Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

has the US still enough friends left to deflate the oil price at will , in the coming year
From IEA data, the only significant spare oil production capacity exists in:

Saudi Arabia = 3.19 million barrels per day

UAE = 0.96 mmbpd

Iraq = 0.48 mmbpd

Kuwait = 0.28 mmbpd

Nigeria = 0.23 mmbpd

Anything outside that group is individually and collectively minor.:2twocents

From IEA data, the only significant spare oil production capacity exists in:

Saudi Arabia = 3.19 million barrels per day

UAE = 0.96 mmbpd

Iraq = 0.48 mmbpd

Kuwait = 0.28 mmbpd

Nigeria = 0.23 mmbpd

Anything outside that group is individually and collectively minor.:2twocents
Hence why saudi decisions are so significant

Getting off point: if the USA stop supporting Ukraine then that will prove to many countries that they are an unreliable ally which will greatly benefit China (and Russia) to get many BRICS members including Pacific nations.

Getting off point: if the USA stop supporting Ukraine then that will prove to many countries that they are an unreliable ally which will greatly benefit China (and Russia) to get many BRICS members including Pacific nations.
and ...., that may be proven to be outdated, with what's going down in Israel right now

Last edited:
Sorry I thought we were talking about inflation and the affect of oil and impact the Saudis had on it, my mistake, I think.

The RBA has issued a stark warning about the number of Australians at risk of financial despair in the months ahead, with a spike in homeowners falling behind on mortgage repayments.

Skyrocketing interest rates and the cost-of-living crisis have decimated household budgets over the past 18 months, seeing many forced to deplete their savings to get by.

An estimated six million Australians have a mortgage on their homes. If three quarters are on a variable rate, and five per cent have expenses exceeding their income, that equates to a staggering 225,000 people.

Sorry I thought we were talking about inflation and the affect of oil and impact the Saudis had on it, my mistake, I think.
like carbon dioxide all interconnected are very important to some

very cheap energy takes the sting out of inflation ( some of the compounding factor )

instability in the Middle East while not completely catastrophic seriously impacts oil/gas distribution

although if Russia builds pipelines to India and China ( and their refineries) that might solve the shipping lanes issue ( South America has the potential to be self-sufficient in fossil fuels )

the Saudis are important while they have a stable regime , for example Iran and Iraq could probably fill the gap if working together ( and their plant modernized ) and you have a currently dysfunctional Libya which might become sovereign again

HOWEVER there is an agenda to banish the use of fossil fuels , and withered nuclear power market the only real hope of replacing fossil fuels ( in the near/mid term )

this is a totally orchestrated and planned disaster

Saudis are important while they have a stable regime , for example Iran and Iraq could probably fill the gap if working together
They probably could but it's a bit like saying Brisbane and Adelaide could between them absorb the population of Sydney.

They could but if they did it within 20 years most would consider that pretty impressive.

Any replacement for Saudi oil won't happen quickly. :2twocents

They probably could but it's a bit like saying Brisbane and Adelaide could between them absorb the population of Sydney.

They could but if they did it within 20 years most would consider that pretty impressive
extremely impressive i lived mostly in the 'greater Brisbane area until late April

took them over 100 years to build a rail line between Petrie and Redcliffe

Redcliffe Peninsula rail line opened​

The Redcliffe Peninsula Line is a 12.6 km dual-track passenger rail line between Petrie and Kippa-Ring, including 6 rail stations at Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Mango Hill East, Rothwell and Kippa-Ring.
“The new rail line will deliver more than 650 train services a week between Kippa-Ring and Brisbane, with trains running every six to 12 minutes in morning and afternoon peaks, and every 30 minutes in off-peak periods and during weekends,” Turnbull said.

over 100 years in the making , not enough trains , not enough drivers , not enough passengers etc etc

we couldn't even organize a tent city for half of Sydney in 20 years