Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

As I was dragging myself to the starting line to lodge an entry despite being clueless as to what will happen in this ominous year that approaches I read the rules and saw the controversial one stipulating a post per month on each of the picks. Are you insane?! I would only be posting garbage if I did that and I assert that would be below my normal standard (stfu Sean K). Also a lot more work for debtfree as he will have to chase up more delinquents each month. I didn't want to tarnish my record as a previous annual winner anyway. I say this without bitterness and kudos to debtfree and whathisname for their efforts and generosity.

As I was dragging myself to the starting line to lodge an entry despite being clueless as to what will happen in this ominous year that approaches I read the rules and saw the controversial one stipulating a post per month on each of the picks. Are you insane?! I would only be posting garbage if I did that and I assert that would be below my normal standard (stfu Sean K). Also a lot more work for debtfree as he will have to chase up more delinquents each month. I didn't want to tarnish my record as a previous annual winner anyway. I say this without bitterness and kudos to debtfree and whathisname for their efforts and generosity.

I withdraw the prise money and any requirement to post.

OK

SPZ Smart Parking - Park smartly or we will fine you:)
EXP Experience in life is important especially on holidays
TLX - PSMA Imaging guts
SPL - Starpharma -fallen angel, could get some good news. Risky.

(Also rans BFG, has risen a lot this month and will likely rise again by 50% so was very close to selecting, PNV will rise but probably not enough for me to win (famous last words!)).
No miners, the last one burned me.

I don't see it as a problem, then I am in to ASF nearly every day. Remember if 30 people enter that is 120 extra posts per month and will enable @Joe Blow to harvest more ad revenue and continue to provide a top class forum.

I don't think it is that onerous to monitor, I'd be happy to help @debtfree monitor the posts as I'd enjoy seeing the information members post on their picks. DM me if you need any assistance @debtfree. ( I'm also v. happy not to do this btw )

As to posting I'd be happy to post on any members behalf monthly for a $10 yearly fee which could be paid in to @Sean K 's stash to go towards prizes in the future should their erudition fail.

gg

lol re posts below your usual standard @finicky @Sean K

gg

I don't see it as a problem, then I am in to ASF nearly every day. Remember if 30 people enter that is 120 extra posts per month and will enable @Joe Blow to harvest more ad revenue and continue to provide a top class forum.

I don't think it is that onerous to monitor, I'd be happy to help @debtfree monitor the posts as I'd enjoy seeing the information members post on their picks. DM me if you need any assistance @debtfree. ( I'm also v. happy not to do this btw )

As to posting I'd be happy to post on any members behalf monthly for a $10 yearly fee which could be paid in to @Sean K 's stash to go towards prizes in the future should their erudition fail.

gg

gg
Maybe make it 3 of 4 companies that need to be posted per month, one company you can ignore, (especially if it goes t1ts up).
(lol, ASF turned the i into a 1)

My 2024 picks :

JDO
TYR
WDS
WTC

Three rebounding growth stocks and an oversold oiler.
Gee Makes double think my non-selection of JDO.
Like 2 of the other 3.... Hope you come second.

KCN - Still a fair way of the SSP
MSB - Gotta pick a bottomer. SSP still on the go. Should be a floor. If it is a bad year on the AXO then maybe medical will out perform.
PNV - Coming off the bottom medical. Strong improving sales Maybe some profit this year
WDS - Oversold? - Expected recovery of Energy prices.

Picked stocks I regularly post in. Hoping they are 12mth tough market performers not so much near term

As the year expands towards the EOY exciting build up, and the also rans come to the realisation that they have no hope of winning, the monthly posts will drop off anyway.
Only those in with a chance of glory (or Sean K's considerable money) will continue to post as they seek to pretend that it was anytghing but sheer dumb luck that they were close to the front.
Mick

gg

gg

After nearly 20 years running ASF there is only one thing I know for sure, and that is more posts means a growing community, and fewer posts means a dying community. I have seen it time and time again as forum after forum has bitten the dust. Sharescene, Sharesguru, Topstocks, shares.com.au; all were once thriving stock market forums and now all are gone. Some of you may remember them.

ASF is the last man standing aside from HC. To survive, and perhaps grow again, ASF needs more posts and not just any posts but quality content that visitors find educational and informative. In a world where long form content is slowly dying, perhaps there can still be some places online where it can be found, and perhaps ASF can be one of those places.

As the year expands towards the EOY exciting build up, and the also rans come to the realisation that they have no hope of winning, the monthly posts will drop off anyway.
Only those in with a chance of glory (or Sean K's considerable money) will continue to post as they seek to pretend that it was anytghing but sheer dumb luck that they were close to the front.
Mick
i use the tipping contests as a way to test out theories/strategies ,

sure it isn't the same as throwing hard-earned at the broker/trading platform , but i would rather a strategy blow up and ravage my online reputation than vaporize my nest egg

and hopefully other novices will try out their pet strategies ( waiting for drilling updates , or that quarterly report that finally signals a corporate recovery )

good luck everyone

gg

gg
Very well and sensibly said @Garpal Gumnut GG
For me it is sharing. By providing monthly updates should not be a big deal anyone to keep the forum and threads alive. It also generates more research collectively and avoiding getting some thread numb.
My 2 cents is , let me find positives on a team game before I put the cart before the horse.

Seeing two of my picks were disqualified, my fault as I was too lazy to read the rules.
I have read the rules now so will nominate GOR and PDN please.
I have posted something in all threads apart from LOT which I will try to complete later.
Good luck everyone.
@brerwallabi good call to act unlike my laziness to put the 2023 tip before deadline. It's a big lesson for me on the effect of procrastination.
@debtfree always recognised for that throughout 12 months 😀😃

meanwhile on the real ASX my main targets in December NIC , HPI and ILU

well NIC seems to be moving away from my target price so will possibly cancel that order on Tuesday or Wednesday , HPI i will decide on Wednesday ( if the market/stock ) starts to rally

and ILU can stay in but maybe reduced lower if the current trend towards weaker prices persist ( i know i am dreaming , but i dream of $6 ILU and me buying a few more )

QBE is my only reduce order , you never know maybe it can reach $16 in all this turmoil ( so am mostly likely to let it be )

the rest of the week i will be looking for opportunities , i would love to buy into HZN but it seems some big fish have it pinned in the current range

C’mon guys and ladies I counted only 20 entries.
I know we have till midnight tomorrow but that’s cutting it a bit fine to get entries in.
I enjoy this competition as it’s introduced some stocks that I have never heard of, investigations into some of those stocks that have been nominated have led to a purchase and a profit.
It’s fun too to follow and there are also the bragging rights.
Many years ago I moderated the share.com.au site which initially had a good following but sank through a declining amount of posting.
ASF is by far the best stock and markets forum on the net in Australia informative and entertaining, please everyone keep posting and entering competitions and keep this site growing.