Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

*DJ Australia's RBA Cash Rate Target Unchanged at 4.10%
03 Oct 2023 14:30:23
1 Viewdiscuss_orange.gif 0 comments
(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
October 02, 2023 23:30 ET (03:30 GMT)

i guess any move will be triggered by the wording , then

The fall in the AUD will start to import more inflation soon.
Whether it be fuel, solar panels, crap that people get at the 2$ shop, electronic appliances, planes, trains and automobiles, all will rise due to exchange rate killers.
The alternative of course s to use another currency to trade with China, or other Aisan countries.
Just can't see that happening.
Thing is, several years' worth of consumption of goods was made during the pandemic. Now it's services/experiences and the oil price.

As I said in a previous post, the inflection point, trailing the oil price rise, is probably about now.

245246534563456.jpg

"For the first time in 20 years the yield on bonds is higher than the yield on equities".

BINGO. Last night sold off hard and today's kept going. 30 year is up and getting ever closer to 5%, meanwhile the 2 year actually dropped.

Things are returning to normal ;)

And in the theme of the previous post re: canada mirroring australia, have a listen to this:

it is in the ( alternate ) media , i read

but will the natural reaction only come when the situation becomes undeniably obvious to the masses ( so far they seem to be ignoring the 'tent cities ' in most cases )
Yes, big article in the Age from a local writer yesterday. Big concerns on a hard landing due to this

no not me

but good on you mainstream , even more reasons to just switch media ( to the alternate media world )

The abruptness with which US bond yields have moved and the dollar has strengthened would be putting a lot of pressure on speculative trades and usually highly leveraged arbitrage activity and cross-border trades (“carry trades”) in particular, given the rate and degree to which other currencies have been impacted.

yes if only the US was self-sufficient it would only have to worry about it's trading partners' financial health

one might wonder if a new school of economics will evolve out of this , since MMT has shown how political temptation turns MMT into a nightmare spiral

i wonder if some have managed to deleverage successfully