Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

I don’t know about that, I think a lot of the younger generation is pretty savvy, they are the generation making ends meet through side hustles, and trading up jobs etc. the hustle culture is real in them, I think they do know the value of the dollar, at least as much as the previous generations.

Of course there is spend thrifts in all generations.
I guess it is spend thrifts that are the stand outs, they will be the one crying poor and it's not my fault.

It shouldn't be happening. Inflation should mean less money left over for rent, not more.

It's almost as if there's something else driving it.
rising costs ( for the landlords/investors and agents ) would be my guess everything from new mandated safety gadgets , fees charges , insurance , utility costs , and interest rates if the rental is under mortgage .. not many landlords rent at a loss for long

rising costs ( for the landlords/investors and agents ) would be my guess everything from new mandated safety gadgets , fees charges , insurance , utility costs , and interest rates if the rental is under mortgage .. not many landlords rent at a loss for long
Had my share and fill of tenants knowing how to cry poor and can't make ends meet. But there was never a shortage of cancer sticks and booze.

Not so sure about surplus coin being in short supply. Spending from what I have seen is not slowing.
well i notice MY priorities differs for many others , there is arguably some coin still circulating but where does it head first ( and where is last on the list )

well i notice MY priorities differs for many others , there is arguably some coin still circulating but where does it head first ( and where is last on the list )
Well Mr divs She and Me both suffer from a solid up-bringing of if you can't afford it, it can't be bought. Exception house/farm and vehicles, these are a must in our line of business.

always had my rent and power bills a little in front ( a blessing when your paymaster makes some stuff-ups )

but then i am wired different to most
Eons ago when I was working in Perth on wages, even back then when on a very good weekly take home pay, we had bods who didn't know how to make ends meet.
If a fridge or washing machine was needed we always could just go out and buy a new one.
She has always been excellent at budgeting, and still is.

I lew of an appropriate thread
Well, they say you're only as old as the woman you feel. (..... I've been married 38 years :p )
i choose to be immature ( except about money )

so look unattractively poor , i remember one babe ( studying grade 10 maths as an adult ) was appalled at my base rate of $12 an hour

( forgot the part about 18 to 20 hours a day [ normally ] 7 days a week )

sometimes i dodge the biggest bullets

so look unattractively poor , i remember one babe ( studying grade 10 maths as an adult ) was appalled at my base rate of $12 an hour

True story....

I often meet my missus midweek for a date. I'm in threadbare work clothes, smelling of hoof smoke, hair one step away from being in dreadlocks.

Missus is in best clothes and wearing a $70,000 ring (inherited and safest place for it).

The looks we get are priceless. :laugh:

Bludger we work 25 hours a day and 8 days week.

Not so sure about surplus coin being in short supply. Spending from what I have seen is not slowing.
Wage increases not even as high as inflation, interest rates pumped to increase mortgage costs... both reduce the money in the system.

Unless the spending is being driven by credit or foreign money coming in.

I thinking Degen is the only game in town, except maybe PMs under the bed.

Otherwise, getting sandpapered to death.