Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Economic implications of a SARS/Coronavirus outbreak

They'll rebrand to something else. There's absolutely staggering money in pr0n.

Twitch has been grappling with this very problem for a LONG time and it's become particularly pronounced during covid. They tried making a thots only section but it hasn't really fixed the problem.

Inflation numbers in, GDP growth 6.6%, GDP inflation 6.1%, probably not really going to do much as delta variant hasn't gone away.

It was one of those "if it's bad then things will plummet and if it's good then nothing will happen" things, so, nothing's really happening.

In summary, it's still groundhog day.

Hah. Yeah. All the talking heads are back on the news doing the same thing they were april-may-june etc last year: waffling.

You know when someone doesn't want to say they don't know so they just start "talking"? A very long winded, very jargon filled, very intelligent way of saying... absolutely nothing.

According to Ian Verrander, the only thing Wall Street is worried about is whether the money printing is slowed.
And I think this is right, the top 0.01% are making a killing, the money goes to the banks but not to the people, this is a"stimulus of the rich" but that is all right, Biden was elected, well kind of... and deep state is back in charge, NOT... kind of....

True, but it's not like it wasn't happening under Trump. In fact it goes back 10 years.

In fact the rumour is that Biden is going to end it.
As if Biden would do seriously anything against the deep state aka politico military lobby and industry/money big players..now including the MS and Google of this world.
Trump was the wild card and was quickly removed.
Too much money at play: do you think Trump would have left all that weaponry in Afghanistan? No way, but here, the US army will not only have to buy back these, have a pretext to do strategic strikes to destroy these..a couple millions per missile and even better no accountancy possible.

US paid that much for xxxx armored vehicles/M16,etc , all conveniently unable to be counted checked...
Even suitcases of dollars.
Absolutely amazing...and that is just for Afghanistan retreat/debacle.
Money will keep pouring(sp?) for a while ,a few peanuts for struggling home loans, student loans etc the red green agenda, and the bulk of it straight to wall street and big old boys clubs.
Looking forward to be proven wrong by one of the most corrupt president we have had so far in the US...
Trump was a crook..legal one .but Biden is corrupt..illegal one..there is no denying the Ukrainian corruption.

I should say was ,as he is a zombie now anyway, that is how i see the scene, covid just a convenient pretext

As if Biden would do seriously anything against the deep state aka politico military lobby and industry/money big players..now including the MS and Google of this world.
Trump was the wild card and was quickly removed.
Too much money at play: do you think Trump would have left all that weaponry in Afghanistan? No way, but here, the US army will not only have to buy back these, have a pretext to do strategic strikes to destroy these..a couple millions per missile and even better no accountancy possible.

US paid that much for xxxx armored vehicles/M16,etc , all conveniently unable to be counted checked...
Even suitcases of dollars.
Absolutely amazing...and that is just for Afghanistan retreat/debacle.
Money will keep pouring(sp?) for a while ,a few peanuts for struggling home loans, student loans etc the red green agenda, and the bulk of it straight to wall street and big old boys clubs.
Looking forward to be proven wrong by one of the most corrupt president we have had so far in the US...
Trump was a crook..legal one .but Biden is corrupt..illegal one..there is no denying the Ukrainian corruption.

I should say was ,as he is a zombie now anyway, that is how i see the scene, covid just a convenient pretext
Trump did a deal with the Taliban last year, withdrew the rug from under the US backed government.. I already posted on it a while back. Promised to leave by July. Gave them everything they wanted. 5000 fighters returned, we will promise to punish any "individual" who hurts the US but still allowed to attack government forces but US not allowed to attack them.

"The deal was a sweet one for the Taliban, critics say"
Trump’s second national security adviser, has recently called it “a surrender agreement with the Taliban.” Another member of Trump’s National Security Council said it was “a very weak agreement.”
I think your hero has feet of clay.

Not saying Biden or the military establishment are genius's either. I think they just stuffed it up from yet again poor military intelligence. Not deep state, just deep stupidity.

Read about Trumps agreement following:

Anyway getting off topic. Back to economics.

so who is funding ISIS , so far they have proved to be a very efficient and well-trained force

this is NOT just a bunch of boy-scouts that grew up

THAT is the question

how does that relate to economics .. it seems they can disrupt , anywhere at anytime , at short notice

and the current economics is all fantasy stories , not much to see there ( unless you have an electron microscope )

Trump did a deal with the Taliban last year, withdrew the rug from under the US backed government.. I already posted on it a while back. Promised to leave by July. Gave them everything they wanted. 5000 fighters returned, we will promise to punish any "individual" who hurts the US but still allowed to attack government forces but US not allowed to attack them.

"The deal was a sweet one for the Taliban, critics say"
Trump’s second national security adviser, has recently called it “a surrender agreement with the Taliban.” Another member of Trump’s National Security Council said it was “a very weak agreement.”
I think your hero has feet of clay.

Not saying Biden or the military establishment are genius's either. I think they just stuffed it up from yet again poor military intelligence. Not deep state, just deep stupidity.

Read about Trumps agreement following:

Anyway getting off topic. Back to economics.
i would just add: 75000 talibans, nearly 4.5millions refugees most of them young males, many times the number of taliban forces just for Europe ...
Afghanistan is what its people want.
Even if this is hard to swallow for many..."my hero":rolleyes: was realistic and would have brought back its hardware
With the Talibans back, who were already killing vaccination teams for serious illnesses, Covid will go wild there...we will have the statistically relevant population sample without vaccination;
May not be easy to get figures sadly
And if the worst nightmare of mRNA development go wild, we have a future populated by talibans... :)
So in a way, these middle age fanatics might be useful...

having lived in a unit next to a heroine addict ( luckily a nice one ) i do not see the Taliban as completely bad

yes i disagree with a lot of their policies , but i am no friend of the ALP either , and there are more of those fanatics in Australia

yes Afghanistan was a money-pit ( or a cash-laundry according to Assange ) and the US was never going to get those minerals to port ( in Pakistan ) cost effectively Russia and China were always in the box-seat there

so apart some 'under-the-radar transactions ' what was the point of being there for 20 years , Russia has strengthened it's economy and the Chinese economy has matured , the US basically kept the Russian/Chinese windfall safe

used to work with a former 'contractor ' who spend some time in the 'South-East Asia ' area during the Vietnam War

if just 10% of those tales were true ...