Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

On a whim this afternoon I bought a Power Pik ticket, just because i was feeling a tad lucky.
Usually when I do buy one my numbers haven't been put into the barrel.
Well tonight's draw re-invigorated me, 4 numbers plus the Powerball, a whole $78 in winnings.
You will be able to alter the course of WA economy with that sort of money.
Spend wisely!
Mick

The Virginia opossum, like all members of the family Didelphidae, has 50 teeth, and the last premolar is the only tooth that is replaced (that is, preceded by a milk tooth) in the adult.

The Virginia opossum, like all members of the family Didelphidae, has 50 teeth, and the last premolar is the only tooth that is replaced (that is, preceded by a milk tooth) in the adult.

Well there ya go.
I always thought that what we called a possum, is actually an oppossum.
And all the time I just thought an opossum was an Irish possum.
mick

It makes you think... LMAO

20240930_094918.jpg

Well there ya go.
I always thought that what we called a possum, is actually an oppossum.
And all the time I just thought an opossum was an Irish possum.
mick
Haha that would be O'Possum.

Curiously the opossum, is also a marsupial and the only marsupial species in the land of the free and home of the brave.

I don't know what it is but I don't seem to be able to win at all recently.
Choofing along quite comfortably the last week or so and then late last week felt as if I had been belted with a baseball bat.
Didn't see too much of the weekend or today for that matter.
Feels like the flu again, can't shake it off.

Choofing along quite comfortably the last week or so and then late last week felt as if I had been belted with a baseball bat.
Did you have a flu vax?

@SirRumpole I had Swine Flu some years ago.
Would have gladly died and this version of whatever it is, I reckon is on the same level.
Feel reasonable for an hour or so and then it hits, then back to bed, which is where I am heading off to now.

Yes but it only covers about 4-5 verities, everyone seems to be talking Influenza A that I know, which is hard to shake off.
Gen-U-Wine influenza A is a fecking awful thing and a hundred times worse that the beer bug.

If so, don't mess about trying to work, that'll make it so much worse. Rest up!!!

Due to this ongoing "flu" that I am suffering from, I missed the end of the Sept Comp as to who were the winners and loser.
To the 3 winners congratulations and to the Tail End Charlie, lucky you, you have missed out on the goodies that come with the cellar and the Certificate of do Better next time.

Just a bit of dribble.
gg I am pedaling furiously on the bike built for two. Slowly catching up !!!!!!

The business of not having to have he/she pronouns is driving me nuts.
The insistence that some people be referred to as using the pronoun they is stupid.
It is a plural word, always has been.
I find it so confusing when it is used trying to work out to which persons the word “they” refers to.
PIA.
Mick

The business of not having to have he/she pronouns is driving me nuts.
The insistence that some people be referred to as using the pronoun they is stupid.
It is a plural word, always has been.
I find it so confusing when it is used trying to work out to which persons the word “they” refers to.
PIA.
Mick
Could not agree more.

The fair and noble Goddess Empress of the Principality of Central Millendon, Mrs L - who it must be said is very detached from cultural politics beyond our well guarded and impenetrable territorial borders - became very confused a few weeks ago.

We were on a diplomatic and trade mission to Australia at their Guildford embassy (The Rose and Crown hotel :laugh; ) when we both received this message from that country's police:

"Police have welfare concerns for Lxxxx Mxxx in Guildford. They are described as Caucasian 22 years of age, thin build with bleached blonde hair. For more information and a photograph visit www.police.wa.gov.au/EA CAD 183745 refers. Call 131444 if you have information."

Nearly causing an international diplomatic incident, she declared the police have stuffed up, only naming one of the missing people. Who is/are the other missing individuals?

The placate the infuriated hordes, I was forced to call a press conference to explain that our fair kingdom is still living in medieval times with cultural values dating way back to 2018, when the world was not so enlightened and progressive and apologised for this egregious offense.

They seemed satisfied, so long as trade in Guinness continued unabated.

(BTW, this tale is only slightly embellished, as that is exactly what the Empress said :laugh: )