Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CHN - Chalice Mining

Looks like the carnage might be over. MC back to $850m. Geesh, was $2.5b at one point.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 10.19.50 am.png

You cursed me by talking it up! Thought I had a chance this month. :D

Apologies. :(

Still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck.

There's not many other good examples of a company being smashed after showing realistic numbers on what's going to be mined. ASM probably the closest.

Could be just following the Lassonde Curve and on the down hill slope to financing. But, that seems to be the problem. A bunch of very large companies got into the data room and then said 'no thanks'. I think that was probably the point where insiders bailed forcing a capitulation.

Apologies. :(

Still a couple of weeks to go. Good luck.

There's not many other good examples of a company being smashed after showing realistic numbers on what's going to be mined. ASM probably the closest.

Could be just following the Lassonde Curve and on the down hill slope to financing. But, that seems to be the problem. A bunch of very large companies got into the data room and then said 'no thanks'. I think that was probably the point where insiders bailed forcing a capitulation.
I was joking about the post yesterday morning, where you said it had appeared to have formed a base (I thought so too), and then the quickly following post where the price collapsed. Tickled me.

I was joking about the post yesterday morning, where you said it had appeared to have formed a base (I thought so too), and then the quickly following post where the price collapsed. Tickled me.

Tickled me too. I've bought and sold this several times since the collapse trying to catch a dead cat for the first bungee bounce but it's been an utter failure. Short any stock I have in my signature.

Tickled me too; still giggling ha ha ha
Murphy’s Law …

Have a very nice weekend Knobby22

Kind regards
rcw1

does anyone remember laughter Chalice?
The company said it received “excellent results” from recent bench-scale hydrometallurgical test work, confirming Gonneville intermediate products as highly suitable for hydrometallurgical ‘midstream’ processing.

Chalice is investigating strategic funding alternatives and partnership models for critical mineral processing operations.

Screenshot_20231108-210705_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20231108-210639_CommSec.jpg

Garage scale is next level!

Good to see them at least looking at the processing., trying to be creative.

I'm no metallurgist (although I can turn lead into gold) but a "bench-scale" test reminds me of the time I was at Hogwarts in Professor Flitwick's class. Just need a wand and a broom.

Bloody hell, MC down to $600m ish. o_O

Has the baby been thrown out?

I'm not sure if that idiom works for this situation, but there's got to be a better explanation than the price of the contained metals having a rough trot. Maybe no one thinks it's worth the capex to get it up and running?

Surely when Ni and PGMs turn about this will respond in kind. :cautious:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 1.44.53 pm.png

but there's got to be a better explanation than the price of the contained metals having a rough trot.
Yeah, apart from that they're going to raise lots of capital using a lower share price for the equity component and completion's too far away (i,e orphan period) and some will have doubt as to whether it'll even happen (indigenous, local comunities ..). A lot of negativity can happen in the next 5 years. Still possible that a jv or sale to a major could happen I guess but I've concluded that was mostly Dorsch spin to keep shareholders in - worked on me. Exploration success in greater Julimar another wildcard but I think management's run out of tricks. Bit of emotion in my take though; If I'd held I'd be down another $125 Gees.

Not Held

Sold 40,000 @ 3.13 for $125k so at roughly half the price today I would only be down 'another' $60k, not $125k. By 'another' I just meant the profit loss from not selling earlier during the 3 day crash.
Still significant though - I hesitated quite a bit before spending $35k on a Mazda 2 this year.

Sold 40,000 @ 3.13 for $125k so at roughly half the price today I would only be down 'another' $60k, not $125k. By 'another' I just meant the profit loss from not selling earlier during the 3 day crash.
Still significant though - I hesitated quite a bit before spending $35k on a Mazda 2 this year.
@finicky Say it quick and blink at the same time and it won't sound or look as bad as it is.

CHN has formed a small reversal pattern (123 Low) and triggered an entry.

chn123.PNG
This exuberant market has created many high volume bullish bars.

Is this exuberant bullishness going to continue next week?

Read that the recent demand for CHN coincided with a 24% increase in palladium. The Pd rally predicated on further banning of Russian produced Pd.

So Pd jumped 24% and keen punters bought CHN as Pd represents an estimated 55% of their production revenue (that won't start for many years). After rally Pd was $1240/oz but the CHN scoping study assumes average Pd price of $2000/oz.

CHN are so screwed that one of their execs asks that short selling of pre-revenue critical mineral stocks should be banned. (AFR article)

Edit: I'm tightening the trailing sell stop on my CHN open trade. CHN share price is going nowhere quickly.

Read that the recent demand for CHN coincided with a 24% increase in palladium. The Pd rally predicated on further banning of Russian produced Pd.

So Pd jumped 24% and keen punters bought CHN as Pd represents an estimated 55% of their production revenue (that won't start for many years). After rally Pd was $1240/oz but the CHN scoping study assumes average Pd price of $2000/oz.

CHN are so screwed that one of their execs asks that short selling of pre-revenue critical mineral stocks should be banned. (AFR article)

Edit: I'm tightening the trailing sell stop on my CHN open trade. CHN share price is going nowhere quickly.
Crikey! How do they expect us Bear Hunters to make a living?
We Cleaned Up on CXO and PLS just recently
Short Selling OFTEN Helps a Share Go NORTH very quickly
XYZ Yacht.GIF