Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

could the sp fall have anything to do with the CAZ trading halt?

As alluded to elswhere, RIO disputes the CAZ FMG tenement.

It keeps hitting my stops, so I have to sell, then buy back later.

tried to move it out of the short term to medium term portfolio recently.

so far,have made money each time, I am even ahead of where i would be if i had just held (came to this stock a bit late folks)

In fact taking another profit on this stock, then it fell right away,was one of the few highlights in a particularly cruel day for me today.

tony

this is the kind of stock everyone would want in their portfolio:

- for the market to be down 1.20%

and FMG to defy the odds (yet again, yet again) to be as high of 11.30 is remarkable.

well done FMG and holders :)

Argo-seems flx is like that also

but overall its not a bad day for fmg-

would like to see how fmg does on tue when caz comes out of the trading halt-

might not make a difference but worth a look imo

Thanks

Nick---

The trading halt on CAZ is not related to FMG it's to do with NMI.

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2502&page=12

i know that-thats why i am saying when they come on tue-will people say that fmg little so called brother is back?

It might not be realstic but worth a try

Will c how these un-folds- after seeing the interview on abc yesterday-

did anyone see the interview between the caz ceo and allan yesterday?

what did u guys think of it?

Thanks

Nick--

No wonder FMG rose today constantly
Will Bao Steel the great committed steel company already tied up with FMG also reward FMG for its ore >

Because if you read ahead

China's Baosteel agrees 2008 iron ore term prices

SHANGHAI, June 23 (Reuters) - China's largest steel maker Baosteel <600019.SS> has agreed to pay up to 96.5 percent more for its 2008 iron ore under a term contract with Australian miner Rio Tinto (RIO.AX

RIO TINTO23 June,200823/06/2008 23:15 Sydney, Australia.
Value Change % Change
137.580 -1.020 -0.740%

Company overview
Real-time quote
RIO.AX , 137.580, -1.020, -0.740%), Baosteel said in a e-mailed statement on Monday.

Baosteel agreed to a 79.88 percent price rise of Pilbara blend fines and Yandicoogina fines, and a 96.5 percent price rise of Pilbara blend lump, the company said in the statement.

yeh i herd that - 85% price rise secured !

construction report was out yesterday too..

once more, this morning, 250k selling at 12 got sweeped up in less than a minute

just keeps getting better for FMG

Just checked- big volume and good closing price of $12.80

hope everyone is doing good-

for the the people who have been on this stock or watch this stock for a while- i have a question

past performance does not represent the future? right? only a indication of what if ?

so would it be fair to say that today we broke thru new highs-so if all was well would it be like the last 3 weeks tag $12.00 high and come back to $9.50-$10 area?

since we have $12.80 today would it be fair to see it tag $14.00 and then hover around $11.50 to $12.00 and then start the cycle again-

happy trading to all

Thanks

Nick--

Just checked- big volume and good closing price of $12.80

hope everyone is doing good-

for the the people who have been on this stock or watch this stock for a while- i have a question

past performance does not represent the future? right? only a indication of what if ?

so would it be fair to say that today we broke thru new highs-so if all was well would it be like the last 3 weeks tag $12.00 high and come back to $9.50-$10 area?

since we have $12.80 today would it be fair to see it tag $14.00 and then hover around $11.50 to $12.00 and then start the cycle again-

happy trading to all

Thanks

Nick--

yeh , at the moment FMG is on the bullish run to new highs,

no doubt i expect a retraction, or a dip before pushing on with its run,

it's like a racing car driver - unless he stops for petrol, he cannot finish the race..

so, yes the cycle will continue, a stock price doesn't head vertically up but in cycles.

well done Nick too ;)

yeh , at the moment FMG is on the bullish run to new highs,

no doubt i expect a retraction, or a dip before pushing on with its run,

it's like a racing car driver - unless he stops for petrol, he cannot finish the race..

so, yes the cycle will continue, a stock price doesn't head vertically up but in cycles.

well done Nick too ;)

Thanks for answering my question argo-

just needed some feedback thats all -really-

i cant say i am sooking-

but i hope everyone else is doing good-

happy trading for wed people

Thanks

Nick--

FMG does look good at the moment, breakout to new highs on good volume, closing near the high. Clear blue skies above now.

Only thing I would be worried about, is RSI is displaying a negative divergence, something to keep in mind, maybe.

Cheers

Strong breakout over the past 2 days. AF now nearing $13billion. Ironore price increases obviously assisted todays gains, but the breakout began a few days ago.

Stock of the year so far

Strong breakout over the past 2 days. AF now nearing $13billion. Ironore price increases obviously assisted todays gains, but the breakout began a few days ago.

Stock of the year so far

defently

i just watched the first 30mins of trading, huge profit taking... then a rebound

just cracked $13...

What the :confused::):):):) $13.00,well for all the fmg faithfull.

Now i am confused,would be nice if it finds support at 12.50 initially.

CHEERS GUYS

Now its plummeted down to $12 mark again, would this be a pull back from the recent breakout? Take off again tomorrow?

Now its plummeted down to $12 mark again, would this be a pull back from the recent breakout? Take off again tomorrow?

mix of profit taking, possibly margin calls, reaches a bottom then shoots back up again..

always happens after a huge rise..

RSI definately looks very weak.

You would want it to stay above it's recent high (which it is sitting at right now), or this becomes a weak trend and we could see a bit of a retracement after it's recent run.

Just one reason why it's important to set your stops, you don't want to be giving away too much profit in this type of environment. It can be taken away, very.....very quickly!

This is pretty soon after it's recent high for profit taking, not to mention, you would want buying pressure to come in over the next few days and not see too many wide spreads with low closes on high volume.

Margin calls? Don't think that would be a big factor here, at least not yet.

:2twocents

I am def new to this whole stock thing and this is my first stock purchase. I just have a quick question I'm in the states and I bought FSUMF is this the same stock as FMG or 2 totally different ones? If so why the difference in price FSUMF up $1.05 and FMG down .76.

not the best and not the worst-

anyone get taken out today

better trading for thursday

Thanks

Nick--

I took my profits and ran :2twocents

I forsee a downward trend, perhaps back as far as $10.30/10.50, in the coming weeks(but what do I know?).