Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Cashless society

I believe that to allow all transactions to be tracable would mean you believe and trust emphatically that Governments and Banks and all those other people in the dimly lit rooms looking at computer screens through their cigarette smoke have your best interests at heart.
Yes I know "do no wrong and have nothing to fear" and if you believe that then you have yet to work out there is no Tooth Fairy.

bux

I believe that to allow all transactions to be tracable would mean you believe and trust emphatically that Governments and Banks and all those other people in the dimly lit rooms looking at computer screens through their cigarette smoke have your best interests at heart.
Yes I know "do no wrong and have nothing to fear" and if you believe that then you have yet to work out there is no Tooth Fairy.

bux

There is a fine line as well between read and write access, once the powers have full control on seeing your transaction, they are nearly in full control to seize them or edit them
Already half way there to be honest

@Value Collector Well if the amount of tax that I and they pay, nah.

I believe that everyone should pay a fair amount of tax to ensure that we have a great country and society, that can also support the vulnerable, weak and sick.

However, like Kerry Packer said, 'the governments are not spending it well'.

I am paying a ridiculous amount of tax, working 45 to 50 hours per week, making sure that I keep my staff in a job and pay them well with all the benefits. And I see lazy drug addicts getting paid all sorts of benefits with no responsibility asked of them, people on the streets with their hand out for spare change while there are government and non-government organisations giving them cash, food, cloths, phones, and whatever else, with no obligations.

Yes, there are people that need our help and some of them are in such a bad state that they can give nothing back to society or themselves (I have a sister in-law in this state), but a good proportion of those receiving help can be educated to give something back to society and to help themselves, but they must want to do it themselves, the caregivers and supporters cannot make them in anyway.

Tax and donation dollars given without asking for something back as simple as responsibility for themselves or society. Clean a section of the street, pick up some rubbish, help the old and disabled with their garden, something very simple. But no, can't do that because they are then taking away some union person's job.

And that gets me to the union, working on building sites for 100,00 to 200,00 per year, or the lollipop person on 60+ per hour, NDIS staff with no qualifications getting 60+, and on it goes.

The government want a cashless system so that they can screw the taxpayer for more. The banks want a cashless system so that they can increase their profits on present service, and find new means of charging for new services.

End of rant :)

I believe that everyone should pay a fair amount of tax to ensure that we have a great country and society, that can also support the vulnerable, weak and sick.

I am paying a ridiculous amount of tax, working 45 to 50 hours per week, making sure that I keep my staff in a job and pay them well with all the benefits. And I see lazy drug addicts getting paid all sorts of benefits with no responsibility asked of them, people on the streets with their hand out for spare change while there are government and non-government organisations giving them cash, food, cloths, phones, and whatever else, with no obligations.

Yes, there are people that need our help and some of them are in such a bad state that they can give nothing back to society or themselves (I have a sister in-law in this state), but a good proportion of those receiving help can be educated to give something back to society and to help themselves, but they must want to do it themselves, the caregivers and supporters cannot make them in anyway.

Tax and donation dollars given without asking for something back as simple as responsibility for themselves or society. Clean a section of the street, pick up some rubbish, help the old and disabled with their garden, something very simple. But no, can't do that because they are then taking away some union person's job.

And that gets me to the union, working on building sites for 100,00 to 200,00 per year, or the lollipop person on 60+ per hour, NDIS staff with no qualifications getting 60+, and on it goes.

The government want a cashless system so that they can screw the taxpayer for more. The banks want a cashless system so that they can increase their profits on present service, and find new means of charging for new services.

1715312982222.png

@JohnDe For those of us that are self employed there are certainly some tax benefits to be had, but my guess is what we pay annually as individuals is more than enough to subsidise a druggie or a beach bum who add nothing and do even less for society.
In my business or farming and farm contracting a fair whack gets taken even with some half decent accounting which is also a cost.

bux

There is a difference between ”not donating extra” and blatantly avoiding paying what you owe.

Everyone likes to think that it’s the government that they are ripping off, but in reality it is their fellow Aussies.

There is a difference between ”not donating extra” and blatantly avoiding paying what you owe.

Everyone likes to think that it’s the government that they are ripping off, but in reality it is their fellow Aussies.
@Value Collector The real rip off merchants are those that are physically and mentally able to work, but choose to bludge on society, because they can.
There is little to no checking, just a Centrelink payment every fortnight.

@JohnDe For those of us that are self employed there are certainly some tax benefits to be had, but my guess is what we pay annually as individuals is more than enough to subsidise a druggie or a beach bum who add nothing and do even less for society.
In my business or farming and farm contracting a fair whack gets taken even with some half decent accounting which is also a cost.
Or subsidise the medication for a cancer patient, or pay for a school teacher, or police officer, etc etc.

people that like to dodge tax are always quick to bring up dole bludgers, but never bring up all the good stuff our taxes pay for, or the fact that every dollar they dodge paying will result in more pressure being put on those of us who actually pay what we are asked to pay.

Or subsidise the medication for a cancer patient, or pay for a school teacher, or police officer, etc etc.

people that like to dodge tax are always quick to bring up dole bludgers, but never bring up all the good stuff our taxes pay for, or the fact that every dollar they dodge paying will result in more pressure being put on those of us who actually pay what we are asked to pay.
@Value Collector This merry-go-round could go on forever.
But I do pay a very substantial amount of Tax, through both personal and business.
I pay my share.
I just have a "thing" about Government wastage as most people should.

In my business 95% of payments is cashless, with only 5% being cash. The ATO knows all my business transaction and want a big slice of it every quarter, and a huge slice of my income as well.

As I said before, I don't mind paying tax to help the country and its people. But i am sick and tired of wasteful governments that have no care factor when it comes to wasting our tax dollars.

Take the Victorian government when under Dan Andrews, cancels a major infrastructure contract and has to pay $1 billion dollars for breaking the contract, same with the Commonwealth Games. That is taxpayer money wasted, and the coffers had to be replenished by increasing taxes. Look at the current Federal Government budget, they are going to hand over $2.4B of taxpayer funds to the Victorian government to help them finish a huge infrastructure project, because the Victorian state is broke.

My tax dollars are now propping up the Victorian government and I don't live in Victoria.

So good on you, I do not hold any grudge at you for not handing over all your hard earned to a government that wastes our money while their goons try to make us feel guilty by quipping about the sick and medicines.

@Value Collector This merry-go-round could go on forever.
But I do pay a very substantial amount of Tax, through both personal and business.
I pay my share.
I just have a "thing" about Government wastage as most people should.
Paying “Your share” would involve declaring all your income, and paying tax on it. If you are hiding income, you aren’t paying your share, so the government will come looking for more from those of us that are actually paying our share.

If you have a problem with government wastage, write letters and form protest groups. But I think your view on government wastage is fairly cynical, considering the large amounts of government spending that goes towards good causes.

When I here people excusing tax avoidance with cynical excuses I think of Musk describing Cynics.

Last edited: