• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
The great Australian EV charging manufacturer, Tritium, has gone the way of the great Solar Panel Manufacturing company, SunDrive, and gone offshore.
From Evil Murdoch press
Indian giant Exicom has acquired the business and assets of failed Brisbane-based fast-charger manufacturer Tritium which collapsed earlier this year owing $500m
Exicom Tele-systems, India’s largest manufacturer of electric vehicle chargers, said the landmark acquisition would allow it to unlock substantial long-term growth and expand its global footprint.

“This acquisition is in line with Exicom’s strategic vision to be a key contributor to the world of tomorrow by enabling an emission free future for mobility,” Exicom CEO Anant Nahata said in a statement announcing the deal on Thursday night.

“Exicom and Tritium have a complementary sales and product footprint and have each established leadership in their respective regions. We look forward to working with Tritium’s employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders to grow the business further and provide faster, more reliable charging experiences to EV users across the globe.”

Tritium was founded in 2001 by engineers David Finn, James Kennedy and Paul Sernia, and grew in recent years, winning deals with global players such as BP and Shell.

Administrators and receivers were appointed in April this year, with the company’s debts expected to top more than half a billion dollars.
Receivers and managers McGrathNicol had expected to sell the company, postponing a creditors meeting from May to September to allow bids or sale options to be assessed.

No sale price has been revealed or what return creditors will receive.

Rich lister Trevor St Baker, a Tritium director who invested heavily in the company, is owed more than $100m.

The company’s failure had been a blow to the Albanese government’s industry ambitions. Prime minister Anthony Albanese had made several visits to the Brisbane site over the past few years to spruik its credentials as a poster child for advanced manufacturing in Australia.

Exicom said Tritium is recognised as a leading industry brand globally, selling more than 13,000 DC fast chargers in 47 countries.

As part of the deal, Exicom will acquire Tritium’s manufacturing facility in Tennessee, USA, as well as the world-class engineering centre in Brisbane.

“The acquisition expands Exicom’s global reach and amplifies its commitment to research and development to drive innovation in this growing industry,” the company said.
Like SunDrive, Trititium was another company visited and promoted by Albanese.
It is almost to the point where any business used by Albanese as a photo op is doomed.
Mick

The great Australian EV charging manufacturer, Tritium, has gone the way of the great Solar Panel Manufacturing company, SunDrive, and gone offshore.
From Evil Murdoch press

It is almost to the point where any business used by Albanese as a photo op is doomed.
Mick

Was that another Labor government pick to get Australian manufacturing in the green sector up and running to world dominance?

From Evil Murdoch press

Mick
If it is used by Albanese, it is an ideological choice and so fake sciences and/or wrong economy business.
Once the government subsidies slow down, the business collapses.
Half a billion debt 14 000 chargers sold
So each charger sale costs the company 36000 dollars ....
I hope the 3 founders got a few millions for their pain...
Has Albanese visited the FMG green projects yet?

From Evil Murdoch press

Mick

This is what’s happening in China.

That is the problem I'm having ATM, I lost quite a bit of money since the Albo Govt attained office, there was a lot of rhetoric about renewables, value adding to Australian renewable materials, well as I said I'm down a lot and as I reported in a new thread it makes tax time difficult with delisted green can dreaming shares going belly up

Yet not a peep about battery manufacturing, nickel in the toilet, lithium in the toilet, Fortescue/IGO battery material processing in the toilet.
Meanwhile.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 183806.jpg

Not many happy Jans. 🤣

Interesting times.

That is the problem I'm having ATM, I lost quite a bit of money since the Albo Govt attained office, there was a lot of rhetoric about renewables, value adding to Australian renewable materials, well as I said I'm down a lot and as I reported in a new thread it makes tax time difficult with delisted green can dreaming shares going belly up

Yet not a peep about battery manufacturing, nickel in the toilet, lithium in the toilet, Fortescue/IGO battery material processing in the toilet.
Meanwhile.

View attachment 182302

Not many happy Jans. 🤣

Interesting times.
The original Henry vacuum looks a bit more friendly:

1723202298521.png

Always thought it was the strangest concept. First time I saw one, it took me a while to realise it's an actual real product and that's how it comes from the factory, complete with eyes and smiling face. :)

Meanwhile.

