Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CHN - Chalice Mining

My reversal trade on CHN never got going after it triggered a buy. I was correct to sell for a small loss. Price has continued lower and the 123 Low reversal setup has failed completely now.

chn2.PNG

Long term Chalice investors are getting smashed. It's hard to see if there's any future for this company.

CHN going into survival mode for the minute. Or, trying to anyway. What an incredible fall from grace. Maybe unlucky with timing of the market conditions last year.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.54.39 am.png
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.54.51 am.png

Keeps falling. Now 90c, $350m MC.

Not quite positioned to "become a strategic asset for Australia and the western world", or maybe it's just a trip down the orphan stage of the Lassonde Curve. A big trip.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I think a lot of people were thinking once of the majors were going to buy this when it was valued at $2.5b. Maybe it's more interesting to them now. Or, we're still looking at a long time for the relevant metals to turn around.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.15.11 pm.png

I thought it might have been a bottom at $1.50 so there's no chance I'd call a bottom here.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.59.29 am.png

CHN presented at some conference yesterday. By Global, was it OS for heavy hitters, in a different time zone, or just a set of big words?
An emerging critical minerals province in Western Australia
BMO Global Metals & Mining Conference
Whichever, some clearly brought their cheque books along and Chalice was up 25 per cent today.
Screenshot_20240228-213129_CommSec.jpg
the presentation had quite a bit of detail, but is it enough?

Screenshot_20240228-213401_Drive.jpg

How long do they get away with 2/ "Strategic partnering process for Gonneville - positive progress made and active discussions ongoing"?
That's been the blurb for about a year without any specifics or concrete detail. It's pulling wool over the eyes and keeping shareholders hanging on.
Or 5/exploration in "new mineral province"? This has just been a promotional slogan. Nothing much of substance has been found in the Julimar 'province' since they invented the term. Not by Chalice or any of the wannabes

Not Held

How long do they get away with 2/ "Strategic partnering process for Gonneville - positive progress made and active discussions ongoing"?
That's been the blurb for about a year without any specifics or concrete detail. It's pulling wool over the eyes and keeping shareholders hanging on.
Or 5/exploration in "new mineral province"? This has just been a promotional slogan. Nothing much of substance has been found in the Julimar 'province' since they invented the term. Not by Chalice or any of the wannabes

Not Held
In years gone by I was a serious holder in CHN and did pretty well in the constant trading. But the last couple of years it certainly has just become more of the same, unfortunately.

these are important questions ... and I look for context. We all know there's an accountability for anything published. But there was a gabfest geld, the slides presented, the spiel given ... and then some buying interest ... Not much, but some. went from $1.00 to $1.26
Screenshot_20240229-072513_CommSec.jpg

So, was it all sales pitch, roping in some new money, or was there an indiscreet aside or misinterpreted answer ?

Other punters just have the slides to go on. And keeping an eye on nuance shift or, good heavens, some tangible developments.

Not Held.

(and talking myself out of WYX as March comp tip !)

I'm not sure what's changed here, but it seems to have. Maybe nickel and PMGs halted and turned around.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 3.50.25 PM.png

Signs of life?
Volume days this week...

Attachments

• CHN 2024-04-12 .jpg
    CHN 2024-04-12 .jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
Still making higher lows and higher highs since the Feb bottom which is encouraging.

Updated MRE to be released in the next couple of days.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.52.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.53.19 AM.png

Those higher high and lows might be in trouble after this. I don't think Mr Market was expecting it. Maybe I missed it in their previous announcements.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 10.28.46 AM.png

Bounced off the bottom support. Maybe this basic TA crap does work.

I think punters were hoping for more than just a non-binding MOU to pop up, but might be good news for longer term sufferers.

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.18.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.09.04 AM.png

Bounced off the bottom support. Maybe this basic TA crap does work.

I think punters were hoping for more than just a non-binding MOU to pop up, but might be good news for longer term sufferers.

View attachment 179830View attachment 179829
So, "Maybe this basic TA crap does work" eh....
Now you need to follow that up by spending some time on the "Dark Side of TA".... ;)

Last edited:
Maybe they were expecting more than a non binding MOU and smooooth operator Alex Dorsch telling the market he's pleased. At least the thingo's not with the Chinese, that'd see a real tank.

Not Held

Screenshot_20240703_160509_Samsung Notes.jpg

Maybe they were expecting more than a non binding MOU and smooooth operator Alex Dorsch telling the market he's pleased. At least the thingo's not with the Chinese, that'd see a real tank.

Not Held

View attachment 179861
Yea, words like - non binding, potential strategic partnership.
It is goodish news imo but not really substantive. People must have been expecting more.
Also not held.