Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

I'm convinced that the thread topic is FMG despite what it says up there.

1689923080514.gif

Is OK.

I still think CSL is too big to view from a T/A lense but if I have time will check out the T/A thread a bit more.

T.A or no T.A , I reckon there are some big players watching this one and they don't care about next month's results . ( In the short term anyway )
My $250 bid only has a very slim chance of success .

T.A or no T.A , I reckon there are some big players watching this one and they don't care about next month's results . ( In the short term anyway )
My $250 bid only has a very slim chance of success .
Hi dyna...... $255.87 is my bet for this ST Downtrend.... then watch out for the next drop.....Cheers.... DrB.

Hi dyna...... $255.87 is my bet for this ST Downtrend.... then watch out for the next drop.....Cheers.... DrB.
CSL to blame the fall to COVID again. CSL fortune during, Pfizer made fortune during COVID.
Now we have the vaccines and awareness not to be panicked with COVID meaning medicine companies are to go to lab and invent some new disease to make money. DNH

I got this from one of the broker emails quoting FNA. The graph presented is different or updated form of what @DrBourse. Just querying if CSL is turning the corner for the sheep or just an illusion before it goes south again?
DNH
1690424977111.png

1690424813553.png

1690424881960.png

Interest rate up last night strengthened the greenback. Hopefully, this will help CSL.

Edit: just checked the dollar again.........strange that the greenback isn't holding?

I got this from one of the broker emails quoting FNA. The graph presented is different or updated form of what @DrBourse. Just querying if CSL is turning the corner for the sheep or just an illusion before it goes south again?
DNH
View attachment 160113

View attachment 160111
View attachment 160112

DNH
View attachment 160113

View attachment 160111
View attachment 160112
Hi Miner.....
Can't see the diff betweeen my chart and the FNA chart, except that the candles are different, which is a Commsuc problem, only other diff is the time of day the snapshots were taken.....
Unless you can see something I have missed.....
Did you look at my posts on "Candlestick Colour Differences"?

May as well butt in again on the CSL conversation.
IMO, Irrational Exhuberance has always ruled CSL.
IMO CSL was Overvalued back on 17/12/21 when their SP was at $273.00, their IV at that date was $176 to $215.
As at today 17/6/23 the CSL IV is well below $200,
So IMO another two 10%+ drops are well overdue.

The sheep notice that someone sneezes, then within a short time the sheep hear that CSL has developed a vaccine or whatever, So, then the the Expert Brokers an Analysts of the world issue rave reviews, so the sheep do what sheep always do, they chase the SP up to ridiculous heights.
Then a few months later the whole process repeats.
CSL are only doing their job, so the Analysts should not be ramping the stock for just doing their job.... Grrrrrrrr..
Crawling back into my cave now....
In my post dated 17/6/23 I suggested 2 more 10% drops were ahead for CSL… That call was close enough to be correct….

Today (8/8/23 @ 11am), CSL SP is $262, their IV is just a bit lower @ between $225 to $258, that IV is nearly at the end if its tenure – Up-coming Financials may paint a different IV picture….. Need to Wait’n’see…..

CSL’s 2/9/23 Financials should give us some guidance, but we must remember to ignore any Analyst Guesstimates, as they are usually wrong every year….

A properly constructed Balance Sheet along with believable guidance from CSL should see their SP stabilise…..

An incorrectly structured Balance Sheet and Lack of Guidance could see the IV & SP drop to believable levels…. Remember CSL has been ‘ramped up’ to ridiculously overbought levels by analysts for years now…..

CSL’s overnight ADR’s on the OTC & FWB suggests more ST downside for our CSL…..

ST Inds on CSL are still not happy…..

20230808 CSL Cht (1).png

20230808 CSL Cht (2).png

20230808 CSL Cht (3).png

St Bottom is unpredictable at this stage….

Gotta go polish my crystal ????s…..

Cheers…

DrB.

In my post dated 17/6/23 I suggested 2 more 10% drops were ahead for CSL… That call was close enough to be correct….

Today (8/8/23 @ 11am), CSL SP is $262, their IV is just a bit lower @ between $225 to $258, that IV is nearly at the end if its tenure – Up-coming Financials may paint a different IV picture….. Need to Wait’n’see…..

CSL’s 2/9/23 Financials should give us some guidance, but we must remember to ignore any Analyst Guesstimates, as they are usually wrong every year….

A properly constructed Balance Sheet along with believable guidance from CSL should see their SP stabilise…..

An incorrectly structured Balance Sheet and Lack of Guidance could see the IV & SP drop to believable levels…. Remember CSL has been ‘ramped up’ to ridiculously overbought levels by analysts for years now…..

CSL’s overnight ADR’s on the OTC & FWB suggests more ST downside for our CSL…..

ST Inds on CSL are still not happy…..

View attachment 160675
View attachment 160676
View attachment 160677

St Bottom is unpredictable at this stage….

Gotta go polish my crystal ????s…..

Cheers…

DrB.
To me its all about growth. this is historically a high growth company but its getting harder.

For this financial year growth will be single figures.

Growth is forecast to return to 20% the following year so I wouldn't give up on the company yet but I can't see these growth figures of +20% continuing as it has in the past. A PE ratio well above 30 can no longer be justified. Hence the price adjustment.

A PE ratio well above 30 can no longer be justified
Can't disagree , there.
But....
I've been looking at all those $billion companies on the N.Y. Russel index.
Buffet and co. grizzle about their elevated P. E. 's all the time.
All I can do is pay up and think of that old adage " don't fight the market " .
otherwise , it's " stay home , stay in cash "

Can't disagree , there.
But....
I've been looking at all those $billion companies on the N.Y. Russel index.
Buffet and co. grizzle about their elevated P. E. 's all the time.
All I can do is pay up and think of that old adage " don't fight the market " .
otherwise , it's " stay home , stay in cash "
It has dropped. Once we get the profit result you will be able to work it out, and considering he future growth, the price is probably starting to get close to reasonable. The following year will likely be good. the CEO is retiring in September. You have to make the judgment. Don't forget for every seller thinking it is overpriced there is a buyer thinking it is a bargain.

The company also has three potential blockbuster drugs – those with either a huge market size or expensive price point – in its pipeline, including a second heart attack prevention drug CSL112, Vifor’s calcification inhibitor SNF472 and the expansion of Kcentra for use in trauma-related bleeding.