Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

Reactions
Good evening,
Well then getting really close to the business end of the NRL 2022 season.
Just sitting back watching what should be a great game of footy tonight (26/08/22) - Roosters v The Storm.

Kind regards
rcw

Good evening,
Well then getting really close to the business end of the NRL 2022 season.
Just sitting back watching what should be a great game of footy tonight (26/08/22) - Roosters v The Storm.

Kind regards
rcw
Didn't disappoint it was .... Roosters winning 18 points to 14. Looking forward to the Rabbits v Cowboys game tonight. Go you good thing NQ... Bookies got the Rabbits as favourites head to head paying $1.54. Cowboys won't have Dearden tonight which might be a problem for the Cowboys to overcome in this one.

Good evening
Had a few quiet beers on the punt today, so just sitting back in front the TV ready to watch what should be a classic hard fought battle - Rabbitohs v Cowboys. Bookies have Rabbitohs at $1.65 up from $1.54 earlier in the day, as Damien Cook is out. Cowboys at $2.25 head to head. rcw1 is on. Should be a brutal battle up front. Cannot wait for kick off.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
Yes was a good game of rugby league.

Poor Hessy off the line quick to put a shot on and make a difference. 10 minutes in the bin last 7 or so minutes of the game, for his trouble. Changed the momentum. Will be in some trouble wrong time of year at Match Review. Then Feldt gets pinched for a professional foul last 2 1/2 minutes of the game. Down to 11 men the Cowboys. Rabbits cross the line and score a converted try dying moments of the game.

Truth be told Rabbits better side over the 80 minutes winning 20 points to 10.

Kind regards
rcw

Nothing says poetry to me more than rugby league...
Preston Campbell driven from cronulla by 'super coach' anderson so as to install kemorly at half.... Campbell taken up by penrith goes on in the following season to play every minute of every game and carries the J J Giltinam and the premiership .... whilst anderson and the sharks were only one off the bottom of the ladder but close enough to taste the the wood of the spoon in their porridge....
Ahh the satisfaction...

ohh the brain damage oh the suffering .... But oh the profits from gambling....

Just for the record RCW; I was in two junior grade winning premiership teams, one undefeated, back in the day with one of Steve Kneen's brothers. My Old man played with Gasnier in the presidents cup winning team 1956 or 57 he played both years...
I know this game and I know some of the consiquences. I know what it was and know what it's become.
Boring.

kind regards...

One thing that has to happen very shortly will be compulsory head gear, many won't like it but given the intensity of contact today, it has to happen within 5 years IMO

Now that it has been established that damage is accumulated multiple lawsuits are a certainty in the near future

Radley was out like a light, it must damage the brain when that happens.

One thing that has to happen very shortly will be compulsory head gear, many won't like it but given the intensity of contact today, it has to happen within 5 years IMO

Now that it has been established that damage is accumulated multiple lawsuits are a certainty in the near future

Good evening macca,

HIA huge issue. Poor Stevie Mortimer is another player from the 80's with some medical problems resulting from head knocks. Lawsuits imminent and proceeding. Radley's hit was sickening. The way the lad plays, no fear and to the detriment of his own health, is of concern.

Not sure of the answer, tough game, much fitter players these days... HIA concept better for player wellbeing, arguably much to late.
Am aware of compulsory head gear for certain junior age groups across some community leagues. Not sure they would roll out into the professional arena, but good point though.

Kind regards
rcw1

Nothing says poetry to me more than rugby league...
Preston Campbell driven from cronulla by 'super coach' anderson so as to install kemorly at half.... Campbell taken up by penrith goes on in the following season to play every minute of every game and carries the J J Giltinam and the premiership .... whilst anderson and the sharks were only one off the bottom of the ladder but close enough to taste the the wood of the spoon in their porridge....
Ahh the satisfaction...

ohh the brain damage oh the suffering .... But oh the profits from gambling....

