Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

IMO this is basically a free ride for FMG, if CAZ win, FMG get their hands on a mega deposit, if CAZ lose, it has no material impact on FMG business. There's only upside for FMG here, whereas CAZ's management creditability is on the line again

dont know anything bout this CAZ but %60 jump from this news?!
Looks like it had been a slow decline for a while - hope noone was sitting on the downtrend and finally sold out 2days ago - that, would really really suck

Thanks for that fast info this morning Nick- I got into Cazaly straight away- it was like a xmas bonus. Now not sure whether to wait till they try their luck in court to get control of the iron ore mining rights or profit out.

Maybe take 50% out then leave the rest with them and see how they go. Already had FMG shares yet many analysts saying well over priced- so was becoming nervous about FMG.

Not so if the can extract the 200B $ in Iron Ore. If they do not win in court I would bank on a decrease to around $8-9 again. Yet Tiggy Fortesque seems to be a miracle worker in the past year. Who knows yet to date FMG has made my portfolio look at least half decent.

Anyone know how long the court ruling may take??????????

:D All the best Jeremy

Not a problem- if u making money good luck to u i say-

U see i just read the news to work out the facts-( and sometimes there is no facts just false stuff with no proof)

i do not believe any brokers and analyst-i go by facts and work out the worse case

what i dont get is why people say its over-priced-they never have a good enough reason the main fact i see is what the price on my screen as stopped at-

maybe they are un-happy on how good fmg have been going-

as taking profit-well only u know what to do and how much to take-

good luck to u if u do well-i honestly like seeing people do good-

i did not see any trading today but i did see that we had another good gain which i cant complain about

so happy trading i say

Thanks

Nick--

IMO this is basically a free ride for FMG, if CAZ win, FMG get their hands on a mega deposit, if CAZ lose, it has no material impact on FMG business. There's only upside for FMG here, whereas CAZ's management creditability is on the line again

well more is the better in this game-the more u got the better u going to get until demand ends or starts slowing down vs price's ?

i look at the picture as they need each other-

i also agree that it wont or can't affect fmg that much as they said they had they own 1+billion in iron ore themselves-

what i waiting to see if they can do that trial of producing 550,000 tones a week from the article i saw yesterday-

just on an observational note, if you look at the moving averages (7 day and 21 day)

you see that FMG has been trading above its 21 day average (blue) and there is about to be a bullish cross over...

the last cross over occurred back in April

will be interesting to see where this is headed... i am tipping a new 52 week high past $12 (reasoning - my theory that when it dips, its subject to retraction to all time highs)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 262
I tend to agree with agro. FMG look set for a decent run in the coming weeks. With this latest announcment from Cazaly Resources Ltd.(CAZ), that remains to be seen but I doubt they would make an announcement of this magnitude if they had no hope of their objectives and it will take sometime for it to go through the courts, and the imminent release of the freight premium in iron ore price negotiations things are looking rosey, imo.

HEM skyrocketed yesterday due to gaining explore permit beating Fortesque & 5 other bidders. The permit is right next to the Iron Ore deposit that CAZ\FMG are trying to secure a permit for. Surely HEM being small explorers need to strike a better deal than CAZ did with FMG, as HEM beat them for the permit. Although the area does not nearly as rich in Iron Ore.

CAZ is a punt- they lucked out b4. It does look as though the CAZ deal pumped up the FMG price a $1.

Personally I taking the profits from CAZ, as the chances of betting Rio Tinto in court will be small. Rio T will not give up a supposed 200 B $ easily- surely. Maybe wishful thinking by CAZ\FMG. But who knows- not me.

Good Luck. :2twocents

does anyone else have the feeling that the chinese or overseas investors continue to invest in this stock

this morning:

1.2 million bought @ 11.24 = $15 million

followed by 500,000 and 300,000 unit buyers - 11.24

It jumped right up after the CAZ\FMG proposed takeover of the supposed 200 B$ iron ore from Rio T- From what I have heard---yer good luck to them. Yet CAZ\FMG jumped again on this speculation. Yet worth a try for them. Rio T stated they have no chance as they adhered to their permit and have a development plan for site in question. My money would be on Rio keeping this 30 year tenament on the site.

Naturally could be wrong- :2twocents

It jumped right up after the CAZ\FMG proposed takeover of the supposed 200 B$ iron ore from Rio T- From what I have heard---yer good luck to them. Yet CAZ\FMG jumped again on this speculation. Yet worth a try for them. Rio T stated they have no chance as they adhered to their permit and have a development plan for site in question. My money would be on Rio keeping this 30 year tenament on the site.

Naturally could be wrong- :2twocents

my money is on FMG

look at the market sentiment at the moment

RIO down, FMG up..

on a red day lol

just on an observational note, if you look at the moving averages (7 day and 21 day)

you see that FMG has been trading above its 21 day average (blue) and there is about to be a bullish cross over...

the last cross over occurred back in April

will be interesting to see where this is headed... i am tipping a new 52 week high past $12 (reasoning - my theory that when it dips, its subject to retraction to all time highs)

I am thinking that around the $12.70 area is a potential target on this run up.

That's just my :2twocents though.

