Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Cashless society

Its not just women that get killed by men, statistically more men kill other men then women
Yeah, but that’s not a good thing either is it, and as I said women often fear rape more than death, and men rape more women than they do men.

if your daughter was going to have to walk home late at night through an area where there is lots of drunk men, you aren’t just going to worry about death, you will be worried about sexual assault I am sure.

Yeah, but that’s not a good thing either is it, and as I said women often fear rape more than death, and men rape more women than they do men.

if your daughter was going to have to walk home late at night through an area where there is lots of drunk men, you aren’t just going to worry about death, you will be worried about sexual assault I am sure.
I wouldn't want my son or daughter walking home through such a area both alike.

Its like putting a goat in a cage with a lion then being surprised the bad lion did it. Can't change nature.

Mixing back both issues:
A bus driver refuses due to a company policy, to take on board a person, able and willing to pay a fare in cash.
The saïd person gets murdered as she/he/it walk back instead, or hitchhike,etc
Should not in 2024 and under current legislation, that bus company be held responsible, liable and forced to pay huge punitive civil compensation.?
As a juror, wo any doubt.in my view.
But some it seems, will argue the victim asked for it as payid was not setup and the ultimate solution is sharia laws: with alcohol prohibited, no murder or rape..look at France stats....
All these Beaujolais lovers stabbing slashing and raping in the street because of alcohol and cash..

Mixing back both issues:
A bus driver refuses due to a company policy, to take on board a person, able and willing to pay a fare in cash.
The saïd person gets murdered as she/he/it walk back instead, or hitchhike,etc
Should not in 2024 and under current legislation, that bus company be held responsible, liable and forced to pay huge punitive civil compensation.?
As a juror, wo any doubt.in my view.
But some it seems, will argue the victim asked for it as payid was not setup and the ultimate solution is sharia laws: with alcohol prohibited, no murder or rape..look at France stats....
All these Beaujolais lovers stabbing slashing and raping in the street because of alcohol and cash..
what if the bus driver gets murdered during an attempted robbery of his cash? Do we sue the bus company then for putting the bus driver at risk by making him hold cash?

If you had the ability to solve one problem with the click of your fingers would you do

1, Make all businesses permanently accept cash, and buses not refuse to transport people.

or

2, Instill a sense of respect for others in society so that rapes, robberies, murders etc don’t happen.

what you have tried to basically say is that the problem is the bus driver not allowing the woman that was hypothetically murdered on the bus, and not the bad actions of the society that allows such things to happen.

Last edited:

what if the bus driver gets murdered during an attempted robbery of his cash? Do we sue the bus company then for putting the bus driver at risk by making him hold cash?

If you had the ability to solve one problem with the click of your fingers would you do

1, Make all businesses permanently accept cash, and buses not refuse to transport people.

or

2, Instill a sense of respect for others in society so that rapes, robberies, murders etc don’t happen.

what you have tried to basically say is that the problem is the bus driver not allowing the woman that was hypothetically murdered on the bus, and not the bad actions of the society that allows such things to happen.
1 Possible
2 Impossible .. unless genetic engineering is enforced

I don’t think it comes down to genetics alone, it comes down to being raised properly.
In days gone by I agree with you But given that parents are no longer allowed to discipline their children after the age of 10-12 years it can no longer blamed on the folks

Kids today can and do walk away from their family home because they are denied gaming rights after 10.00 at night, other sensible ideas like 10.00 curfews are also enough reason to move into youth housing with govt funding

Perhaps it should be the responsibility of those who encourage children to rebel against authority to pick up the pieces of the lives they ruin

As long as you understand that properly is hugely different based on culture or more appropriately religion.
The whole issue with the initial woke denial response about immigration...

Please note that that I follow with disbelief these discussions looking at the naivety of most Australians and their overall absence of knowledge of what is now factual reality in most of Western Europe not only slums as it was 30y ago but also cities, towns and even countryside.
There is definitively a lot of truth in the saying that history repeats itself and people do not learn from history , taking similar paths to past mistakes
Anyway, all that has not much to do with cash destruction !
Except that it highlights the same divisions between on one side a woke leftist and authoritarian repressive agenda and a free market libertarian opposition.
And we all know who will win and who will be the collaborators of the new world orders
Today, I could only pay my coffee by cash as eftpos (credit card, etc) was down in a small FNQ Atherton tabkeland town.
I keep cash...

In days gone by I agree with you But given that parents are no longer allowed to discipline their children after the age of 10-12 years it can no longer blamed on the folks

Kids today can and do walk away from their family home because they are denied gaming rights after 10.00 at night, other sensible ideas like 10.00 curfews are also enough reason to move into youth housing with govt funding

Perhaps it should be the responsibility of those who encourage children to rebel against authority to pick up the pieces of the lives they ruin
I am not just blaming parents, I am saying society in general, even your friend groups etc has a major affect on whether you respect women, and as I alcohol also plays a major role in a number of assaults.

Or belonging to a faith which does or does not treat different humans as equal based on sex, religion or sexual preferences?
Yes, and as I said western culture in many ways does not Treat humans on an equal basis.

i know you are eluding to the Islamic faith, and I agree, I am pretty much anti all religions, but at the same time I believe in religious freedom, I just hope society over time continues to move away from them.

As long as you understand that properly is hugely different based on culture or more appropriately religion.
The whole issue with the initial woke denial response about immigration...
I don’t want to derail this conversation any further, but there is some logical universal ethical ways of acting that are above any culture or religion.

just because your religion teaches something, doesn’t make it proper or ethical, your religion can just be wrong, things don’t become right just because a religion says so, it is right because it can be proven by logic and science that it’s the right way to act.