View attachment 182302

Not many happy Jans. 🤣

Interesting times.
Which companies have you lost money on?

me . i am down on IGO ( but intend to CAUTIOUSLY add ) , CCE ( that will have to dig it's own way out ) AEB ( seems to be defunct ) started as 'carbon-capture ' to grow algae ) , and then there is RFX ( it will have to dig it's own way out as well

oh and PAN ( probably bankrupt )

and then there were the ones i avoided , and the sad part was i didn't even chase Lithium exposure the companies i already held did ( like WES and MIN , the previously mentioned IGO )

i lost money on WSA , but did OK on MCR ( when it was taken-over )

seems to be a replay of the great nickel boom/bust which featured the original Poseidon Nickel

IGO, CXL, PAN.
Fortunately the super can afford it, the fund is still up 17.8% on the year, after paying a pension. Does underline the need to have a spread of assets.

This is what’s happening in China.

Great video VC. Excellent insight into China. It didn't spare some uncomfortable parts either.
The quality control aspects of the vehicles production are brilliant. I would be very interested to see how this compares to US/ other production places. You can check this out at 37 minutes mark

Great video VC. Excellent insight into China. It didn't spare some uncomfortable parts either.
The quality control aspects of the vehicles production are brilliant. I would be very interested to see how this compares to US/ other production places. You can check this out at 37 minutes mark
yep, I also liked the 7.40 mark, where you see the stacks of steel coil and tubes waiting to be turned into bikes, probably containing a lot of Australian Iron Ore 😉

our Battery Questions Answered with Dr. Jeff Dahn, Dalhousie U.

The above is the title of a youtube from a week or so back, the simple mention of Jeff Dahn sould be enough to validate.
For those who go on to view the 30 odd minutes or so the cross-over to the 'future of Generation and Storage' will be obvious. Anyone who wants to go to trouble putting it up there with the time stamps ??

Here's an interesting one -

Back to the Future! DMC DeLorean returns with electric power

Abespoke American carmaker is resurrecting the DMC DeLorean of old, only this time it’ll have electric power capable of pushing it well past 88mph.

Lynx Motors, a brand dedicated to reviving and ‘reimagining’ classic sports cars, has announced reservations are officially open for the DeLorean DMC-EV, with deliveries set to begin next year.

The DMC-EV is based on the iconic DeLorean DMC-12 of the early 1980s, though it differs greatly beyond its exterior cosmetics with four electric motors and a large battery, along with advanced interior tech, designed largely to turn heads.

Pricing for the DMC-EV is unclear, as Lynx lists both US$249,999 (A$379,915) and US$299,500 (A$455,140) in separate articles on its website.

The exterior is unmistakably DeLorean, featuring many of the lines penned by the original models’ designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro.

Expand article logo Continue reading
However, Lynx has modernised the front and rear which now include LED lighting with larger transparent panels and clear Lynx and DMC-EV badging.

Larger wheels have also been fitted, while the side skirts and front and rear bumpers can be blacked out, depending on the colour option selected by the owner.

Lynx says owners will be able to select personalised interiors and custom exterior colours, a significant diversion from the DMC-12’s stainless steel obsession

The interior has received the largest update, notably showing a large touchscreen display spanning the width of the cabin. Its seats appear to be upholstered in leather, while the centre console now seems to feature a wireless phone charger and large rotary dial.

Ahead of the driver is a large sporty steering wheel, with carbon fibre accents and perforated leather completing the interior overhaul.

Lynx says the DMC-EV is “more than a revival”, and is instead a “complete reinvention” designed to mimic the original DMC-12 but add the latest and greatest tech for both performance and safety.

Its powertrain comprises four “high output” in-wheel electric motors, providing all-wheel drive. Those motors are fed by a 70kWh CATL battery pack, offering a range of around 402km.

Lynx says the DMC-EV will be capable of completing the 0-60mph sprint in “less than four seconds”, with Tesla’s NACS charging port built-in to allow it to access the EV giant’s US Supercharger network.

As for safety features, Lynx has added side intrusion protection and traction control. Reservations are now open with a US$2500 deposit to secure one for yourself.

The DMC-EV will join the Lynx model lineup alongside the GT1e, a electric restomod of the 2005 Ford GT with a claimed 1790kW of power.

1723534773704.png

1723534787680.png