Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

A work colleague just sold his V8 Ford Mustang through a dealer who picked it up on a truck.
He reckons he might have got 4 or 5k more but couldn't be bothered dealing with the tyre kickers.

BTW He has bought a Tesla.
Don't blame him Tyre kickers a right pain in the seat.
I'm a great believer that moolah in the hand now is far better than trying for that bit extra which might not happen for some time.

Sounds like all this low balling is holding the market up.?
well when some doom-sayers are worrying about bank runs , getting a fair deal while you can has it's logic

i was forward buying carefully up until the last fortnight ( thinking long-life commodities will rise long term )

and sure if you have the skills to keep the car/camper/boat/bike going for another 20 years ( which means you should avoid fancy electronics )

well when some doom-sayers are worrying about bank runs , getting a fair deal while you can has it's logic

i was forward buying carefully up until the last fortnight ( thinking long-life commodities will rise long term )

and sure if you have the skills to keep the car/camper/boat/bike going for another 20 years ( which means you should avoid fancy electronics )
Sadly my skills are more related to the bloke in the mirror who has gone absolutely mute of late.

As I said at the Beginning of this thread

Only "Inflation cures Inflation"

Think about it!

Salute and Gods' Speed

View attachment 154232
All our Gov's need to do is Pick up the pieces
i believe the quote was high prices are the cure for high prices , but that only works in free-market economies

not many true free-market economies left in the West

Yeah but, but it's my money so I don't have to give a reason.
you do now , the government assumes you are a criminal , right from the start

oh oh , and read the bank fine print most banks treat you as an unsecured creditor

dig around on Martin North's Walk the World ( on alternate media ) he has several videos on Aussie banks

As I said at the Beginning of this thread

Only "Inflation cures Inflation"

Think about it!

Salute and Gods' Speed

View attachment 154232
All our Gov's need to do is Pick up the pieces
Very true, you let inflation run, the economy/ country collapses and like a phoenix the gov of the day creates a "new" currency to restart a cycle. ALWAYS since Babylon and Roman time.you just do not want to live thru these reset time..but this is not your..our choice is it?
In the meantime most lose it all.