Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

If farming and agriculture were easy, they would all be doing it.
Mick
@mullokintyre Unfortunately Mick price takers not price setters. But when the conglomerates kill of farming production then the piper will be playing a different tune.
China has been a huge buyer over the years of Suffolk ewes and rams and milking heifers.
Time will tell if they will a major supplier of meat and milk.

Occasionally on X you get a bit of a timeline cleanse.... I caught a little bit of dust in my eyes as I was watching this one.

21036938.jpg

Interesting. It took me about 5 reads spot to the errors.

How did others go?
@SirRumpole In my early days as an apprentice at WAN part of that 5 years was spent in the Reading Room (not the dunny) proof reading the Daily News, Weekend News and The West Australian.
There were some weird and wonderful types that inhabited that area on the Ground Floor.

Been a busy weekend with the new roof installed onto the machinery shed. Has taken awhile to get everything organised and finding a roofer who actually wanted the job.
Still got one smallish section and the side wall to go.
He and his son are happy to do this on weekends as long as a brown paper bag is offered.
Happily, all the hay gear and seeder and a couple of tractors are now under full cover.

Last week I started with the word shape.
The actual word was shame I think, so I only need to get that fourth letter and I was home.
I went through share, shake, shale, shave, shade and missed out after six goes.
No such thing as justice.
Mick

Last week I started with the word shape.
The actual word was shame I think, so I only need to get that fourth letter and I was home.
I went through share, shake, shale, shave, shade and missed out after six goes.
No such thing as justice.
Mick
Been there, done that. The answer was shave and I did shape, shame, shade, shake, share. Bugger.

There should be a word for that time when you notice some funny coincidence and think maybe you got it wrong, but you didn't.

So I'm watching some exposé of the caught for steroid-using influencer Liver King - I learn his name is Brian Johnson. Then I remember that ant-aging guru I occasionally watch some interview from is named Bryan Johnson. Then I remember the name is forever associated in my mind with the lead singer of AC/DC, one Brian Johnson.

I mean I know it's a common name, but it still is a funny feeling when you trip over some such stuff without looking. Of course, Wikipedia tells me there's a bazillion other noteworthy Brian / Bryan Johnson gentlemen, but it feels very different when you come across the coincidence organically. The Wikipedia list did remind me of the Brian Johnson nerd character in The Breakfast Club film also.