Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

John McCain

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/us-president.htm

obama 10/11 (better than evens) = $1.91
mccain 69/50 = $2.38
hillary 11/2 = $6.50

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=273777&highlight=betting#post273777

For interest ..

21 Mar (bit over three weeks ago):-
Barack Obama 11-10 = $2.10
John McCain 44-27 = $2.63
Hillary Clinton 19-5 = $4.80

10 Mar (about 5 weeks ago) :-
Barack Obama 10-10 (= evens) = $2.00
John McCain 42-24 (= 7-4) = $2.75
Hillary Clinton 18-4 (= 9-2) = $5.50

Summary - Barack and McCain tightening in last 3 weeks, Hillary's odds lengthening;)

Centrebet still has Obama - $1.80
McCain - $2.85
Clinton - $5.50
Looks increasingly like a McCain/Obama showdown. The risk for Obama, I think, is that disaffected Clinton voters might jump ship entirely. Anyone seen any odds for a Obama/Clinton joint ticket or possibly a Clinton/Lewinski joint ticket?

Anyone seen any odds for a Obama/Clinton joint ticket or possibly a Clinton/Lewinski joint ticket?
I think there's more chance of a McCain /Clinton ticket m8 ;)
or as you say lol , a Hillary /Lewinski joint ticket. :rolleyes:

PS Centrebet about 8.5% bookies margin as well :eek:

better to put your money on an Anzac Day twoup school than to bet with these greedy bugas

PS I was wrong when the said the bookies were 4.5% margin before - because there were more runners then . -
doh

No real change in those odds.. (on this betting website anyways) .. :2twocents

obama 10/11 = $1.91
mccain 69/50 = $2.38
hillary 4/1 = $5.00

For interest ..

14 Apr :-
obama 10/11 = $1.91
mccain 69/50 = $2.38
hillary 11/2 = $6.50

21 Mar :-
Barack Obama 11-10 = $2.10
John McCain 44-27 = $2.63
Hillary Clinton 19-5 = $4.80

10 Mar :-
Barack Obama 10-10 (= evens) = $2.00
John McCain 42-24 (= 7-4) = $2.75
Hillary Clinton 18-4 (= 9-2) = $5.50

A worthy candidate, a good person, he'll be a great president.

gg, at this stage, I'd agree only to "a presidential candidate person" )

No real change in those odds.. (on this betting website anyways) .. :2twocents

obama 10/11 = $1.91
mccain 69/50 = $2.38
hillary 4/1 = $5.00

gg, at this stage, I'd agree only to "a presidential candidate person" )

I'll take a bet and make one at the same time.

$10 that JMc wins 23.80 to me

I'll give you $3.45 which is the average of the 2 nitwits for the Dems, that will give you 34.45 plus my ten which is 44.45

If Maccer wins I get 23.80 plus $10 which you lost which is 33.80, plus a bonus of 10.75 for backing a more honest upstanding bastard (maccer) than the other 2 democrats, who are now battle hardened, unlike my feller.

I think.

I'm not good at working out odds / probabilities / kurtosis, mandelbrottian etc etc boring

How about I buy you a drink if the dems get in and you buy me one when maccer gets in.

gg

that's a 6 pack of Jim Beams by the way ;)

Sorry mate I didn't see your last , ok a 6 pack Beams, or a guinness. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win. The other 2 turkies are so dipped in each others droppings that JMac will steam through.

gg

I just thought I'd remind all posters that honest John is going to be the next president of the USA.

All these posts about Obama, shocking, you are being force fed a media myth.

Just to put John back in first place in Home thread.

gg

well gg,
try explining those 2 youtubes on post #9
First impression would have to be he has something to hide or otherwise explain about his POW record, and release of POW records in general. :2twocents

well gg,
try explining those 2 youtubes on post #9
First impression would have to be he has something to hide or otherwise explain about his POW record, and release of POW records in general. :2twocents

Cannot utube, on a slow download Telstra!!!

I do believe his POW record though has been dissected out in fine detail. He was a POW to my knowledge when Hanoi Jane was sitting on a Commie tank, I wonder whether she supports John or Obama today. I hope wayneL isn't mod as this is a some type of sinful argument in philosophy/logic. Hi 2020.

gg

Cannot utube, on a slow download Telstra!!!

I do believe his POW record though has been dissected out in fine detail. He was a POW to my knowledge when Hanoi Jane was sitting on a Commie tank, I wonder whether she supports John or Obama today. I hope wayneL isn't mod as this is a some type of sinful argument in philosophy/logic. Hi 2020.

gg

Eh? WTF are you talking about?

No More STRAIGHT TALK From McCain Says Olbermann on MSNBC
a few notes ...
McCain’s gimmick on the gas tax
McCain admits that the US sent troops to Iraq for oil
“it’s more that he’s fuzzy about whether he wants to ADMIT that we went there for oil”

Bush did have convictions / beliefs - and that’s what got us into the mess.
McCain doesn’t have beliefs - changes his mind at the drop of a hat.
this moral vacillation is actually refreshing. :eek:

negative McCain tactics - get ready for it

Let's be fair. This is the true story of the courageous Senator John McCain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsckD9trn4

he sure manages to get that POW record into any conversation needing an escape clause. eg the Keating Five case - post #4 , though I notice that website article is no longer available :eek: -

PS I'm guessing we can expect a lot of attempts at "sanitised" youtubes and articles in the next 7 or 8 months.

McCain: I learned from Keating Five case

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. John McCain's ethics entanglement with a wealthy banker ultimately convicted of swindling investors was such a disturbing, formative experience in his political career that he compares the scandal in some ways to the five years he was tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

"I faced in Vietnam, at times, very real threats to life and limb," McCain told The Associated Press. "But while my sense of honor was tested in prison, it was not questioned. During the Keating inquiry, it was, and I regretted that very much."

Incidentally (according to one betting shop out there)
Latest odds has Obama shortening, both the others going out.
obama 10/12 = $1.88
mccain 13/8 = $2.63
hillary 10/1 = $11.00

Previously (4May08) :-
obama 10/11 = $1.91 (now 1.88)
mccain 69/50 = $2.38 (now 2.63)
hillary 4/1 = $5.00 (now 11.00)

Incidentally (according to one betting shop out there)
Latest odds has Obama shortening, both the others going out.
obama 10/12 = $1.88
mccain 13/8 = $2.63
hillary 10/1 = $11.00
Those odds are infact a bit tighter than I thought with the Democrats getting so much campaign publicity. Interesting to see if they change a bit next week when Hillary wins on the 13th. McCain looks in a very good position here with the events in the war zones likely to flare up - getting out of Iraq could be difficult.