Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

you lost 30% and it's the 2nd best investment you have made? Did i read that correctly? lol

Buying FMG is much like :banghead:

I am down $20k on it so far....... whilst that is not disastrous, I'm not too impressed.

I actually thought that i could make maybe 20% on my money in around 1 month.... hahahahahahahaha..... idiot......

idiot-no not really-u just want to make money-(dont we all)

seeing u are down-20k-looks like money does not seem to be a problem-

have u bought at these $8.00 levels-or theirs no more captial left-

not telling u what to do with your money but it seems a good buying point to me and 8 compared to $9 vs $10 etc etc

just want to see how others are trading and want to see if that myth of having money for a rainy is valid here-

like i said i am not telling u to do anything--:)

Thanks

Nick--

FMG seems perfectly good to 'dollar cost average' (yes I know there are varied opinions and read the thread on it a while ago)

Even though I am s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d currently, I think FMG isn't the worst stock on the market and probably deserves doubling up on (my buy in was just above current price and ~5000units). :2twocents

Only problem is SUN Margin doesn't give any leverage, apparently Commsuc gives 40%.

you lost 30% and it's the 2nd best investment you have made? Did i read that correctly? lol

Buying FMG is much like :banghead:

I am down $20k on it so far....... whilst that is not disastrous, I'm not too impressed.

I actually thought that i could make maybe 20% on my money in around 1 month.... hahahahahahahaha..... idiot......

i didn't sell that buy, and it was before fmg's split. i'm just saying that my first entry into fmg was followed by a 30% drop, but is now worth considerably more than i paid for it. historically you could make 240% pa on fmg. my target price for fmg is around $30-$40 in 3-4 years, which is not 240% pa anymore, but with reduced risk

off the dozen varied stocks that i watch closest, fmg is the only one that i'm bullish and confident on in this market over a 2 year timeframe

i bought in at ~$22 before the share split, current price equivalent would of course be ~$2.20.

i can solely thank charlie aitken for starting me on the research path to that purchase, the man has a rare degree of insight and clarity of thought that i find rare in our mainstream media sources.

im just your average punter but there are commentators they put on TV and in print, i see what they have to say, understand the logic / reason of what they say and pick massive flaws in it. its just inane and banal but they feel safe in their majority views.

aitken FTW

Catch-22

I think that at 8.88, FMG IS good value, however I do not have a margin lending account and I am maxed out. It will take 5 days (excluding w/ends) to get the margin account approved and set up.

Is anyone aware of any other sources of lending that takes less than 5 days to set up?

NAB will lend 70%, but I need around 80-90% anyway.

Catch-22

I think that at 8.88, FMG IS good value, however I do not have a margin lending account and I am maxed out. It will take 5 days (excluding w/ends) to get the margin account approved and set up.

Is anyone aware of any other sources of lending that takes less than 5 days to set up?

NAB will lend 70%, but I need around 80-90% anyway.

to be honest with u i dont know anything about margin stuff-as i have never had it-

who are u with if u dont me asking

Thanks

Nick--

What do you mean Who am I with? :confused: for my online trading? NAB.... Who am I with, in so far as my company? I have a web design company., the name of which should be self-explanatory!

I just re-read my last post.... sorry about that, it came across as a bit aggressive when in fact it is not. My company is Hollowpoint Pty Ltd...
a web design and marketing company.

I typed the last entry quite quickly, so I am afraid it came off as a bit rude.... sorry about that :D

FMG $8.77... dammit... I want back in... :banghead: I really regret having bought high. My girlfriend is none too happy either!

anyone notice a difference in the market depth of FMG

5 million buy volume

there is 3 lots of 1 million under $8

wtf lol :eek:

anyone notice a difference in the market depth of FMG

5 million buy volume

there is 3 lots of 1 million under $8

wtf lol :eek:

ifs that's not a sign of value- i dont know what is-

argo have u been stocking up lately or u happy with your lot

Thanks

Nick--

ifs that's not a sign of value- i dont know what is-

argo have u been stocking up lately or u happy with your lot

Thanks

Nick--

haven't had the opportunity to buy more cause i have been in margin call or buffer for most of the last two weeks :banghead:, though i am queit happy with what i have, all one can do now if they bought at high prices is maybe to lower their average buy price (dollar cost average?)

i remain bullish on Fortescue though - its just the current markets that is real head :banghead: at the moment

once earnings are announced and the dust settles can FMG get back on track to its run to $15

i wonder who wants the 1m parcels though - chinese or someone playing games?

