Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

Which is even more reason to fudge it.

Imagine if we started negotiating based on house price increases...
would be scary enough if the based on local rent prices

but it would be more realistic to the staff ( who have to live relatively close to the workplace )
Nah it's easy, you just make it harder for businesses to keep employees by increasing costs.
Beggars can't be choosers.

yes they can .

Rapper Ice-T wrote an interesting like book

the key take-away was ... 'crime is an equal-opportunity employer '

especially now various state police are overwhelmed by the laws they are expected to enforce

They'll probably thieve your stuff while you're at work doing their job.
As a rural contractor most of the year these days, you would be surprised what gets pinched if left near the road.
I learnt long ago not to leave my ute with any gear on the back too close the road, even though it would be parked in the paddock.
Had all sorts of stuff knocked off over the years, crow bars shovels and even a spinning jennie.

As a rural contractor most of the year these days, you would be surprised what gets pinched if left near the road.
I learnt long ago not to leave my ute with any gear on the back too close the road, even though it would be parked in the paddock.
Had all sorts of stuff knocked off over the years, crow bars shovels and even a spinning jennie.
I've got an old Hilux with an alloy toolbox on the back, and luckily I don't need to permanently carry anything in it but when I go to shopping centers I leave the lids unlocked otherwise they pry the lids open and damage the toolbox to see what's inside. A few times I've come back to the car only to find the lids wide open. Been tempted to throw an eastern brown in there a few times :D .

I've got an old Hilux with an alloy toolbox on the back, and luckily I don't need to permanently carry anything in it but when I go to shopping centers I leave the lids unlocked otherwise they pry the lids open and damage the toolbox to see what's inside. A few times I've come back to the car only to find the lids wide open. Been tempted to throw an eastern brown in there a few times :D .
Funny you should mention snakes.
Many years ago I had an 1840 Internation 8 tonner.
It had a big tray behind the seating area.
I had a rubber snake I kept there in full view.
The Acco went in for a major service and I forgot the dugite.
When I got the bill there was an extra half an hour of trying to get the snake out of the cab.
It did look pretty real, and I had a good laugh about it.
The apprentice who had the task of getting it out wasn't too amused though.

Maybe mame a spring loaded contraption that ejects wet dog $hit if someone lifts the lid, knowing my luck it would be the missus that lifted the lid.

would be scary enough if the based on local rent prices

but it would be more realistic to the staff ( who have to live relatively close to the workplace )

yes they can .

Rapper Ice-T wrote an interesting like book

the key take-away was ... 'crime is an equal-opportunity employer '

especially now various state police are overwhelmed by the laws they are expected to enforce
People that grow up believing the system isn’t fair are more like to try and cheat the system.

Just received the car insurance renewal.

It's the same car. No claims. No diving offences. Same garaging address.

Up 8.67% year on year.

I'm posting that as a data point not a complaint as such. :2twocents
Very reasonable, as discussed in that thread, with very same cars, no claim, fine and same garaging, minewent up nearly 50%. And was asked the same amount for 2 vehicles now than 3 last year.
So we changed providers
9% increase is actually more or less real inflation so reasonable imho

A little inflation update in my business

Pre-manufactured horseshoes up 60%
Hand tool replacement up average 50%
Consumables up average 40%
Steel bar stock up 30% (and only because I get a good deal from a client)
Aluminium bar stock up 90%
Polyurethanes, lab putty and cyanoacrylates up minimum 40%

Plus all those things+++ mentioned above, fuel, insurances and whatnot.

My price increase 12%

Thank @#$& I haven't got a mortgage or other repayments.

@wayneL Similar for us also Wayne. I work on a 10% steel price rise every 2 months.
Pine posts is just a plain guessing game. It all depends on what the vineyards require and the crumbs are what is left.
Good God, pine posts!!!! I'm going to keep a defibrillator handy next time I enquire about those.

Holy @#$&ing &$#@!!!!

Good God, pine posts!!!! I'm going to keep a defibrillator handy next time I enquire about those.

Holy @#$&ing &$#@!!!!
The bloody neddies just love chewing on the tops of the posts and rails.
Electric fence on top stops it, but guess what, the owners would rather pay for more repair work than fix the problem.
The electric shock might upset the love of their life.

The bloody neddies just love chewing on the tops of the posts and rails.
Electric fence on top stops it, but guess what, the owners would rather pay for more repair work than fix the problem.
The electric shock might upset the love of their life.
Not on the Ponderosa mate. Our place just about glows in the dark :devilish: