Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Seems fair LoL

20240530_174509.jpg

Political leaders, usually of the authoritarian bent, whose bodies have been embalmed and are on display include:
Lenin
Mao Tse Tung
Ho Chi Minh
2 Kims from North Korea
Augustinho Neto, of Angola.

Other communist leaders that were on display include Georgi Dmitrov of Bulgaria, Marshal Choibalsan of Mongolia and Czechoslovakia's Gottwald.

Stalin joined Lenin in the Red Square mausoleum but Khrushchev ordered it removed.

The embalming of Hugo Chávez was botched, and he was buried.

Political leaders, usually of the authoritarian bent, whose bodies have been embalmed and are on display include:
Lenin
Mao Tse Tung
Ho Chi Minh
2 Kims from North Korea
Augustinho Neto, of Angola.

Other communist leaders that were on display include Georgi Dmitrov of Bulgaria, Marshal Choibalsan of Mongolia and Czechoslovakia's Gottwald.

Stalin joined Lenin in the Red Square mausoleum but Khrushchev ordered it removed.

The embalming of Hugo Chávez was botched, and he was buried.
There is a lady three doors from us who has had so many facelifts, liposuctions, skin treatments and face peels she is a walking embalment,
Not pretty.
Mick

One of the many things In I have observed during my time here in the USA, is the behaviour with and treatment of pets.
I have never understood pets.
We have had working dogs on the farm, but apart from one of the boys bringing home a baby goat from a hunting trip, there have been no pets.
So I have been amazed to see people bringging in cats, dogs, and other critters into motels, shopping malls, and even restaurants.
It was highlighted by wife having a small heartache at breakfast this morning when a dog licked her ankle when refilling her coffee cup.
The owners of said dog thought it cute, my wife did not!
mick

Absolutely, when we go there shopping I see guys pawing over the special buys table, I quietly say "there must be something here we need". :roflmao:

I noticed they had battery operated electric chainsaws for $149, I'm keeping my eye on that for a drop in price, to add to the collection of other battery operated crap ( I mean green and clean equipment) I don't use but am training the grandson up in . 🤣

Absolutely, when we go there shopping I see guys pawing over the special buys table, I quietly say "there must be something here we need". :roflmao:

I noticed they had battery operated electric chainsaws for $149, I'm keeping my eye on that for a drop in price, to add to the collection of other battery operated crap ( I mean green and clean equipment) I don't use but am training the grandson up in . 🤣
I find that the tools that I need these days are only quality.
Over the junk tables these days.
Stihl, Husqvarna, both petrol and Milwaukee various battery-operated tools.

I find that the tools that I need these days are only quality.
Over the junk tables these days.
Stihl, Husqvarna, both petrol and Milwaukee various battery-operated tools.
Ya know, in general I agree, but I've paid up for prestige name brands and had them still S*** themselves. I've burnt out several top name 240v grinders and finally bought an Ozito cheapie, that thing has outlasted all of them.

I've got an Echo chainsaw after always having Stihl. While not a cheapie, that thing is a cracker, better than Stihl imo.

I've just gotten to the stage of thinking twice before going for top brands, many are not as top as they used to be.

Ya know, in general I agree, but I've paid up for prestige name brands and had them still S*** themselves. I've burnt out several top name 240v grinders and finally bought an Ozito cheapie, that thing has outlasted all of them.

I've got an Echo chainsaw after always having Stihl. While not a cheapie, that thing is a cracker, better than Stihl imo.

I've just gotten to the stage of thinking twice before going for top brands, many are not as top as they used to be.

Same factory different box in many cases.

I needed a folding camping shovel, $19.95 at a few places, $4.95 at Aldi, I actually went back to check and Yep, same shovel