Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

2024 CY Comp ....... Update of spreadsheet prices, positions and company posts that I have received alerts for so far. Thanks everyone for the company posts, much appreciated. :xyxthumbs

@UMike still leads with 61.81% :xyxthumbs but the gap is getting smaller. ;)

There has been some good movers so far this month:
@mullokintyre up 15.09% .... @Ferret up 9.71% .... @barney up 6.30% .... @Sean K up 5.26% .... @Dona Ferentes up 3.14% .... @Iggy_Pop up 2.10%

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Folks. :)

1724547291193.png

2024 CY Comp ....... Update of spreadsheet prices, positions and company posts that I have received alerts for so far. Thanks everyone for the company posts, much appreciated. :xyxthumbs

@mullokintyre up 15.09% .... @Ferret up 9.71% .... @barney up 6.30% .... @Sean K up 5.26% .... @Dona Ferentes up 3.14% .... @Iggy_Pop up 2.10%

View attachment 183116
@debtfree Oh wise and masterful one, I have posted my musings on my picks, FMG, WES, WBC and the lemon of the picks STX.

View attachment 183116
Given that AWC is no longer listed and has been replaced in the ASX200 by AAI, which acquired all stock in AWC, what's the rule here in the context of the competition?

Is my AWC pick now AAI? :confused:

A tricky one, @Smurf1976 , I'll leave it to the eminences grises to rule, as this has happened to a few stocks that have been tipped.

there is a rule ,
"If a stock is taken over it can be replaced. The exit price shall be taken to be the takeover price. The new stock must be nominated before the date the taken over stock ceases trading and the entry price of the new stock shall be taken to be the closing price on the day the taken over stock ceases trading"

A tricky one, @Smurf1976 , I'll leave it to the eminences grises to rule, as this has happened to a few stocks that have been tipped.

there is a rule ,
"If a stock is taken over it can be replaced. The exit price shall be taken to be the takeover price. The new stock must be nominated before the date the taken over stock ceases trading and the entry price of the new stock shall be taken to be the closing price on the day the taken over stock ceases trading"
Based on that rule, a smart(ish) player might wait a few days to see which stocks might have had a big leap in price and pick that one.
Just sayin...
Mick

Given that AWC is no longer listed and has been replaced in the ASX200 by AAI, which acquired all stock in AWC, what's the rule here in the context of the competition?

Is my AWC pick now AAI? :confused:

there is a rule ,
Good morning @Smurf1976

Yes AWC was taken over and last traded on the 23rd July and it's last price was $1.45.

As no stock was nominated on or before the last day of trading (takeover date of AWC) I assumed you didn't want a replacement stock and you didn't want to risk of losing any of the profits you had made on AWC 60%. So I marked the closing price down in the spreadsheet as $1.45.
This was not a Name change or ASX Code change, it was a takeover by a different Company. So I would say NO, sorry mate.

Like @Dona Ferentes stated above this has happened to a few stocks this year. In these situations I colour the last traded price cell grey so I'm aware.

I did have another tipster with a takeover situation and they did mention a replacement in a PM, well before the takeover.
I replied:
From my understanding of the rules that I took over:
1- In the Comp you would be in the stock until the it last traded and receive that closing price. I know we're on the same page there so no dramas.
2 - When you select a stock it must have traded $100K in total over the previous 5 days, at the time of selection.

So all you have to do is between now and then is take your time and make sure it's what you want to pick (say ***) then after that, just make sure it has traded the $100K over the previous 5 days.
When those conditions arrive inform everyone in the Comp's thread.
If it's 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month before, it doesn't matter before as long as it's before that cut off date.

I couldn't allow it because everyone was not notified in the thread before the cut off date, everything out in the open and not behind closed doors.

I tried to write this in a nice manner so I hope it is taken that way. :)

Good morning @Smurf1976

Yes AWC was taken over and last traded on the 23rd July and it's last price was $1.45.

As no stock was nominated on or before the last day of trading (takeover date of AWC) I assumed you didn't want a replacement stock and you didn't want to risk of losing any of the profits you had made on AWC 60%. So I marked the closing price down in the spreadsheet as $1.45.
This was not a Name change or ASX Code change, it was a takeover by a different Company. So I would say NO, sorry mate.

Like @Dona Ferentes stated above this has happened to a few stocks this year. In these situations I colour the last traded price cell grey so I'm aware.

I did have another tipster with a takeover situation and they did mention a replacement in a PM, well before the takeover.
I replied:
From my understanding of the rules that I took over:
1- In the Comp you would be in the stock until the it last traded and receive that closing price. I know we're on the same page there so no dramas.
2 - When you select a stock it must have traded $100K in total over the previous 5 days, at the time of selection.

So all you have to do is between now and then is take your time and make sure it's what you want to pick (say ***) then after that, just make sure it has traded the $100K over the previous 5 days.
When those conditions arrive inform everyone in the Comp's thread.
If it's 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month before, it doesn't matter before as long as it's before that cut off date.

I couldn't allow it because everyone was not notified in the thread before the cut off date, everything out in the open and not behind closed doors.

I tried to write this in a nice manner so I hope it is taken that way. :)
Mate, if you are the one doing all the work recording all the stocks prices and gains, checking that everyone has posted etc etc, you can make whatever rules you like.
Mick

End of August in the 2024 CY Comp ......... XAO was basically even for the month but there was some movement, up and down in some of the selected stocks.
Many thanks for the Company updates everyone, only a few to go which I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

At the moment:
1st - @UMike sitting at the top with 64.48%. MSB has been a cracker trade up 232.26%, no wonder he's at the top.
2nd - @Dona Ferentes is next with 38.90%. He's got all 4 greens and the only one (1 x 67% & 2 x 40%+) and DUG 14% has helped him this month.
3rd - @IvoryWolf keeps creeping up, now 33.54%. His SPR trade is on fire lately up 179.81% and is certainly keeping his average in the high mark.
4th - Had to mention @Ferret, just behing the top 3 with 25.53%. This is month has been goodish, up11.86% with good moves by JDO & WTC.
@basilio a positive month but still in last spot down -37.59%.

Monthly UP Movers: @Ferret up 11.86% ........ @mullokintyre up 6.93% ........ @Garpal Gumnut up 4.79% ........ @Dona Ferentes up 4.56% ......... @access up 4.31%
Monthly DOWN Movers: @houtman down -14.23% ....... @Als2own down -14.11% ........ @Smurf1976 down -8.18%.
Enjoy your weekend Folks. :)
1725062564034.png

i hope not

BIS has been very nice to me since i bought in ( in 2022 )

good luck
Has been good to me also. Those divies just keep rolling in. My uneducated guess is another special dividend is coming in a couple of months after going through their financials. We wait and see. Happy holder here 😁

Ah, OK, all good.

Rules are rules so no complaints there. :xyxthumbs