Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Sitting here on the phone to Telstra regarding lack of land line functionality, again. 30 minutes so far. no pay day doing this.
You are really going to top level of masochism there FM..:eek:
Sitting on a phone to Telstra expecting , hoping, pleading for a response to a land line that has gone walkabout "yet a xxxxing again."

Your penance time on earth is rapidly being completed.;)

You are really going to top level of masochism there FM..:eek:
Sitting on a phone to Telstra expecting , hoping, pleading for a response to a land line that has gone walkabout "yet a xxxxing again."

Your penance time on earth is rapidly being completed.;)
So after an hour of waiting and trying to understand the Indian accent finally got "somewhere".
Sometime from today until the 10th of May it will be looked at, but perhaps not fixed.
Going to come to the property first. That is we will find a fault here so we can bill you mega bucks.
When I suggested that the fault would either be at the junction box or more likely the exchange no response.
Living in hope as usual.

So what do you think ?
Yep quite true.

1713781274550.png

Anyone seen The Bad Fairy ?

View attachment 175684

@basilio Looks like some of the grossly over weights that can be seen at the local food hall stuffing their faces with takeaway.

As we enter our third week in USA, I am still amazed at the morbid obesity of so many Americans.
And although Afro Americans are very well represented in this group, there appears to be a growing number of younger white women heading the same way.
Even my wife remarked on how many younger couples we came across where the female of the couple was carrying a lot more extra fried chicken than their male counterparts.
If I was a criminal in the USA, I would give myself a fair chance of outrunning the Police, as the various forces seem to be recruiting only overweight candidates.
Stayed in a cabin in Utah at about 8500 feet altitude, and woke up to falling snow.
Looks like about three inches so far.
That was not on the agenda.
Mick

As we enter our third week in USA, I am still amazed at the morbid obesity of so many Americans.
And although Afro Americans are very well represented in this group, there appears to be a growing number of younger white women heading the same way.
Even my wife remarked on how many younger couples we came across where the female of the couple was carrying a lot more extra fried chicken than their male counterparts.
If I was a criminal in the USA, I would give myself a fair chance of outrunning the Police, as the various forces seem to be recruiting only overweight candidates.
Stayed in a cabin in Utah at about 8500 feet altitude, and woke up to falling snow.
Mick
I believe they have corn syrup with everything which is almost pure sugar.

Goldin Finance 117, also known as China 117 Tower ( 中国117大厦), is an unfinished skyscraper in Tianjin, China. The tower was topped out in 2015 at a height of 597 m (1,957 ft). It has 128 storeys above ground, with 117 of them housing, hotel, and commercial space, which provides the source of the building’s name. Construction began in 2008 but was twice halted. As of April 2024, it remains unfinished and unoccupied.
Screenshot_20240428-205503_Chrome.jpg

on the pleasantly plump side

It's uncanny how there's a certain very fine line between that and just simply an aesthetic abomination. It's almost as though a certain mental state allows the movement from one to the other. A cerebral person just doesn't get VERY fat - I'm going with the idea of there being (basically) no fat big time chess players. One for Mr Dona:

"Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous."
--Caesar from "Julius Caesar" (Act I, Scene II).

Today we pt 13 young bulls into the Muchea weekly trade sale which is held every Monday.
If as expected the prices will be poor, then there should be some very cheap baby beef available in the thieving supermarkets next week.
The poor season, 9 dry dams and a dwindling feed supply finally forced my hand in letting them go 3 months early.
Carting water to the Red Hill farm twice a day is a tedious exercise.

Today we pt 13 young bulls into the Muchea weekly trade sale which is held every Monday.
If as expected the prices will be poor, then there should be some very cheap baby beef available in the thieving supermarkets next week.
The poor season, 9 dry dams and a dwindling feed supply finally forced my hand in letting them go 3 months early.
Carting water to the Red Hill farm twice a day is a tedious exercise.
If farming and agriculture were easy, they would all be doing it.
Mick

Mick
Yeah not a good look :cautious:

The increase in obesity across the US has been startling and scary. And at home I see so many people way, way over "pleasantly plump".

1714283989622.png