Mike

does anyone else have the feeling that the chinese or overseas investors continue to invest in this stock

this morning:

1.2 million bought @ 11.24 = $15 million

followed by 500,000 and 300,000 unit buyers - 11.24

would not suprise me at all-and why not-i mean they know better then us how how much iron ore their country needs-

i just got a nice smile on my face today when i just checked 1.00 pm-

getting ever so near to all time highs

happy trading to all-

Thanks

Nick--

would not suprise me at all-and why not-i mean they know better then us how how much iron ore their country needs-

i just got a nice smile on my face today when i just checked 1.00 pm-

getting ever so near to all time highs

happy trading to all-

Thanks

Nick--

Hey Nick,

As mentioned to u b4 ur fast info was a god sent to me- I out of CAZ now as not think they will get off RIO. Naturally I stuck with FMG and that is GREAT...... maybe stick with them for longer term. Who knows they may take on the bigger boys in the future. Thxs again

Good luck :D

Hey Nick,

As mentioned to u b4 ur fast info was a god sent to me- I out of CAZ now as not think they will get off RIO. Naturally I stuck with FMG and that is GREAT...... maybe stick with them for longer term. Who knows they may take on the bigger boys in the future. Thxs again

Good luck :D

in a way all these court matters always happens and some time we hear about it like i also saw last night on lateline-

i dont know what the out-come will be as i dont know the inner details-

only they know

while i dont understand charts to a high level-going by todays price range of caz i think its because they have a so-called big-brother fmg---(just my view)

i mean i hope it works out for everyone-

like someone metion before-its round 2 vs rio

but i did see the body language on twiggy last night when he did not want to answer anything about the debate- i got the impression of a chance or something brewing up-

he's always got something to say even when his other business went down-

i would like to think i am making sense-

Thanks

Nick--

i am pretty certain he would have been advised by his lawyers not say too much about the case....this must be costing a fair bit of money with all his legal team working on it....so i dont think they would go thru all this without thinking they have a very good chance of winning this battle.

FMG win on Pilbara rail line
20-June-08 by Rebecca Lawson

Fortescue Metals Group Ltd has had a win against BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto over access to its rail lines in the Pilbara, after the National Competition Council said the lines should be declared open to third party access.

The NCC today released draft recommendations in response to three separate applications received from The Pilbara Infrastructure Fund, a wholly owned subsidiary of FMG, for the declaration of Rio's Robe and Hamersley rail lines and BHP's Goldsworthy line.

The recommendations bring FMG closer to the finishing line of a four year battle with the mining majors to have the lines declared open, however it is not known whether BHP and Rio can start further action.

NCC's recommendations are in parallel to the state government's Pilbara draft haulage regime which proposes that miners in the region pay a fee to BHP and Rio to use their rail infrastructure including rail wagons.

The draft recommendations will be followed by a further public submissions period, closing on July 21, before NCC makes its final recommendations to the federal treasurer Wayne Swan.

Mr Swan will then decide whether or not to declare the services open and has 60 days to make his decision.

http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story/1/63973/FMG-win-on-Pilbara-rail-line

just cant the government on how long they take to do things which is so straight forward yes or no?

i cant see bhp and rio saying okay-whats an other 4 years

its just a buying time game for bhp-rio

Good read

Thanks

Nick--

FMG win on Pilbara rail line
20-June-08 by Rebecca Lawson

Fortescue Metals Group Ltd has had a win against BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto over access to its rail lines in the Pilbara, after the National Competition Council said the lines should be declared open to third party access.

The NCC today released draft recommendations...............and Hamersley rail lines and BHP's Goldsworthy line.

The recommendations bring FMG closer to the finishing line of a four year battle with the mining majors to have the lines declared open, however it is not known whether BHP and Rio can start further action.

NCC's recommendations are in parallel to the state government's Pilbara draft haulage regime which proposes that miners in the region pay a fee to BHP and Rio to use their rail infrastructure including rail wagons.

The draft recommendations will be followed by a further public submissions period, closing on July 21, before NCC makes its final recommendations to the federal treasurer Wayne Swan.

Mr Swan will then decide whether or not to declare the services open and has 60 days to make his decision.

http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story/1/63973/FMG-win-on-Pilbara-rail-line

Nesa

Thanks for your post.

Definitely a good news under broader picture under Australian interest. May not be a good news for BHPB Rio alliance .

It reminds the Hitler saga (I was not born at that time however) as read in history books. If my enemy is your enemy too then we are friends. So BHPB and Rio are friends to oust our billionaire vegemite Mr Forrest and his company.

Do not want to sound as an expert or a legal counsel. The follownig are not expert opinion or any kind of advise either.

With my little hands on experience in dealing with National Competition Policy in past, understanding the iron ore mining business (failure in investing to capitalise in share market due to confidentiality deeds :banghead:) including working for FMG, Rio and BHPB I personally feel that FMG will continue to be a winner in rail saga.

BHPB and Rio will make their publicity bandwagons, special interest groups, lobbyists, selected media and legal advisers to burn midnight oils . So will be FMG being a poor cousin to them. I believe they will make every legal loophole to work against FMG wherever they can.

But end of the day it is so much black and white - FMG will see the end of war with a win. Having said that I feel that FMG will probably continue to do poorly in operational aspects, OSHE unless present operational culture gets improved. They will do so once start getting the operational dollars put back into business and the project expansion pressure is evenly distributed to bring the OSHE attitude a bit better.

Bad news will be BHPB and Rio probably make harder effort to make their union together as one organisation with continuous opposition from Chinese Steel makers not to make it happen !!!

My :2twocents

With such good news this afternoon, why did this close so low? Down 5.7% today

i dont understand... :confused:

taking profit-some investors might see this has a downer-if swan does not give the green line and someone got to re-apeal-

like a bit or a dark cloud hanging around-

thats what i thought-

volume was down a bit compared to yesterday and wed from what i can see-

Have a good weekend and happy tradding for next week

Thanks

Nick--