Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Gold Price - Where is it heading?

Any idea if gold close to bottoming yet ? Could it drop below AUD$2,800 ? as I'm bottom fishing around here? lol

No idea of AUD POG. Depends on USD and it's influences which seem to be blowing in the wind. I'm playing the long game with physical. Still expect the geostrategic economic environment to be mid-long term supportive. Plus, that giant C&H is still in play. Once we break USD2070 ish, it's running hard, IMO.

GLD is still holding in the support zone 181.73 - 179.29 and is getting close to the edge of the pitchfork channel, I think this sideways movement will break soon. The 100day SMA is still providing support but I wouldn't be surprised if it broke under this SMA to take out some shorts before moving higher.
1686832379062.png

The greenback has weakened and our dollar stronger...if we can hold up, there's hope for gold in the short term for trading.......only my opinion. You know opinions are like armpits as someone said in another defunct forum.

POG movements are dart picks atm.

If the Russians throwing knuckler about in to Belarus doesn't shift the price up, it is back to the Central Banks, Mafia and Instos to either buy or sell, to make a trend.

What a kerfuffle is POG. I've never seen the like in close to 50 years holding Gold.

gg

Not sure where it's going, gg. Our dollar was close to 69 cents at one stage on Friday night but unable to hold, slid back to where it was.....static. Exchange was good this weekend....maybe Western Union was being generous today. If our dollar goes up, so should gold, so let's keep watch.

Fifty years holding gold, gg....I should be more respectful and call you Uncle?

Been watching our dollar slip away ever so slowly down .6840. The miners are holding up well (I'm out) Wondering why....rcw, are you about? What do you see? US not trading tonight, so won't have direction. Tela? Anyone out there?

Been watching our dollar slip away ever so slowly down .6840. The miners are holding up well (I'm out) Wondering why....rcw, are you about? What do you see? US not trading tonight, so won't have direction. Tela? Anyone out there?
Hey @eskys just checked in & read your post - thanks for the heads up about US market closed tonight (as didn't know).. as to gold price movement ? who knows - am guessing perhaps a bit of sideways consolidation for a while here imo though gold can be volatile on a whim as we all know .. Cheers tela

Thank you guys, for answering my call.

Mick, I heard about nuke in Belarus, not sure about the US...well, if a nuke goes off, we all go down, so no win win. Will gold go up? If the market goes down, I guess everything goes down with it, I'd think.

Tela, it's Juneteenth in US tonight. I kept looking at the gold miners and was unable to determine where they're heading, so decided to take the money and pay for tonight's dinner for 12....Thanks for your response.

Noticed a lot of chat on twitter about large numbers of military activity in the US.
Is something about to go down?
As the Beatles used to sing , In times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me and the USD goes up against everything.

Mick
People have been posting lots of videos and screen shots of the movement of troops and equipment by road rail and air.
One user posted a train full of fairly obvious models of Russian nuclear launchers.
But there has been no word at all from the Biden admin, the Defence department or any one else.
They say its been going on for week.
Very strange that no one in the MM has made comment.
Something is deffinitely up.
Mick