I've been reading up on FMG for some time now and have finally decided ( I think) to buy some when the SP shows a bit of strength.
Seems to me that a lot of contributors to this thread are traders and I can't see that this is a trader's stock at the present time, rather it's one for the long haul as it ramps up production, pays down some of that debt, whittles away accumulated losses ( $68m last year alone ) and finally gets down to paying good divs. Which I'm pretty sure it will, in time.
Just wish I'd bought a couple of years ago!

;)

Patience is required!( Not one of my strong points.)
Not a buy yet but looking better all the time!

;)

here's why FMG's price fell:

Native title win against FMG

Traditional owners in the Pilbara region are celebrating a win in the National Native Title Tribunal over Fortescue Metals Group Ltd after proving the company failed to negotiate in good faith over a tenement application.

Members of the Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura native title claim group and the Wintawari Gurama Aboriginal Corporation have successfully proved that the mining giant failed to fulfil its obligations under section 31 of the Native Title Act 1993.

The win was over a proposed mining tenement application, 65 kilometres west of Tom Price encompassing 4320 hectares of traditional land and waters. The area covered part of Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura's native title application area and the approved native title determination area of the Wintawari Gurama Aboriginal Corporation.

Donna Meyer, Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura Traditional Owner, said that the decision that was handed down was a hard fought battle, but that her community was ecstatic over the win.

"This is not only a win for our community, but for all Aboriginal people. We are constantly being pushed and pulled by the whims of mining companies and I feel this is not only a victory for our country and people but for our ancestors who handed us this land to take care of," said Ms Meyer.

Pilbara Native Title Service (PNTS), representatives of Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura native title claim group, said it was pleased that the group had stayed strong and successfully proved that FMG did not negotiate in good faith.

"I hope this win sends a message out to mining companies to come to the table in good faith and negotiate a fair outcome with the Traditional Owners of that country," said PNTS chairperson Doris Eaton.

The next step for Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura native title claim group and Wintawari Gurama Aboriginal Corporation is to meet with Fortescue Metals Group and begin negotiations towards an agreed outcome.

http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story/1/64765/Native-title-win-against-FMG-

wow... i can't even comment here.... one would think that iron ore is good for the economy... good for everyone.... apparently not. without being specific, this really ticks me off. :mad:

wow... i can't even comment here.... one would think that iron ore is good for the economy... good for everyone.... apparently not. without being specific, this really ticks me off. :mad:

Cannot believe it either. :confused:

As I've posted on other threads lately, I have finally decided that I don't understand the world anymore. :confused:

Instead of studying, investing and researching I will now dedicate my energy to watching Mad MAx films so that I will know how to survive in the future. :confused:

i bought a small parcel today at 8.25. brings my average down to 9.06 (from 9.30)

gav

Cannot believe it either. :confused:

As I've posted on other threads lately, I have finally decided that I don't understand the world anymore. :confused:

Instead of studying, investing and researching I will now dedicate my energy to watching Mad MAx films so that I will know how to survive in the future. :confused:

mad max? come on--dont forget about waterworld-

Oh well the week ended on a downer-

happy trading for next week guy's

Thanks

Nick--

haven't had the opportunity to buy more cause i have been in margin call or buffer for most of the last two weeks :banghead:, though i am queit happy with what i have, all one can do now if they bought at high prices is maybe to lower their average buy price (dollar cost average?)

i remain bullish on Fortescue though - its just the current markets that is real head :banghead: at the moment

once earnings are announced and the dust settles can FMG get back on track to its run to $15

i wonder who wants the 1m parcels though - chinese or someone playing games?

Chinese will help FMG all the time, coz FMG is becoming a strategic alliance partner with China (what I hope so)