Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Ok, so i guess the chart for every single stock on the asx has said the same thing, that is amazing!!! The fundamentals for every stock on the ASX have said down down down, wow what a coincidence.

sorry champ but not all darl .. um MTS still within its long term trend , EXT still within its trens , numerous others if you look, and yes charts pointed out many falls that have happened as with fundamentals .

www.asx.com.au might help with research

good luck

Yea agreed nun, ORG is trading way up as a good example (although slowly down a $1 the last few days), if it was down-down-down for everyone then you think they would have at least reverted to their BG takeover offer.

like I have said before I personally dont think things will be anywhere near as bad as the market is factoring in. Having said that there are many unknowns and the graph shows that.

Until that changes Im out - but I think its fair to say, if there is any news to suggest even the slightest good may see the price jump.

personally hope they fly for some holders here that have done there research and calculated what they reckon is fair value fundamentally .

obviously wasnt fair value at 13/10/8/5/etc etc etc

oops i forgot maybe we can blame the short sellers again for any falls

Ok I stand corrected. But im guessing only on a small percentage of stocks.
If you look at the Dow preopen and the Euro markets you see that the Euro markets follow the preopen like lambs, its sad to watch, is it always like that or just a recent phenomenon. Dont you think also that if the Dow was still around 10 or 11 thousand Fmg would still be at 6 to 8 dollars... I do.

Ok I stand corrected. But im guessing only on a small percentage of stocks.
If you look at the Dow preopen and the Euro markets you see that the Euro markets follow the preopen like lambs, its sad to watch, is it always like that or just a recent phenomenon. Dont you think also that if the Dow was still around 10 or 11 thousand Fmg would still be at 6 to 8 dollars... I do.

well you only got too look at a history chart to see that really , i dont really understand your point re the dow and 11k and what was past for fmg . i think if the dow was still 11k and nothing happened um a lot of stocks would be a lot higher ...your point being ?

My point is that the only fundamental that means anything is that if the DOW is sick everything else is too, had a look at the stocks u mention and they collapsed in october like evrything else. Im just saying that in my opinion its going to be much worse than it is now simply because of the US economy and not because of the situations of individual stocks..

My point is that the only fundamental that means anything is that if the DOW is sick everything else is too, had a look at the stocks u mention and they collapsed in october like evrything else. Im just saying that in my opinion its going to be much worse than it is now simply because of the US economy and not because of the situations of individual stocks..

nope ...... theres still fundamentally overpriced INDIVIDUAL stocks out there hence some falling more than others and falling more than indicies % falls , bugga it , im wasting my time
have a niceday come up with whatever theorys tickle ya fancy

If u dont agree with me nun thats fine, its a forum. im just giving my two cents worth and its probably not worth that, dont you love the internet!!

If u dont agree with me nun thats fine, its a forum. im just giving my two cents worth and its probably not worth that, dont you love the internet!!

LOL yeah no worries :D the internet sure is a funny ole joint at times .......

have a great evening

Maybe ive been reading too much Bill Bonner from The Daily Reckoning, he dosent exactly fill me with hope for the financial future but he seems to make a lot of sense.

how do you value a company or tell if it is is oversold?

i am sitting on the sidelines at the moment but am very tempted to buy in if it hits $1 !

mind you, with the shorting, even if it does hit $1 prob go lower

how do you value a company or tell if it is is oversold?

i am sitting on the sidelines at the moment but am very tempted to buy in if it hits $1 !

mind you, with the shorting, even if it does hit $1 prob go lower

$1 that is expensive!! It may go under $1.20 today

If commodity prices keep following as predicted, this baby will hit a low low low level, very very low low one soon.

Most people are looking at the auto industry bailout in the US but China is in the same boat, their auto industry is in big big trouble and that means a huge impact for iron ore producer at the end of the food chain.

So, brace yourself as the coconut has futher to fall.

WBII

If commodity prices keep following as predicted, this baby will hit a low low low level, very very low low one soon.

Most people are looking at the auto industry bailout in the US but China is in the same boat, their auto industry is in big big trouble and that means a huge impact for iron ore producer at the end of the food chain.

WBII

so you think 50 cents is reasonable price for FMG - considering long-term outlook, e.g. 5 years when China picks up per say?

so you think 50 cents is reasonable price for FMG - considering long-term outlook, e.g. 5 years when China picks up per say?

Agro, what I am saying is that there is no reasonable price for FMG at the moment, I see $1 as a high price and I may believe that it could hit a much much lower lower price that those 50c you mentioned.

Do you really believe that China will pick up in 5 years? Do you really believe that FMG will be around that long?. Just 6 months ago I was hearing that the mining boom was just starting and was going to last for another 10 years, no the case any more, if the US falls the rest of the world falls and in particular China will be hit big time. In the meantime, mines will be closed by the dozens per month and people will lose their jobs in that industry in masses.

WBII

Agro, what I am saying is that there is no reasonable price for FMG at the moment, I see $1 as a high price and I may believe that it could hit a much much lower lower price that those 50c you mentioned.

Do you really believe that China will pick up in 5 years? Do you really believe that FMG will be around that long?. Just 6 months ago I was hearing that the mining boom was just starting and was going to last for another 10 years, no the case any more, if the US falls the rest of the world falls and in particular China will be hit big time. In the meantime, mines will be closed by the dozens per month and people will lose their jobs in that industry in masses.

WBII

well the chinese think so if they are looking to buy a stake

refer to recent posts of a company in china acquiring a 5% stake...

WBII

Did I mention $1.20 today? It started as low as $1.16, I believe it will go up intraday and at closing it will plump as the DOW did.

WBII

Don't bank on it
There is no reason why it wont fall further.
I do hope you're right though, but i'm not optimistic

well i still got it on target for $1..

hopefully the dow crashes bit further down

though it looks like it has reasonable support now :)