Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

3475375356735673567.jpg

It's only about a tenth of the cost of actually producing the chocolate so your mars bars et al won't be going stratospheric without some other reason.

Herein lies the issue re: why they won't (can't politically) raise rates. Add private debt on top of it and it's financial armageddon. Think great depression style contraction.

So we ride the inflation horse instead.
4356473756567.jpg3245634753473456743567.jpg

Can't crank rates when you have debt to service without some pretty serious pain on the fiscal side, but can't pummel inflation without cranking rates.

So which do you do?

This is the rock vs hard place scenario that people like myself have been saying was coming since the GFC.

What concerned her more was the attitude of the private hospital's billing department when she alerted it to the extra money it had pocketed from the billing errors.

"They said to me, 'why are you concerned? It's not coming out of your pocket, your health fund is paying'," she said.

Anecdotally at least this seems to be rife with all forms of insurance and ultimately we're all paying. Bearing in mind that insurance premiums (health, car, house) are among the things often mentioned by the media as significantly increasing in price. :2twocents

oh the irony of NWS publishing a piece about the CFMEU

i was forced to join the CFMEU by NWS where they allowed a 'closed shop ' to be created and for several years helpfully deducted union fees from the wages ( until the piece-work got too complicated for the new pay-master )

and more adventures followed after my section moved location

oh the irony of NWS publishing a piece about the CFMEU

i was forced to join the CFMEU by NWS where they allowed a 'closed shop ' to be created and for several years helpfully deducted union fees from the wages ( until the piece-work got too complicated for the new pay-master )

and more adventures followed after my section moved location
No surprise to hear if you were also forced into one and only one Super fund ? by an EBA guided by the Union that likely had backdoor nondisclosure agreements with said super fund . Such corrupt and underhanded organizations that lived on the edge of illegal and potentially criminal behaviour . I have experienced similar threatening standover type behaviours as a contractor working in these types of " shops " Luckily i was a big robust intimidating bloke myself and stood these %#%^&ers down . And i never once paid a union fee and when they went out on strike i went and continued working getting paid handsomely . And i was willing to bleed and or draw blood and they knew it .

If USA inflation continues, can Australia get to low inflation?
I feel there is a real downturn now and we should get much lower inflation but if USA retains high inflation then can we succeed?

I feel there is a real downturn now and we should get much lower inflation but if USA retains high inflation then can we succeed?
that will depend on if we continue to aggravate China and Asia ,

there are several growth/developing economies in Asia , and that growth could help resist wider trends ( just like Chinese growth helped us resist the worst of the GFC )

Energy is the key, if poo goes up, inflation will go up regardless of RBA interest rates..worse case scenario, RBA crashes the economy..and we still have inflation.....

Energy is the key, if poo goes up, inflation will go up regardless of RBA interest rates.
Not just oil but also LNG is a key benchmark given Australian domestic market prices are now effectively tied to it at least partially.

Price has come down significantly from the 2021 - 23 runup but it remains to be seen what happens next. Chart source = ACCC

1714902120768.png

Not just oil but also LNG is a key benchmark given Australian domestic market prices are now effectively tied to it at least partially.

Price has come down significantly from the 2021 - 23 runup but it remains to be seen what happens next. Chart source = ACCC

View attachment 176307
We import inflation when we buy products made overseas, so energy prices worldwide affect us.