgic moment.🤪
I'm struggling to come up with a much more useless and irrelevant post than that, especially for the members who live in Sydney.🤣
Haha, I do some work directly across the road from that place. It looks bad enough from the hwy.

Irrelevantly irrelevant, or someone like that.

When one considers the three dimensionsal measurements, why is it that we have length, width (or breadth), but we do not have heighth?
Just wonderin.
mick

Spot on, the wife and I ride the pushbikes around a loop, it is a cycle/walkway about 10k's South, then cross over the highway and come about 12k's back alongside an estuary.

The holiday weekend we were riding back and a Mr Whippy van was parked on the roadside and people were lined up across the cycle/footpath way to buy an icecream, cars were lined up infront and behind the icecream van.

So we are coming along, me in front and I slow to nearly a stop as I near the queue, then ring the bell and ask if we can go through.

Well an overweight bearded bloke in his late 20's or early 30's says use the road, so I said why so you don't have to take a step back, the last thing you need is an ice cream.

Well the wife tells me I have to button it, I think why?
@sptrawler Mr sp well said

With our phones and internet and power now fully restored, the scammers have unfortunately discovered this.
"Peter" for somewhere in Africa has been annoying me today.
Though i didn't open his bull**it e-mail I got the gist of it.
Poot devil has a truck of of loot and needs a bank account to transfer it to.
I guess some dumb a*se will be suckered in by it.

With our phones and internet and power now fully restored, the scammers have unfortunately discovered this.
String him along, can be entertaining.
Make up fake bank accounts, give false names and addresses etc,
Always good fun.
Mick

Yes it is unbelievable, by the way you wouldn't happen to have their number would you. 🤪

Something that has started to pi$$ me off completely is the trend of wanting feedback.
I went to donate blood on Friday, and redcross have sent me three emails asking me to give feedback on my experience.
I buy something online, and they want feedback about the product, how good was the service etc.
Even the bloody banks have started it.
Driving me (more) nuts.
Mick

Something that has started to pi$$ me off completely is the trend of wanting feedback.
I went to donate blood on Friday, and redcross have sent me three emails asking me to give feedback on my experience.
I buy something online, and they want feedback about the product, how good was the service etc.
Driving me (more) nuts.
Mick
I sold a long term holding recently. Lo and behold, every possibility to tick apart from my reason. Bye.

Driving me (more) nuts.
Mick
I suppose if you had a bad experience you could tell them and see if they do anything about it.

Driving me (more) nuts.
Mick
I don't respond to feed back requests hav enough to worry about and do than fill in their forms.

Driving me (more) nuts.
Mick
Part of the reason everything is overpriced and why gross revenue scarcely trickles down to the bottom line, just jobsworths inventing bs reasons to justify their useless $500k positions.

Sack.
Them.
All.

Back to the topic at hand.. ;)
Great record. Shame about the name she married in to. :cautious:

Christina xock

Birth:25 December 1887
Gorae, Victoria, Australia
Death:22 May 2002
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
24?cb=20150914075557.png
AUS
Validated

Christina xock (née Clay; 25 December 1887 – 22 May 2002)[1] is recorded as the oldest verified supercentenarian in Australian history, aged 114 years, 148 days when she died. At the time of her death, she was one of the 100 oldest verified people of all time.[2]