Votes: 35 6.0%
  • God's existance is equally probable and improbable

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • I dont think the existance of god is probable

Votes: 112 19.1%
  • I know there is no GOD we are a random quirk of nature

Votes: 167 28.5%

• Total voters
I think the closer truth is Man created GOD/S in his own imagination!
We've got a pretty bloody good imagination too when you look at what we were worshipping 5000 years ago! :)

And, maybe moreso now.

I think more gods makes more sence!!

Although, indigenous people worshipping rocks and trees has me a little bamboozelled.

Perhaps it's just what the gods represent that matters!! hmmmmm

If God was a superhero...

Attachments

• godman.human.gif
    godman.human.gif
    126.1 KB · Views: 757
ROFLMAO . ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT hahahahahahahh thankyou very much thats just put a shizzle in me dizzle onya ........

If there is a god, it does not use words.

In the beginning we knew little.Some people need hope and faith in their lives and the books provide it.It gives people purpose in their lives.Something to hold onto.Something to defend.Safety in numbers.An occupation.

Nature, seen and unseen, is the reality we need to understand and be harmonious with.

:) Seek and ye shall find for the truth is out there... :D

Don't know who said it, do you look for it with your eyes open or close them and search within?

If what your looking for "wants" to be found, then you will find it somewhere.

How much you want to find it depends on how and where you look...???

I think it was "Moses" fault when he broke the 10 commandment tablets:banghead:

In the beginning we knew little.Some people need hope and faith in their lives and the books provide it.It gives people purpose in their lives.Something to hold onto.Something to defend.Safety in numbers.An occupation.

Nature, seen and unseen, is the reality we need to understand and be harmonious with.

All gods fail to alter the psyche of humans.Indigenous people all over the planet did not know of a Christian god and it is only in the last couple of hundred years that a Christian god philosophy has been introduced to many of them.

Their lives remained unchanged for thousands of years.Therefore it is an idea and an idea only.

... Some people need hope and faith in their lives and the books provide it.It gives people purpose in their lives.Something to hold onto.Something to defend. ...
well we all need a crutch from time to time wys. :2twocents

Can the believers out there please give me an idea of what their heaven would be like for me.
Here is my profile-
Born at 8.00am died few minutes after delivery.
not christend. Only child, parents went to hell.
How will I spend eternity

The only reason people today (or the past) believe in god or jesus is because they are told about it from birth. Just like Santa Claus, the Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy its all fantasy except people keep believing in god, Jesus, Alah, Buddah etc because others do.

If somehow you were never told about a god or jesus ever (from birth) would you believe in one....from experience? Even if you did experience something phenomenal would you believe in a god from just somehow knowing or seeing? or is it because you were told that there is a god which created a belief and gives you the only answer and explanation beyond something we will never be able to truely classify, name or understand.

Does a schizophrenic phychopath killer who believes that killing people is the right thing to do, does he/she go to a so called Hell with the devil? even if in his/her world and mind he/she has done nothing wrong? does a so called seperate higher god judge him/her accordingly and punish?

I think we will never know where it all started but all we can do is believe in what we see and experience for ourselves from evidence here and now and not from just stories from the past.

David Attenborough talks about God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Y-5CR-_hw

Human Evolution (Sir David Attenborough)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_KdWpaA3s&feature=related

LM.

ps. Also check out 'What the Bleep do we know' on DVD.

Genesis 6:11 says ...

Gen 6:11 ¶ The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
What has changed nowadays?Much time has passed and they are waiting for a natural catastrophe (as a sign) or the destruction of the planet through sick mind.
Gen 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Again it is mind.You don`t create a universe and stuff up with one life form.
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
What a terrible thought.
Gen 6:15 And this [is the fashion] which thou shalt make it [of]: The length of the ark [shall be] three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; [with] lower, second, and third [stories] shalt thou make it.

Now that is reeaallly stretching imagination.Both god saying something like that and the impracticality of an event.

no.

Can it be proven that God does exist?

no.
I agree white crane, and I reject any inference that there is equal probability of yes or no.

i.e. Argument could go like this
Can we prove that multiple gods exist - no
Can we prove that multiple gods don't exist - no
equal probability ?

PS Of course it would have made more sense if that poll came out as follows ;) :-

Attachments

• poll1.jpg
    poll1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 32
Does it matter whether you believe in God or not? You end up dead anyway.
Some live short lives, only one day, another maybe 122 years. If you think that you go to heaven because you lived 1 day and not if you did wrong things in 122 years, are you not a fool??????????????