Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Useless and irrelevant but I am sure many of us can relate:
FB_IMG_1705295249294.jpg

The feral perhaps I see it's got a new name when I drove past this morning in the truck.
Interesting story:

Ferals was started before the turn of the century by two brothers who happened to be eventing riders.

They sold out to Coca-Cola who were interested in selling their brews to grog shops, but not really in running the pub. So they let the lease run out basically running down the business until that point.

However the mother of the brothers still owned the property which had been leased to Coca-Cola. One of the brothers, Al, stayed in the business buying a pub in Melbourne.

I guess it may have been a bit of nostalgia, plus his mother owning the property, plus his interest in actually brewing his own beers, but Al decided to restart a business in the premises as a micri brewery under the banner of the Baskerville Tavern.

Their beers are good, it won't be winning a Michelin star anytime soon for their food, but my main winge is that they don't have Guinness on tap.

@#$&ing Philistines!

Still, Not bad for a local.

</trivia>

Interesting story:

Ferals was started before the turn of the century by two brothers who happened to be eventing riders.

They sold out to Coca-Cola who were interested in selling their brews to grog shops, but not really in running the pub. So they let the lease run out basically running down the business until that point.

However the mother of the brothers still owned the property which had been leased to Coca-Cola. One of the brothers, Al, stayed in the business buying a pub in Melbourne.

I guess it may have been a bit of nostalgia, plus his mother owning the property, plus his interest in actually brewing his own beers, but Al decided to restart a business in the premises as a micri brewery under the banner of the Baskerville Tavern.

Their beers are good, it won't be winning a Michelin star anytime soon for their food, but my main winge is that they don't have Guinness on tap.

@#$&ing Philistines!

Still, Not bad for a local.

</trivia>
Whenever I have driven past, usually on a Sunday when carting cattle to Muchea, the joint seems to have plenty of patrons.
The only trouble is when they decide to pull out onto the road, who has the right to the road, my truck or their lousy car !!!!!

Whenever I have driven past, usually on a Sunday when carting cattle to Muchea, the joint seems to have plenty of patrons.
The only trouble is when they decide to pull out onto the road, who has the right to the road, my truck or their lousy car !!!!!
Probably a Tesla, or a trumped up ute that's never been off road I guess?

Probably a Tesla, or a trumped up ute that's never been off road I guess?
To full of the amber fluid and not expecting any road traffic coming past th waterhole. Had a few near misses over the years. Not too worried if they hit me I'm a lot bigger and heavier 🚚🤣

We know that we're getting old when we have the time to complain about poor/no service.

Spent minutes talking to a bot, then a real person who offered to escalate my no service complaint to the regulator (ACCC). WTF?
No, just tell the store manager please he/she/they are losing customers.

Last Saturday afternoon this area had, what is for it, a heavy downpour of 60mm in around 30 minutes. For me it caused television reception issues with a number of the channels breaking up and including losing signal from channels associated with 7 and 9.

Unfortunately all the problems have been resolved.

Nice storm @farmerge

I'm up in the Hills in the brunt of it atm, hoping we get some down in the Valley.
I was up your way yesterday, hunting down some spare roof tiles, which haven't been produced for 30 years.
Found some at an amazing old salvage yard on the Grt Nrthn Hwy, it was like stepping back in time.
This really old lady says "Yes I think we have 20 down the back past the no entry sign head on about 500m, turn right go past the 3 long domed buildings, take a left past the machinery, then you will see about 3 acres of tiles, they are in there somewhere"
OMG, what a place, $hitting myself worrying bout snakes, climbing over crap everywhere, but I found them, you beauty.
She must have 10 old manual petrol pumps, with the glass bowl on the top, I haven't seen one of them since I crossed the Nullarbor in 1972. :wheniwasaboy:
It's called Brajkovich demolition and salvage, it's just North of that huge roundabout they have put in, the sign on the road says 'Salvage Yard" that's all.
Well worth a look just to have a nostalgic moment.🤪
I'm struggling to come up with a much more useless and irrelevant post than that, especially for the members who live in Sydney.🤣