Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CHN - Chalice Mining

How low can this go? What's the value of minerals in the ground? We're about to find out.

It's been pretty savage. The total mineral value is enormous but they've done the SS on an open pit which is only about half the resource.

Might have been a mistake to use whoever they did for the assumed future metal prices.

As you pointed out earlier the time to production seems pretty wild too.

Not a bad summary here.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 3.21.40 pm.png

There's no way I could buy it now and hope it goes up in the future. I've put CHN in my reversal watch-list (along with DEG, RTR ARU, HAS, RXM) and will wait for other buyers to show their demand first.

The CHN reaction might be a larger and wider comment on how the market is feeling towards projects requiring massive capex.
Yep, I agree. Although I don't think it's the cash that's the problem. Investors are rightly more worried about the long construction phase and that the environmental, indigenous and political sentiment can change so quickly.

CHN may have to consider a smaller production plant and earn some cash before increasing production. Selecting the right production size to start with would be a difficult decision.

CHN's investment outlook is a minimum of 5-10 years. It's right at the swing low of the Lassonde curve. I doubt I'll ever see CHN's first palladium bar.

Right now it's a cfd day traders' dream stock due to the volume and volatility. Bit of buying late today.

Sailing the CHN----One day at a Time
The Good Get Gooder

CHN d  R.png

NB : If you are Sailing SOUTH
But If you are Sailing NORTH
The Bad gets Badder
CHN d.png

Salute and Gods' speed in whichever direction you wish to go
Untitled.jpg

T Goyder and Alex Dorsch the salesman are almost rebuking the market for short termism. What was it when they sold huge chunks of shares at much higher prices? According to them it's short termism to be worried about capex, grade and highly optimistic assumptions about distant metal prices. This has been a hard object lesson in the reality of the 'orphan stage' of a project. A very mismanaged investment by me due to complacency and a 'set and forget' lazy mentality. I won't learn from it though, it's a constitutional flaw.

Not Held

I have taken it off my watchlist. Was thinking of $2, even if it fell to 2 ..n it interested. Only my opinion
CHN still on my watchlist but only to remind me of the golden days when it was booming. Not holding and not interested in investing in it either.

T Goyder and Alex Dorsch the salesman are almost rebuking the market for short termism. What was it when they sold huge chunks of shares at much higher prices? According to them it's short termism to be worried about capex, grade and highly optimistic assumptions about distant metal prices. This has been a hard object lesson in the reality of the 'orphan stage' of a project. A very mismanaged investment by me due to complacency and a 'set and forget' lazy mentality. I won't learn from it though, it's a constitutional flaw.

Not Held

Well I suppose if you had a lazy $30 mil sitting idle why not put intp CHN.

This is quite spectacular. It’s done an ASM after they released a feasibility study with an astronomical capex. $10 to $2….

Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to DEG and to a lesser extent CTM. CTM might already be being sold off in anticipation. I’m slightly worried the numbers have been leaked.

This is quite spectacular. It’s done an ASM after they released a feasibility study with an astronomical capex. $10 to $2….

Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to DEG and to a lesser extent CTM. CTM might already be being sold off in anticipation. I’m slightly worried the numbers have been leaked.
My humble opinion....No Worries on DEG. Was busy with visitors checking on me with broken patella n didn't have time to check on market until now. If DEG drops further tomorrow, I will pick up a bit more.

CHN will be interesting again when it has a 4 in front of it.

This is starting to look like a lifestyle company, not a dedicated developer who wants to build a mine.
Well your foresight at the time was correct. now a 2 in front of it.
Going to make it my pick of the month. It is a world class resource. Someone will do something - hopefully in October.

Going to make it my pick of the month. It is a world class resource. Someone will do something - hopefully in October.
Good afternoon Knobby22,
3 1/2 or so year low today...

Not holding.

Kind regards
rcw1

There's some scared (or very smart) people jumping ship on several big development / high capex plays at the moment. Maybe the Four Horseman have phoned ahead.

There's some scared (or very smart) people jumping ship on several big development / high capex plays at the moment. Maybe the Four Horseman have phoned ahead.
From Bell Direct:
• The strategic nature of the deposit: PGE’s and cobalt are on Australia’s critical minerals list, PGE’s, cobalt and nickel are on the United States’ critical minerals list;

Access to low-cost capital - Moreover, critical minerals exposed projects are gaining funding from Government sources, including as a result of the USA’s Inflation Reduction Act, which is focussed on bolstering security of supply from friendly, low-risk jurisdictions. Much of this finance is low cost, non-recourse and in some cases, cash grants to support project development. This is lowering the cost of capital for recipient projects and potentially making them more attractive to acquire.