Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Well, ****.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend.

IMG20240413110111.jpg

Pet peeve for today: people who distinctly say "em" frequently, which is their weird dialect way of saying "um" to indicate they haven't stopped talking but haven't worked what their next real words will be. They say it in really slow, audible way as if to proudly highlight their slow mental processing.

Pet peeve for today: people who distinctly say "em" frequently, which is their weird dialect way of saying "um" to indicate they haven't stopped talking but haven't worked what their next real words will be. They say it in really slow, audible way as if to proudly highlight their slow mental processing.
"em" I 'll have to thank about this !!!!

Had a visit from the lurgy sometime in the last 18 hours. Not feeling too flash , heading back to the Slumber King for a stint.

WHY DO PLANES AVOID TIBET?
main-qimg-c7127b8c6ab996e6e758d45bba534415.png

Very few planes fly over Tibet.
In fact, if you look at flight radar applications, you will see that even though there are many planes flying around the world, there are times when there are no planes flying over the Tibet region.
Covering an area of 1.2 million square kilometers, more than 3 million inhabitants and many areas difficult to access except by air, the Tibet region has only 8 airports or airfields, all above 3500 meters of altitude AMSL and all to the south.
And here is the real problem... flying over Tibet. The average elevation of the region is close to 5000 metres, reaching peaks above 8000 metres, including Everest.
HEIGHT AND REGULAR FLIGHTS
The vast majority of passenger planes can and usually do fly above the average height of Tibet without any problems. Even more. So it's not a technical problem.
It's more of an emergency safety issue.
The cabins of modern passenger airplanes are pressurized. When a malfunction or decompression occurs, the oxygen masks are first activated to allow passengers to breathe. However, the capacity of the oxygen system is sufficient for 15-20 minutes.
Therefore, when a cabin pressure system failure occurs, pilots must fly the aircraft to an altitude of 3000 meters or less yes or yes. Additionally, when one of the engines in twin-engine aircraft fails, the plane must descend to a certain altitude in order to fly safely.
In most of the Tibetan region, the altitude far exceeds the minimum emergency/safety height. There is no environment in Tibet where planes can safely descend in an emergency to compensate for pressure problems or engine failure. And let's no longer talk about a forced landing on the slopes of the highest peaks on the planet.
Therefore, planes that do not specifically fly to one of these eight Tibetan airports, which are obviously there, simply avoid flying over Tibet for safety reasons in case of a technical emergency and prefer to go on a tour.

Hmm if so definitely need to see a quack IMHO.
After being on the sack for the best part of the day and half the evening, I am now feeling a lot better. Just about to have a bit of supper and then back to bed and hoping that the wog has lost interest in my sad, sorry and sore body.

After being on the sack for the best part of the day and half the evening, I am now feeling a lot better. Just about to have a bit of supper and then back to bed and hoping that the wog has lost interest in my sad, sorry and sore body.
Sounds like you need to back off on the fencing contracts, burning the candle at both ends, is a young blokes game.

Don't forget you're looking after your place as well, most people go home to house in the suburbs after work and put their feet up.
ASF can't afford to lose an active poster. Lol

Sounds like you need to back off on the fencing contracts, burning the candle at both ends, is a young blokes game.

Don't forget you're looking after your place as well, most people go home to house in the suburbs after work and put their feet up.
ASF can't afford to lose an active poster. Lol
Tis the bug that got me not the work.
Had 18 hours on the sack yesterday and feeling a lot better.
No aches and pains or headaches so far today.
We both have had the same symptoms, so I have blamed it on Her.

Last edited: