Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Donald Trump - Business and tax stories

1000011397.png

Knobby, the first portion of the podcast deals with this. I doubt you will listen but it's there for you if you have the intellectual integrity.

You will believe anything you are told.
Read actually what he said. (and it wasn't that)

Correct.

"Most crucially, he spelled out in detail prosecutors’ complicated felony case against Mr Trump. They claim he falsified a reimbursement to his fixer for the hush-money payment with the intent to conceal other crimes: violations of state and federal election laws and tax laws.

He told the jury that prosecutors do not need to prove these secondary crimes, nor do jurors need to be in agreement on which specific one Mr Trump committed. They must reach a unanimous verdict on each of the 34 counts, however."

It's done. Jury agrees inside 2 days . Trump found guilty on all 34 charges of falsifying business documents in the Hush Money trial
The Judge will hand down his sentence on July 11th.

Meanwhile this take on the outcome seems pertinent.

Extra from Home Alone 2 Found Guilty of Fraud

trump-home-alone.jpg

An un-named extra in the 1992 film Home Alone 2 has been found guilty by a New York jury of falsifying business documents.
The man, believed to now be in his 70s, has just one line in the film – “Down the hall and to the left” – which is coincidentally the same words that officers will use when showing him to his prison cell in the coming weeks.

Since his 1992 role, the actor gained occasional roles play-acting the part of a successful businessman and, more recently, pretending to be the US President.

He is expected to be sentenced in coming days once authorities can find cuffs small enough for his tiny little hands.
MORE TO COME

FEC Commissioner Blasts Trump Conviction, Debunks Claim He Violated Election Law

Former Commissioner of the Federal Elections Commission, Brad Smith, a preeminent expert on campaign finance law has taken to social media to lash out against the Manhattan trial that led to the conviction of former President Donald Trump.​
Judge Juan Merchan had prevented Trump’s defense team from seating Smith as a witness or even submitting his testimony to the jury. Smith had planned on testifying that Donald Trump’s filing of a “hush money” payment as a “legal expense” was not a crime against federal elections law.​
Indeed, federal prosecutors had passed up on the case prior to Alvin Bragg, the District Attorney in Manhattan, bringing the case by claiming that Trump had “falsified business records” in the furtherance of committing a crime. One of the implicit crimes that Bragg had left open as an option was covering up Trump’s alleged affair with an adult actress “Stormy Daniels” (Stephanie Cliffords) so that it would not negatively impact the 2016 election.​
However, among the controversies in the case, beyond it hinging on serial liar and convicted felon Michael Cohen’s unreliable testimony, was that Trump had purportedly used “unlawful” means to impact the election.​
Former Commissioner Smith put this notion to rest in a lengthy thread that he posted on social media. It is reposted in its entirety below (lightly edited for readability):​
Let’s take a stab… Falsifying business records under NY law is a misdemeanor, unless done to hide a crime. Bragg says that crime was a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA), or of a NY statute making it illegal to influence an election by “unlawful” means.
But if the latter, what is the “unlawful means?” An alleged violation of FECA. So it comes down to FECA. There are two potential violations here. One is acceptance of an unlawful contribution by the campaign. The other is incorrect reporting of a contribution by the campaign.
Either way, we have to have a campaign contribution. That allegedly occurred when Cohen advanced money to pay the Stormy Daniels settlement. FECA defines a contribution as any payment made “for the purpose of influencing an election.” The 2016 max legal contribution was $2700.

More on link below:

Re the 2020 POTUS election:
EVerything I've seen or read points to the election being stolen: broken chain of custody of ballots, video of a black ballot counter in a demo district looking around and then writing on a ballot, certified republican polling observers being chased out of counting centres, statistically anomalous late counted postal ballots all going Biden's way, demo activists going around black neighbourhoods getting people to fill in postal ballots in front of them, a video at night showing a black man stuffing wads of postal ballots into a street collection node, Joe's strangely confident speech of reassurance to disconsolate dems when Trump was ahead that the postal ballots hadn't come in yet, the communist Bernie Sanders in conference with smiling smug squad members forewarning before voting occurred that the republicans would challenge the result specifically on all the points that came to pass, possibly the vote counting machines. The fix was in, the fruit of four years of preparation.

Last edited:
Silicon Valley Billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya says the media's portrayal of Trump has been a LIE and reveals that seeing Trump speak in person completely changed his view of him

"He is charismatic. He's intellectually sharp, and he's funny... I felt that I had misjudged him many years in the past. And so I was very glad that I had an opportunity to sit beside him and to actually interact with him one-on-one. It was really engaging."

Attachments

• Dnffob46XeZ06wUQ.mp4
    2.1 MB
Silicon Valley Billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya says the media's portrayal of Trump has been a LIE and reveals that seeing Trump speak in person completely changed his view of him

"He is charismatic. He's intellectually sharp, and he's funny... I felt that I had misjudged him many years in the past. And so I was very glad that I had an opportunity to sit beside him and to actually interact with him one-on-one. It was really engaging."

View attachment 178725
I said this on another thread. He has cut the mainstream media out and gone to the influencers. He doesn't get misquoted and can hold longform interviews without heavy editing. Majority of young people are online and consume news this way.