Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Today went to the Mandra (Mandurah) Crab Fest it was busy.

I had a realization... I don't get out that much these days.

It was totally a cultural experience for me, after I moved through the Maori Tribal Homelands I was wondering if I had then entered a freak show or something the crowd was totally out there all shapes and sizes in matching ink wearing totally inappropriate clothing.

Didn't see SP there.
Don't worry there are freakshow everywhere, this is how this video exists

Today went to the Mandra (Mandurah) Crab Fest it was busy.

Didn't see SP there.
Went down to the foreshore yesterday morning, in Perth today, fixing stuff and the wife is doing the kids washing, great. 🤣

It was busy enough early yeasterday morning, so it must have been bedlam today. 🥳

Still it was good to see a great turnout.

On a side note @IFocus , I took the oldest grandson to UWA today for the open day, he wants to do an apprenticeship but is very smart and interested in physics therfore wanted to have a look at the dept, so on the way I was talking about apprenticeships and how they have changed.
He brought up an interesting point, according to him you now have to have ATAR maths to do an electrical apprenticeship, he said it is because of the problem the apprentices are having grasping it.
I wasn't aware and hadn't heard, but he is doing a pre appreticeship course currently, so interesting times in the trades maybe.

Last edited:
DF Now that is completely irrelevant and useless.
if you want, I can contact my source and provide winners for the following competitions (happy to help; it's not all about WA)

AGRICULTURAL COMPETITIONS​

General Information for the collection of exhibits and prizes:​

• Exhibits can be collected after 4 pm.
  • Prizes, certificates and prize money can be collected from the Show Office after the event.
  • The committee cannot accept any responsibility for exhibits or prize money not collected by 5.00 pm on show day.

Wool​

• All fleeces must be grown by the exhibitor.
  • All entries must be skirted ewe or wether fleeces.
  • All fleeces must be in wool packs – no plastic bags accepted.
  • Fleeces must be from commercially run flocks and must not be shedded or rugged.
  • Fleeces must be delivered to the Wool Pavilion on the show grounds no later than midday on Friday 15th March.
Sashes for Grand Champion Fleece and Most Commercially Valuable Fleece and 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for each class.
Grand Champion Fleece – WB Downie Memorial. Prize donated by the Downie Family.
Prize money: 1st: $100.00, 2nd: $50.00, 3rd: $25.00

Categories​

• Less than 18 Microns
  • 18 to 20 Microns
  • 20 to 23 Microns
  • 23 Microns and above

Fodder and Pasture​

• Pastures are judged during 2nd week of March 2024.
  • Results will be displayed in the Wool Pavilion on show day.
  • The minimum pasture size is 2ha, sown prior to autumn 2023 and within 50km of Bream Creek.
  • To enable a fairer assessment of entries, entrants need to provide basic information for each entry giving the basic sowing, fertiliser and grazing history.
Prize money: 1st: $100.00, 2nd: $50.00, 3rd: $25.00

Categories​

• Irrigated pasture
  • Non – irrigated Pasture
  • Lucerne Crop
  • Best Fodder Crop

GUESSING COMPETITIONS​

Guess The Weight of the Heaviest Pumpkin​

• Located near the Forestry Hut
  • Entries close at 1pm
  • Competition entry $2.00 or 3 for $5.00 per guess (in kilograms).

Guess The Weight of the Bull​

• Located near the Forestry Hut.
  • Entries close at 1pm
  • Competition entry $2.00 or 3 for $5.00 per guess (in kilograms)

Guess The Weight of the Rooster​

• Entries close at 1pm
  • Competition entry $2.00 or 3 for $5.00 per guess (in grams)

Guess The Weight of the Pony​

• Entries close at 1pm
  • Competition entry $2.00 or 3 for $5.00 per guess (in kilograms)

On a side note @IFocus , I took the oldest grandson to UWA today for the open day, he wants to do an apprenticeship but is very smart and interested in physics therfore wanted to have a look at the dept, so on the way I was talking about apprenticeships and how they have changed.
He brought up an interesting point, according to him you now have to have ATAR maths to do an electrical apprenticeship, he said it is because of the problem the apprentices are having grasping it.
I wasn't aware and hadn't heard, but he is doing a pre appreticeship course currently, so interesting times in the trades maybe.

Interesting there was some maths in electrical 2nd and 3rd years plus a bit higher maths for instrumentation don't remember it being overly hard maybe we were both genius's :roflmao:

Interesting there was some maths in electrical 2nd and 3rd years plus a bit higher maths for instrumentation don't remember it being overly hard maybe we were both genius's :roflmao:
You try asking a year 10 kid what a vector diagram is, better still ask them what 8 X 7 is, you will be amazed. 🤣
Instrumentation now is a 3 week course for an electrician, when we were kids Instrument fitters were on a higher rate than electricians, times change. :xyxthumbs
I thought I was making a mistake when I changed my apprenticeship from scientific instrument maker and repairer, to electrical fitter when I started 3rd year, because there wasn't a course at TAFE for instruments.
Best thing I ever did.
By the way I think your observation that we were probably geniuses, was right on the money, well I'm going with it. Don't listen to the guy that can't even put a space where it is required.:roflmao:

How the times have changed over the past 50 years since I started my apprenticeship.
These days the trade I was trained in Printing Compositor and Linotype Operator no longer exist as I knew it.
Now it is either sticking a piece of paper on another piece, or using a screen to get the finished product.
I also wonder how many can actually read a 12 hour clock. I know that my grand daughters struggle when they come to our place, as thay only understand digital.

A famous Viking explorer returned home from a voyage and found his name missing from the town register.

His wife insisted on complaining to the local civic official, who apologized profusely, saying:
“I must have taken Leif off my census.”

Don't worry there are freakshow everywhere, this is how this video exists

Great find PP.
The world at large came across Pump up the Jam when it was regularly spliced into a UK mockumentary "Cunk on Earth" .
After the show went to air Internet searches for Pump up the Jam skyrocketed:D

Great find PP.
The world at large came across Pump up the Jam when it was regularly spliced into a UK mockumentary "Cunk on Earth" .
After the show went to air Internet searches for Pump up the Jam skyrocketed:D

Its great to know this as we all love Monday mornings - -> the start of a new work week