Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Fortescue's electric car acquisition is proving it's worth. It will improve the effectiveness of FMG's own EV plant and be a profitable sale item as well

Jaguar to use Fortescue battery software to boost charging times for EVs

electric-ange-rover-800x505.jpg
Electric Range Rover. Image: JLR.

UK car giant JLR – formerly known as Jaguar Land Rover and now owned by India’s Tata Motors – has struck a deal to use battery software developed by Australia’s Fortescue to accelerate charging times of its electric vehicles.

The software – known as Elysia – will be used initially in JLR’s soon to be released electric Range Rover, and is expected to quicken charging times, improve reliability and boost range for this and other electric models.

The technology emerged from Fortescue investment in Williams Advanced Engineering, the engineering group behind the successful Williams racing team , and it hopes to extend the deals to other car makers in the future.

“The lessons and innovations we have both learned from motorsport are now being applied to the management of battery systems on our roads, unlocking a leading future of EV performance for JLR’s customers,” Mark Hutchinson, the head of Fortescue Energy, said in a statement.

More movement on FMG use of green hydrogen. They already have developed and proven electric dump trucks. Now how about powering the truck hydrogen fuel cells? Gets rid of the 2 klm extension cord..

It’s the excavator that has the power cable, it does move around as much as the trucks, so direct power cable is the most efficient method of powering it, mining equipment has used power cables for decades.

IMG_1883.jpeg
IMG_1884.jpeg

Fortescue accuses two former executives of ‘industrial-scale misuse’ of its intellectual property​

Andrew Forrest’s Fortescue Group has accused two former executives of “industrial-scale misuse” of its intellectual property when they left to start a rival green iron technology firm.

The miner has asked the Federal Court for permission to trawl through computers at three properties linked to former employees Michael Masterman and Bart Kolodziejczyk to find evidence to support its claims.
19a6577d36c97602db6a3168c5a24686390bf7d3.jpg

Former Fortescue executives Bart Kolodziejczyk (left) and Michael Masterman want to build a $3.2 billion green iron ore processing plant in the Pilbara within five years.Credit: Eamon Gallagher
Two of the properties are located in Perth, another is in Melbourne.

Fortescue alleges that confidential information was copied and taken when Masterman and Kolodziejczyk left the company in late 2021.

Soon after leaving the miner, Kolodziejczyk, Fortescue’s former chief scientist, and Masterman, a senior executive close to Forrest, founded Element Zero with the aim of reducing the carbon footprint of Australia’s most lucrative export industry, iron ore.

FMG is clearly not the only force in green steel. This story from the CSIRO does an excellent job of pullong together many of the new technologies being developed in this field.

FMG is clearly not the only force in green steel. This story from the CSIRO does an excellent job of pullong together many of the new technologies being developed in this field.

@basilio, the article was a great read even though lengthy. I particularly found this comment encouraging:

“Instead of exporting whatever we dig up, we are now exploring how we can process and be selective about our iron ore and turning it into a premium product, using renewable energy.”

Skate.

@basilio, the article was a great read even though lengthy. I particularly found this comment encouraging:

“Instead of exporting whatever we dig up, we are now exploring how we can process and be selective about our iron ore and turning it into a premium product, using renewable energy.”

Skate.
Professor, this is something that should have and been done a long time ago.
Back in the day it was referred to as "Value Adding"

Monster $1.1b block trade in Fortescue
Block trading is a delicate balance of negotiation, risk management, and timing, with both parties aiming to achieve the best possible financial outcome under the veil of market invisibility.

FMG.jpg

A "big fund manager" sent JP Morgan out to find buyers for a billion-dollar sell-down of Fortescue after the closing bell at $21.60 a piece, representing a 6 per cent discount to Fortescue’s last traded price that @eskys post now confirms.

The block trade was run as a fixed-priced trade as China’s stimulus to revive construction has failed to boost steel demand. Meanwhile, the conga line of executives filtering out of its top ranks has continued.

Skate.

Last edited:
I was wondering why FMG had dropped like a stone at opening. Currently sitting at $22 which I suppose is a "recovery" from the $21.60 the Billion dollar sale went through.

It would be interesting to see if Twiggy has come back into the market. His half yearly dividends from FMG would easily buy the lot.

I was wondering why FMG had dropped like a stone at opening. Currently sitting at $22 which I suppose is a "recovery" from the $21.60 the Billion dollar sale went through.

It would be interesting to see if Twiggy has come back into the market. His half yearly dividends from FMG would easily buy the lot.

@basilio, what this shows is that there is strong support around this price level. Those shares on offer were quickly snapped up in a heartbeat. It's a great example of how one person's trash can be another person's treasure.

Skate.

It takes 2 days and they have to release who the major holder is. Imagine if it's Rinehart!

Iron ore is up at this moment, according to SGX....

( +2.06/1.96%)

Can work for a quick trade but not sure of the reward verses risk. Thinking of EDV not so long ago when it had a block trade at 5.22 and it went down after that. So, where goes FMG today? Dropped a dollar at time of post...

It's the top most popular buy on Commsec and Westpac

Iron ore is up at this moment, according to SGX....

( +2.06/1.96%)

Can work for a quick trade but not sure of the reward verses risk. Thinking of EDV not so long ago when it had a block trade at 5.22 and it went down after that. So, where goes FMG today? Dropped a dollar at time of post...

It's the top most popular buy on Commsec and Westpac
Even if the Divs go down to $1,20/ year (highly doubt it but lets say worst case scenario) it's still better than having money in the bank when you include the franking credits. I'm looking long term but the risk is always there no doubt.

In the zone . Pull the trigger anyday now , might even pick of a few today . View attachment 178879
FWIW i am only in this for a 4-5 weeks style swing trade . All systematicaly driven .

I " invest " my time looking for high probability swing trades for SMSF . Mind you getting into some investments at x period lows has merit if you truly have faith in the company . I have little faith in most of them but i do look at balance sheet metrics so i dont buy " Green Mile " things

Even if the Divs go down to $1,20/ year (highly doubt it but lets say worst case scenario) it's still better than having money in the bank when you include the franking credits. I'm looking long term but the risk is always there no doubt.
I see where you are coming from; l'm procrastinating because I don't want my head on the block when I'm not in it...watching because I thought there might be something in it that I can traded. It opened at 22.35, but not made it to that so far. Can't watch tomorrow to gauge (will be on the road) Hate getting run over when I'm not watching...at the very least, investors and traders are showing interest, so that's a big plus.