• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
One of the biggest things people say is a road block to EV’s is charging infrastructure, but when you actually think about new petrol stations are being built every year, and older service stations need to spend $100’s of thousands in major maintenance every 20 - 30 years replacing bowsers and digging up underground tanks, not to mention replacing delivery trucks etc.

So all that really needs to happen is as demand grows for EV charging, some of this capex will just be redirected to installing EV infrastructure.

we have all seen petrol stations close up for a month or so and dig up their tanks for replacement, it would be pretty easy to just avoid that and replace the bowsers with EV chargers, basically adding no extra cost than what would have been scheduled to be spent anyway.

IMG_0737.jpegIMG_0736.jpeg

No thanks, the model 3 is for midgets and contortionists.
Mick
Really??? Have you actually sat in one and adjusted the seat, I am over 6ft tall and its suits me great.

you must have given your email to Tesla at some stage, they are always sending out offers.

Really??? Have you actually sat in one and adjusted the seat, I am over 6ft tall and its suits me great.

you must have given your email to Tesla at some stage, they are always sending out offers.
I tried to sit in one, it is just too low for my creaking back and dicey legs.
There is a reason why so many retirees and even older people like SUV's.
Yiou can just slide your fat ar$e across the seats.
mick

mick

That’s why the Model Y was designed.

Got an email from tesla today
Must have an excess of supply.
Mick
View attachment 172224
It like BYD have a similar issue, lots of inventory and not enough buyers.

BYD slashes price on its best-selling SUV to $16K to compete with gas cars

After recently reducing prices of its refreshed Han and Tang models, Build Your Dreams (BYD) just launched a new version of its top-selling EV Yuan Plus – known as the Atto 3 in overseas markets – to $16,644 in China, making it one of the lowest-priced EVs out there.

BYD has been targeting its home turf of China, the world’s largest vehicle market, for its latest price-slashing strategy to edge out both EV and ICE rivals with some of the lowest prices on EVs. The price war has already sparked major deals on some of its best-selling EVs, with the brand-new Yuan Plus crossover now available at 11.8% cheaper than the final sale price of its predecessor, reports

Mick

mick
I found it the same, couldn't get my right leg out without the door being fully open, even then hauling myself up was a chore.
A friend and his wife bought a model 3, then after going for a ride in my kona went in and ordered a model Y, so you aren't dreaming it up. ;)

Here's an xray of my right leg, there is no way that knee gets out of a model 3, you can take that to the bank.🤣

20220118_133700.jpg

I found it the same, couldn't get my right leg out without the door being fully open, even then hauling myself up was a chore.
A friend and his wife bought a model 3, then after going for a ride in my kona went in and ordered a model Y, so you aren't dreaming it up. ;)

Here's an xray of my right leg, there is no way that knee gets out of a model 3, you can take that to the bank.🤣

View attachment 172234
Hello again sptrawler,
Crikey, what happened to your knee bloke???

Kind regards
rcw1

Tell your kids not to race moto cross, or electric scooters, both hurt when you come off.
yep reckon so... image it would take some time to get up of own volition :)
rcw1 knees are pucked, due to ware and tear... might do some thing about it one day ....
too attached to the originals ha ha ha