Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

Thanks for doing the hard yards keeping this comp going debtfree and to Sean for stumping up the cash yet again.

I’ll stick with some I’m already holding for this year

WBT
CVN
KAU
BIS

I’ll try my best posting each month but only posted 12 times across all my social media sites last year so thinking it’s probably out of my reach.
Also spent 2 months travelling around Europe last year on a one way ticket with no return date so putting up an itinerary before leaving will probably not happen.
Wife’s calling for 3-4 months next year but we’ll see what pans out.
Good luck everyone and have a great new year.

Thank you Sean K for your generosity in sponsoring the comp. I am new in ASF had been wondering who was paying the money prize.
Thought it was Joe.
Evening Rabbito
Just occured to me that the comp you are referring to, that Sean K so generously stumps up with the cash, is the yearly one.
The one that we participate in is monthly.
I may be wrong, and usually am.

Click onto Forums Tab - Then under that, click onto Popular Content.

View attachment 167453

Now Click onto what field of Popular Content you want to view then click onto the Time Frame you want.
We now see how many Views we get, the Monthly Comps are always up or near the top nowadays. @Joe Blow's Monthly Entry Threads are up there as well. Most of the time those 6 threads dominate the Replies and the Views. There is certainly interest, isn't there.
** Even No:12 mate, Posts and Views prove it was a great idea to create some interest on ASF, so well done!

View attachment 167454
LOL Everyone wants a tip.

Thank you Sean K for your generosity in sponsoring the comp. I am new in ASF had been wondering who was paying the money prize.
Thought it was Joe.

I think debtfree initiated this particular comp and it was just for bragging rights, so not Joe’s doing. I just thought adding some coin would add more interest. Only a few days to go for entry!

Ok, This year I expect there to be a downturn due to recession, so I am going defensive.
WOW
ANZ
PDI
and lastly, a roughie.
BRN
Mick
Hi Mick,

Just in case you missed it the thread for WOW needs updating, all others are done thank you. Link below hopefully works.

Only 9 entries at the moment .......... Don't forget to get your entries in.

Entries so far below .....
If the ASX Codes are Yellow you have updated the thread BUT if Tan colored you need to update the ASX Code Thread to qualify.
If 0.10 > and > $100K are yellow all is good BUT if Tan colored you need to attend to this ASX Stock

If you have a 😍 on your entry post from me you have qualified for the Competition

Screenshot 2023-12-27 164518.jpg

Just in case ....... anyone not sure of the amount of Value Traded in the 5 trading days prior to entry you can check Market Index website. https://www.marketindex.com.au/

1 - In the Search Box insert your ASX Stock Code, such as KAU, click onto the right suggested company which will take you to the company info page.
2 - Scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page to Historical Data, there you will find the Close Price and also the last 5 days of Turnover (Value Traded) then you can add them up.

Evening Rabbito
Just occured to me that the comp you are referring to, that Sean K so generously stumps up with the cash, is the yearly one.
The one that we participate in is monthly.
I may be wrong, and usually am.
Oops, do you mean there are 2 comps going on... a monthly n a yearly? I have not been alert lately due to overseas family dramas trying to get all siblings in agreement to be in Q for a Nursing Home placement for 90yrs old mother.

Oops, do you mean there are 2 comps going on... a monthly n a yearly? I have not been alert lately due to overseas family dramas trying to get all siblings in agreement to be in Q for a Nursing Home placement for 90yrs old mother.
Spot on Rabbito. Home and family far more important than anything else.

yes the usual monthly one plus a yearly one

but please read the extra conditions on the yearly comp. it is a little bit more complicated this time @Sean K has added some prize money and there are some extra rules

good luck with your mum , i remember when my mum had to arrange that for her sister , decisions decisions decisions

The market makes it difficult @debtfree atm. to make a final decision. I had a small bunch collected in early December for this comp. but they have all become a bit expensive unless the market goes ballistic.

Is it correct to say that the number of entrants is open ended?

That will give me time to consider until the cut off time at midnight on Jan 1st.

Also, may I ask are PMGOLD and similar "stocks" accepted for the comp?

gg

The market makes it difficult @debtfree atm. to make a final decision. I had a small bunch collected in early December for this comp. but they have all become a bit expensive unless the market goes ballistic.

That will give me time to consider until the cut off time at midnight on Jan 1st.

gg
i ( mistakenly ) thought there was a 1000 members limit

but the rules don't mention that for this competition

i notice a uranium ETF has already been accepted , but it is always nice to get an official answer

good luck for 2024

gg
No restriction on number of entries @Garpal Gumnut

I can't see a problem with PMGOLD