Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Please feel free to make suggestions!

Is it possible to consider designing an ASF car sticker, or a design, printable from the ASF website? With the ASF website address.

Is it possible to consider designing an ASF car sticker, or a design, printable from the ASF website? With the ASF website address.

Hi noirua,

We have a site redesign happening soon. I hope to get some ASF products made up (bumper stickers, t-shirts etc) once that new design is finalised and implemented. :)

would it be possible to have this feature:
sometimes i found a particular thread very useful and would like to save all the follow-up posts; but it's just too time-consuming and inefficient to copy and paste everything into a text editor and then save. possible to do one click and put everything into a single file for us to download?

Thanks
hissho

would it be possible to have this feature:
sometimes i found a particular thread very useful and would like to save all the follow-up posts; but it's just too time-consuming and inefficient to copy and paste everything into a text editor and then save. possible to do one click and put everything into a single file for us to download?

Thanks
hissho

Unfortunately, that is not an option this forum software supports.

The best you can do is bookmark particular threads for future reference. That way it is always easy to find them again.

Joe,

Is it possible to make the thread printable version show all messages on a single page instead of 40 at most?

If that could be done, then a single print to PDF operation would save the whole thread in a PDF file.

Cheers,
GP

How about putting a "people viewing this thread" next the thread title

I notice that shares.com.au does it and, although not really important, I reckon it would be pretty cool.

Cheers

I joined recently - this is a great forum - thanks!

I trade the ASX S&P 200 aka XAO etc a lot and I can't find a specific forum about ASX indices - looked on stocks and in derivatives just in case

I was looking for what others do in establishing trading system for indices eg where do you find volume (esp intraday) for XAO etc; how do various systems stack up for indices rather than straight stocks

..maybe I've just not found it yet??

Cheers

I joined recently - this is a great forum - thanks!

I trade the ASX S&P 200 aka XAO etc a lot and I can't find a specific forum about ASX indices - looked on stocks and in derivatives just in case

I was looking for what others do in establishing trading system for indices eg where do you find volume (esp intraday) for XAO etc; how do various systems stack up for indices rather than straight stocks

..maybe I've just not found it yet??

Cheers

Hi goatbeater, welcome to ASF. We have a few threads devoted to the indicies, though they don't have their own forum. Most of them are in the derivatives section. Here are a few links for you to have a look at -

Trading the SPI(aussie index futures contract)-

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4876

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4875

And here are a couple that discuss trading index cfd's -

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8848

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6719

And here is the general thread discussing the XAO and where people think it's headed -

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4888

Hope this helps:)

Joe.. Is it possible to enable .zip attachments to be posted... an annoying job relabelling them as .txt to allow posting and then having to change them back to .zip at the tother end...

Thanks
...........Kauri

Joe.. Is it possible to enable .zip attachments to be posted... an annoying job relabelling them as .txt to allow posting and then having to change them back to .zip at the tother end...

Thanks
...........Kauri

Hi Kauri,

I wish I could, but as you know, anything can be hidden in a .zip file (including .exe files) and its a big risk to take to allow them to be attached to posts. I would prefer you to email them to me and tell me the post you would like me to attach it to. This way I can see what people are attaching. Of course, most people here are trustworthy but unfortunately spammers and idiots sometimes find their way here and, if they were able to attach .zip files to their posts, could potentially cause problems.

Hope you understand. :)

Hi Kauri,

I wish I could, but as you know, anything can be hidden in a .zip file (including .exe files) and its a big risk to take to allow them to be attached to posts. I would prefer you to email them to me and tell me the post you would like me to attach it to. This way I can see what people are attaching. Of course, most people here are trustworthy but unfortunately spammers and idiots sometimes find their way here and, if they were able to attach .zip files to their posts, could potentially cause problems.

Hope you understand. :)

Hi Joe,,
Thanks for the explanation... I see the problem.... I hope you consider me trustworthy ;) as the attachments I have been putting up in Kauri Trading thread are MetaTrader4 MT4 ex4 files zipped and then the zip appendage removed and replaced with txt to get around it.. :eek: ooops... the good Doctor has downloaded them so I guess..mmm .. hatchet mod he calls hisself.. :D
Cheers
..........Kauri

Awesome makeover Joe. Soft, smooth, fast, and well managed. I feel great to be a member.

I got a question. Before the update when i opened a thread i read the most recent post on the top, now it appears on the bottom. Is there a way for me to put it on the top again? I much preferred that.

Great work man, be proud.

Tukker

Awesome makeover Joe. Soft, smooth, fast, and well managed. I feel great to be a member.

I got a question. Before the update when i opened a thread i read the most recent post on the top, now it appears on the bottom. Is there a way for me to put it on the top again? I much preferred that.

Great work man, be proud.

Tukker

Thanks for the kind words Tukker! :)

To change the order of posts in threads go to the Edit Options section of your UserCP and scroll down to where it says 'Thread Display Options'. You will see a subsection called 'Thread Display Mode'. Change the drop down box to read 'Linear - Newest First' and then scroll down to the bottom and click 'Save Changes'.

...then you're done!

G'Day Joe,

The update to the site looks sensational BTW, however I do have one suggestion that I think would make it a little easier to use. Actually it has nothing to do with the upgrade as I struggled with the old format too..

It's the little icon that you have to click on to go to the last post of a thread, in the case of the upgraded format the little green arrow.. Any chance of making it a little bit bigger for those of us with less than perfect aim/motor skills.. :)

Cheers

It's the little icon that you have to click on to go to the last post of a thread, in the case of the upgraded format the little green arrow.. Any chance of making it a little bit bigger for those of us with less than perfect aim/motor skills.. :)

Will see what I can do Buster. :)

How did I know blue would remain the predominant colour?
;)

PS:

I think it is more difficult to read than the previous format.

I am not too sure why. Could be fonts, colour, clutter or a combination?

hey joe, nice work on the revamp. is it possible to have picture attachments show up as full size in threads instead of thumbnailed?

hey joe, nice work on the revamp. is it possible to have picture attachments show up as full size in threads instead of thumbnailed?

Hi disarray,

Thanks for the support! :)

I made the decision to change from full size images to thumbnails for couple of reasons that I detailed in this post.

I know it will take a little getting used to but like all things, after a few weeks, people will have adapted and I think the advantages of using thumbnails far outweigh the negatives.