Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

I've started to notice a few more property listings in Sydney with prices now stagnant.

Not sure if RBA is going to tolerate the AUD being beaten this low, particularly when crude has risen.
I doubt that the RBA will be able to do much about it.
if the rest of the wold thinks we are going down the gurgler because China is slowing down, no ampount of RBA interest rate rejigging will help.
Mick

I've started to notice a few more property listings in Sydney with prices now stagnant.

Not sure if RBA is going to tolerate the AUD being beaten this low, particularly when crude has risen.
prices will be very dependent on the ability to get finance , there aren't many buyers with 100% cash unless they are corporate types and even many of them leverage .

the demand will still be there but the finance will become more difficult

This was advertised back at the start of the year for 2.75:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-tas-sandy+bay-142854884

So as you can see, 20% or some $550k has been taken off the asking price.

You could probably wait another few weeks and lowball him for 2m even and he'd take it.

Musing:

If the AUD falls off a cliff then that actually makes australian real estate cheaper for foreign buyers. So yeah. There's that.

This was advertised back at the start of the year for 2.75:
For those not aware, Sandy Bay is traditionally "the" wealthy suburb of Hobart.

Not the only suburb with expensive housing, but it's definitely the one that pretty much everyone immediately associates with rich people. Much like Toorak in Melbourne or Double Bay in Sydney, it's the suburb best known for that even though not everyone living there or every house actually falls into that category.

Most houses there are far more traditionally styled and conservative however. That wouldn't be the only modern design, but it's an old suburb as such. :2twocents

For those not aware, Sandy Bay is traditionally "the" wealthy suburb of Hobart.

Not the only suburb with expensive housing, but it's definitely the one that pretty much everyone immediately associates with rich people. Much like Toorak in Melbourne or Double Bay in Sydney, it's the suburb best known for that even though not everyone living there or every house actually falls into that category.

Most houses there are far more traditionally styled and conservative however. That wouldn't be the only modern design, but it's an old suburb as such. :2twocents
Oh yeah the place is new money for sure (even if the suburb mostly isn't). But actually for the most part looks to have been done pretty well, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for most new money places.

If you want to view the true new money mcmansion monstrosities of hobart then the suburb to look through is "tranmere".

So are you parked in USD yet? ;)
absolutely not , apart from a few coins in my coin collection

am going for commodities , long-life consumables ( like rice etc. ) and other things that do not rely on power to function , hand tools , books and becoming more self-sufficient

my 'paper assets ' are mainly stocks ( which may or may not survive )

2345234562436245.jpg

Considering that FNGU is entirely U.S tech and china tech, and tech is a growth play, and china is going to hell in a handbasket while interest rates are also soaring, it makes sense that this is getting pummeled the hardest.

If growth plays and china are going to get pummeled then the only thing that's going to get smashed worse is a chinese growth play and this has all three in spades.

FNGD to bet against it ;)