Just for the record RCW; I was in two junior grade winning premiership teams, one undefeated, back in the day with one of Steve Kneen's brothers. My Old man played with Gasnier in the presidents cup winning team 1956 or 57 he played both years...
I know this game and I know some of the consiquences. I know what it was and know what it's become.
Boring.

kind regards...
Good evening orr,
Played the great game all my life and some... Has changed considerably over each decade, no doubt about that. rcw1 is a rugby league lover, that will never change. Although the Super League saga annoyed me so.
Each to our own.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good afternoon​

The Broncos not having things their way on the scoreboard, wrong time of the year for that to happen. Big Kevie ain’t to happy …
ha ha ha

Kind regards
rcw1

NRL 2022: Broncos greats slam players upset over Kevin Walters spray​

The furore over Kevin Walter’s spray to his underperforming Broncos has reignited the debate about how a coach should manage modern footballers.

craddock_robert.png
Robert Craddock

August 29, 2022 - 10:06AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Kevin Walters is trapped between old and new worlds following his volcanic dressing room spray to the Broncos last Thursday.
Broncos greats Gorden Tallis and Steve Renouf are aghast at news reported on Triple M that two players spoke to Broncos coach Walters and felt he was out of order.

Walters urged his players to “show some heart’’ and called them “soft’’ following a 53-6 defeat by Parramatta. Tallis said the players “could not have made it in my era.’’

The furore has reignited the debate over how a coach should manage a modern generation of player raised in a less abrasive era than bygone generations.

Wayne Bennett said several years ago that he has had to change with the times and if he spoke to some players as directly as he did in the 1980s then he would have the players manager on the phone to the chief executive the next day.

But former English captain James Graham said the players deserved what they got.

“You’ve got to face the music. You’ve got to face the truth and Kevvie is within his rights to give the team a spray,” Graham told Triple M.

A minimum of two weeks on the spin, they’ve been embarrassing and they’ve let the team down. They’ve let the town down and you know, they should be playing finals.

“That (calling them soft) is designed to get a response and the response shouldn’t be I’m going to go and whinge about it. The response should be I’m going to stand up next week.”

The NFL have compulsory helmets, the NRL needs compulsory headgear.

Legends Steve Menzies and Johnathan Thurston wore headgear their whole careers. What is the downside to wearing head protection? As a minimum, headgear softens the blow of head knocks. It really is a "no brainer", excuse the pun.

... What is the downside to wearing head protection? ...
Good evening Macquack,

Unfortunately, headgear does nothing to stop concussions. Helpful to stop head cuts and cauliflower ears but that’s about it ...
A custom fitted Mouth guard may provide minor help absorbing a hit to head.

ttps://sma.org.au/resources-advice/rugby-league/ (Wear right protective equipment)

Kind regards
rcw1

Good morning
The tragic death of Paul Green is a wake up call for one and all. Mental Health issues affect all. This is a timely reminder to ask your loved ones' , friends and family, "are you okay'? Don't leave anything to chance.

The rugby league world continues to morn.

RIP Greeny

Kind regards
rcw1

Another Queensland Rugby League stalwart and champion half back passes on.
Hooking great Noel Kelly once said of Muir: “He’s a real Queenslander, Garbo. To him, New South Welshmen will always be cockroaches, city slickers and big-timers.’’

RIP Barry Muir.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening,
NRL Finals Series kick off tonight (09/09/22):

Panthers v Eels 7.50pm tonight @ Bluebet Stadium Penrith
Storm v Raiders 5.40pm 10/09/22 @ AAMI Park Melbourne
Sharks v Cowboys 7.50pm 10/09/22 @ Pointsbet Stadium Sydney
Roosters v Rabbitohs 4.05pm 11/09/22 @ Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Go the Cowboys.

kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
Well well well, what an absolute bottler of a rugby league game between beloved Cowboys v Sharks game tonight. Had everything.
Golden point 3rd 5minute period, a win by the North Queensland Cowboys 32 points to 30 with a 45 m field goal in the 93rd minute!!!

Well done. Outstanding game of footy regardless of who won. Cowboys into the Preliminary Final for an opportunity to play in the big dance.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
The Eels have edged a step closer to ending their 36-year premiership drought by qualifying for the club’s first preliminary final in 13 years after inflicting a record defeat on the Raiders 40-4 to set up a date with the Cowboys in Townsville Friday night, 7.50pm kickoff. rcw1 will be there, readily identifiable as the only good looking rooster in the bleachers ha ha ha ha.

It will be hot and humid in Townsville next week. This will be of benefit to the Cowboys. Also the Eels haven’t won in Townsville since 2017, and they’ll be desperate for revenge after North Queensland eliminated them in both 2005 and 2017.

Cannot wait, be a cracker of a game.

Tickets become available on Monday. First in best dressed.

Be there or be square.

Kind regards
rcw1