Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Did you know?

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

The word "gullible" is not in the dictionary ;)

Hi, "gullible" is in my dictionary on page 716 - "easily deceived or tricked, credulous." However, I have not yet licked my elbow, still trying.

That you are three times more likely to be robbed on the streets of London than New York.

That one of the most lawless countries is infact New Zealand.

That the country with the worse suicide record is Southern Ireland.

That you are three times more likely to be robbed on the streets of London than New York.

That one of the most lawless countries is infact New Zealand.

That the country with the worse suicide record is Southern Ireland.

Noirua,

What's the source of these facts?

...that the fastest bird is the Peregrine Falcon. It dives at 160 KPH.

...that the fastest molecule, known as an organic molecule, is a chronophore and will be used in future computer technology, due to its optical brawn.

...the fastest recorded snail travelled at 12.2 metres and hour.

Noirua,

What's the source of these facts?

Hi Julia, I will try to get links when I have a little more time.

Number 1 came from the BBC, London. Number 2 from BBC, News 24. Number 3 from BBC, Northern Ireland.

17/15ths of statistics are impossible

Given your past performance Mofra, I'm a bit loath to do this, fear of making a goose of myself... but is it that 17/15 = 1.13∞, is not a 'real' number and therefore in terms of statistics is impossible because 'A statistic is a function of one or more random variables that does not depend upon any unknown parameter.':couch

Given your past performance Mofra, I'm a bit loath to do this, fear of making a goose of myself... but is it that 17/15 = 1.13∞, is not a 'real' number and therefore in terms of statistics is impossible because 'A statistic is a function of one or more random variables that does not depend upon any unknown parameter.':couch
Actually you're technically right - however, until sunrise start quoting a 13% margin or error on thier latest "News Lite" newspoll, I'm happy enough to apply my theory to random polls, surveys & consumer sentiment based findings :)

92.43% of all statistice are made up on the spot :eek:

2020:confused:, I've done a thorough check of statistics about statistics and these are the correct percentages: 42.7%, 45%, 47.3%, 48.3%, 65.9%, 69%, 70%, 78.4%, 79.48%, 82%, 84%, 88.2%, 97%, 98% and 99%:), nowhere is there a figure of 92.43%. Did you make it up on the spot?:D

The UK's sixth case of "foot & Mouth Disease" was confirmed in Berkshire, Southern England, yesterday, and the first ever case of "Blue Tongue" was discovered in Suffolk, East England.

The UK has confirmed a 7th case of Foot & Mouth Disease in Southern England. There are now 11 cases discovered of "blue tongue" in East Anglia, Eastern England.