Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Did you know?

... that stock markets in Europe (2% to 3% down) and America are turning downwards with talk the rally has been overdone. Take care my friends!

... that stock markets in Europe (2% to 3% down) and America are turning downwards with talk the rally has been overdone. Take care my friends!
BHP down 6.1%, Xstrata down 9.4%, Anglo American down 4% in London.

Did you know that former world heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman has five daughters and five sons. All of his sons are named George.

...that Vinod Dahm created the Pentium chip, that Sabeer Bhatia founded and created Hotmail, Aryabhata was the inventor of zero and chess was invented in India.

... the reason why you must always fully complete a course of antibiotics? If you don't, then some bad bacteria will survive leading to a worse infection that will be more resistant to antibiotics. Never save a few for next time.

... very heavy snow is falling in London and markets there are expected to be disrupted at the opening at 8am BST on Wednesday. All airports in the UK are presently closed and major disruption will continue for several days.

Did you know that Kevin Rudd is a wine buff.
Please refer to the wine buff thread for more details.

...that hundreds of millions of dollars (£s) are waiting to be claimed from the UK NS&I (National Savings and Investments [not to be confused with the Post Office]) and most is thought to be owned by those who emigrated from the UK to Aus, NZ and Canada.
You think you have a relative, alive or dead, who may be owed something then first visit: http://www.nsandi.com/help/tracing_service.jsp

The person it's owed to may have been your Great Grandfather. You think you had a relative who could have travelled to Aus in 1900 for the gold rush, and believe it or not some money could be owed to them.

I had some success last year getting money and now I'm following up one of my Grandfather's exploits to Vancouver. If you're in Midland, Perth you could be sitting on my Great Grandad's plot from the 1800s and I want it back to dig for gold!

...that Europe looks in decline again with Greece, Portugal and Spain declining under their debt mountains. Spain in particular has been hit by less tourists heading their way from Germany and the UK.
Europe, including the UK that doesn't seem to be in the EU as it has a leg and arm sticking outside of it, is a giant with its added Eastern Block countries.
The worlds promised recovery and heralded growth in China is looking wobbly.

...that in todays AOL news poll that 90% feel that there will be a double dip recession in 2010.

S.H.I.T. means 'Stow High In Transit'. In the 16th and 17th centuries manure was stowed in ships. If it was placed low then it became wet and gave off methane gas - down goes man with lantern and "BOOM!"
Thus it was to be stowed high up within the ship and kept dry.